Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
If I may be so bold as to ask...is it going to be someone who already apped, or could I submit an app?

I was going to the first time around, but it was about 3 minutes to deadline and I still had no magic items and scrapped it :shobon:

Totally understandable if you'd rather pick from the already-substantial pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Kurieg posted:

Also the scope of the game is going to be expanding, if you want to be a visiting detective from one of the other nations, or a member of the Kings Citadel(Breland FBI) or Dark Lanterns(Breland CIA) go for it. This is a police procedural, having visiting detectives from other shows agencies come in and muddle things up had to happen eventually..

What about Elf Batman? :allears:

Okay fine technically Elf Green Arrow, but I just wanna make sure "Vigilante" is not something I should just reskin as King's Citadel because it's too silly.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

I'm gonna slap together the most basic Fighter I can think of because then I'll be so normal I'll be cool :c00lbutt:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Traugot Metzger, Half-Elf Dreadnaught Fighter

"You're SURE about this, sir?" The dwarf looked up at his commanding officer, as the two spied down on Traugot during his drills.
"Not entirely, no. He is...a capable fighter, to be sure."
"Bit brash, if ye ask me," the dwarven man ran stubby fingers through thick beard, "Might be the death o' him."
The elven man shook his head, "That might be to their advantage. He's a tough nut to crack, as it were. But, yes, he's awful bold. His style seems, almost exclusively, designed to...er, piss everyone off."
The dwarven man let out a chuckle, "Sounds like it burned your pretty elven lips to curse, eh Vargus?"

The duo later approached the Half-Elven man, as he swung his hammer at the dummies.
"We've a proposition for you. A...promotion, of sorts."
"A promotion, sir?" He clenched his hammer, fastening it at his side.
"Yeah. Well, sort of. Sharn Watch has this Advanced Tactics Squad. They've got their panties in a bunch about their latest casualty. Say they need someone to coordinate and control the flow of a fight. Feh, I say we let 'em rot. But Twinkletoes here suggested we send a representative, all the same."
The elf rolled his eyes at the nickname, "Yes. Among their number are a Spirit-talker, an Elven Huntress, a minotaur...and the less said of those, the better...and a man of mysterious power."
Traugot nodded, looking over the dossier, "And you're replacing a Swordmage...with me? Er, all due respect, but I'm little more than a guy who swings a mean hammer," He shrugged, handing the paper back, "What the hell can I do to fill that role?"
"Take a hit, mainly." The Dwarf was blunt, but accurate.
"Ah. Meat shield. That's what they need. I think I'll pass, sirs."
"The Blackened Book has some interest in the older gentleman."
Traugot paused, "Excuse me?"

A waif-like Eladrin woman sat across from him, barely an hour before his interview.
"They have told you nothing, I hope?"
"Not a word, Miss..."
"My name is not important. I am one of the Blackened Book. You know of us, I assume?"
The man nodded, "My sister was numbered amongst your order, up until she passed."
"The airship accident, I read about that. Quite a few people lost their lives and livelihoods that day."
His face went somber, remembering the occasion, "It was...quite a tragedy. But no one to blame, I suppose."
"It was certainly a tragedy, that much is true. One counted among the survivors is the Kalashtar man amongst the Watch."
A brow rose as Traugot tilted his head.
"We have reason to believe he is...connected to the crash. Not responsible, mind. But intertwined. His survival seems to have sparked latent talents we do not quite understand fully. At least, not as well as the Arcane arts."

The half-elf shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "And what would you have me do? Be his bodyguard? His babysitter?"
"Nothing so demeaning to either of you. Simply put, because he is fragile. Though his talents are quite powerful, a blade cuts a magician all the same as a warrior."
With a wry grin and a heavy thud, Traugot clapped his chest, "Not entirely true, but I get your point. Alright, I'll keep the old man safe."
"The rest of his team, though of no SIGNIFICANCE to US, is still counted amongst your charge."
"So the girl, the elf, the rest of them..."
"Would be your allies and comrades-in-arms. You are being considered because your brash nature makes you a target in the midst of combat. Use that to serve them, and you'll do fine."
Traugot was, to say the least, confused, "You want me to guard the old man, but not JUST the old man? And though they don't matter, watch out for his friends? Scales, woman, make up your mind!"
She did her best to hide the growing annoyance, "To put it in plain Common for you, Half-blood. The man is your charge. HIS allies are YOUR allies. His interests are your interests. You are to do what the Watch asks of you, and what WE ask of you. And that is that you watch over him."

"METZGER" Traugot heard his name called, collecting his things and heading into the interview. He would watch out for the old man, if only in memory of his sister. It did not sit easy with him, but maybe the old man could give him some closure, to say the least.
"Alright, fine. If they pick me? I'll guard the old man and his friends."
He snatched up his hammer and entered the room, a strange feeling of dread in the pit of his stomach. The strange feeling that he just agreed to more than he bargained for.

• Locked thread