Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Ghorma, Dragonborn Barbarian
That basic image but without a shield.

I never understood why no one wanted to patrol down in The Cogs or Dura. No where else in the city was it easier to scam the locals. Sure I would say, the watch will protect you from thieves; sure we will protect you from being attacked, sure we will keep violence away from your home. Down there, no one gave a drat if you fleeced the locals for all they could spare. I came down to Sharn when I was scarcely hatched, learned how to run the streets young. Every other watch officer wanted to hobnob with rich buggers up in Central or the Skyway. Soon as I came of age I asked to join the watch, gave ‘em the old ‘I want to do my duty and serve with honor’ shtick. First patrol I could request I was down in The Cogs. Dragonborn saying ‘Pay me’, not many people said no.

The best place to get some free coin was the depths of course. Anyone I caught down there with loot worth something, I take it and they get off scott free. Anyone I find who has not found anything worth shite? Well if they have a donation for the Watch retirement fund I would let ‘em go. Over time I started letting much more than just a few people have free reign over the Depths. Dozen or more gangs were paying me tribute to let them loot down there free of hassle. One of the buggers found something that was actually worth something though, and I don't mean just a few hundred gold, I mean thousands. Powers that be came down hard on the gang, then came looking for whoever was letting them into the place. Few snitches in The Cogs sold me out; I ended up out of the force with nothing to show for 9 years of somewhat loyal service. Well, aside from a ring of gangs that knew me and merchants that already were paying me.

That was a few years ago though. I was able to get along before since I was a member of the watch; my gang was bigger than most gangs. Attack or kill me, whole watch comes down on your head. Last few years I spent all my time fighting off small time gangs and looters looking to knock me off or take over my territory. Then came the letter from Commander Cazel. Totally out of the blue it was. Some new watch group, SWAT, was forming and she needed eyes on it. She knew of my troubles with gangs; I was getting too old to run a whole area of The Cogs alone. Steady pay from the city, safe(ish) work in this new section, and all I have to do is report to Cazel? Not a problem at all. Cazel’s been around for a while and has not made many friends. Not long ‘till she is gone and I get to have the run of The Cogs again with no-one looking over my shoulder. Few months or years of being the elves toady and I get back on top. Of course it could be less than that, just have to keep my ears open, never know who might finally get sick of the drat woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
~

Ovo fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 13, 2013

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Well at least we roll well in combat :v:

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
I doubt they have much more to tell us, but I am moving away just a tad in case someone has a last question.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
And it's a bar fight no less!

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
What are the rules for moving across the tables? Difficult terrain or anything? I would want to move to I-20 if possible on my turn.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
He will have night terrors for the rest of his life, or whatever the warforged equivalent would be.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
E: Oops, meant to edit a post not quote it.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Central seems like the wiser plan, I'm sure we can deal with anything along the way.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Sorry, I just finished a big job and came home to visit for Christmas. Will post more now that I am set up again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Hey all, I am going to have to drop out of the game. Death in the family and work have made it hard for me to post much or at all and I don't want to drag the game down by never being around. the game was a ton of fun to play in and you were great players. Sorry all, great game idea Kurieg.

• Locked thread