Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

CottonWolf posted:

Oh, that sounds nasty. Don't feel the need to hurry back, take a few days off if you need to!

Indeed, personal health is more important than internet people. Get well dude, hope gravity didn't kick your rear end too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Pipe rifles and snack cakes.
The Ninth World waits for no one! But for real, the doctor said it wasn't anything serious and I'm mostly just tired from waiting four goddamn hours at the hospital. I'll have an update posted in the next hour or so.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Just chiming in here to say that i've been enjoying the story inmensely so far to the point that i check the thread an unhealthy amount. I hooe Custo has been fun to DM for as well since i have been making some stuff up on the fly and this is the first time i've actually played a character and game this wordsy, that tale took me like an hour and i only just noticed it all somewhat rhymes :haw: , sorry if custo is going a bit overvoard on the visual aspects of it. He is just so drat happy to be performing again with his first friend graddus

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Same here - my F5 button's gonna get busted before the game's over at this rate!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

AzMiLion posted:

Just chiming in here to say that i've been enjoying the story inmensely so far to the point that i check the thread an unhealthy amount. I hooe Custo has been fun to DM for as well since i have been making some stuff up on the fly and this is the first time i've actually played a character and game this wordsy, that tale took me like an hour and i only just noticed it all somewhat rhymes :haw: , sorry if custo is going a bit overvoard on the visual aspects of it. He is just so drat happy to be performing again with his first friend graddus

I thought the visuals were really cool! Makes sense considering what you were doing too. It's not like they were just coming out of nowhere.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

I'm delighted that you guys have enjoyed it so far! Everyone here is absolutely EXCELLENT players and your characters are all a blast. Also AzMiLion, Custo's story was fantastic. I wasn't expecting the visuals nor the descriptions of the holograms, but going that extra mile guaranteed you charmed the pants off the whole alehouse.

I'll have an update posted in a bit.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Yeah, the more we get into this the more I think the Ninth World owns bones.

So when are we gonna do some Panzer Dragoon poo poo? :v:

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
As an aside, I'm playing Vance's and Custo's connection as not religious/superstitious but as Vance being amazed because of the existence of something as complex as fully functioning spacetime manipulating android that doesn't have thought processes that are completely alien to humans and has survived who knows how many collapses of civilization.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Friar John posted:

So when are we gonna do some Panzer Dragoon poo poo? :v:

Well, there's still a second part after the guff with Evanna and the Narthex is completed, but if you guys are receptive to it, I'm highly interested in continuing this group. I have more pre-mades, but I can already think of some original adventures to run the group through. But hey, only time will tell!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

saberwulf posted:

Well, there's still a second part after the guff with Evanna and the Narthex is completed, but if you guys are receptive to it, I'm highly interested in continuing this group. I have more pre-mades, but I can already think of some original adventures to run the group through. But hey, only time will tell!
Yeah, but we'll see if the group doesn't kick Bardakos out after this one :v:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

saberwulf, I've been enjoying the hell out of the game so far. The Whispering lurker thing that happened was not what i expected to happen at all. Also love the fact that Custo has had a bunch of development and background being expanded on by both of us since i get the feeling we have the same general direction to take him in.

For my question, since Custo is a synth, can i have him walk in the lake after Nara? He basically runs off of some form of battery and has spent ridiculous amounts of time underground without oxygen so in my mind he should be able to but if you're not OK with it i'll axe the post that i'm about to make in thread.

edit: if you want me too i could spend might or intelligence for either not breathing or managing energy processes whilst underwater.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Yeah, that's cool with me. I imagine he's shielded somewhat, though if he enters deep enough water, or uses a lot of additional power, I'll call for periodic checks. I'll use GM's discretion on what constitutes both.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

saberwulf posted:

Yeah, that's cool with me. I imagine he's shielded somewhat, though if he enters deep enough water, or uses a lot of additional power, I'll call for periodic checks. I'll use GM's discretion on what constitutes both.

Makes sense that stuff costs more power down there, I like to think of it as Custo using the Ward skill to keep out the water, so he's not so much actually getting wet, but pushing the water away from him.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Much more finesse than Nara's 'Just don't breathe' approach, certainly.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Elfface posted:

Much more finesse than Nara's 'Just don't breathe' approach, certainly.

More technology mostly. and if you find a matching port on Custo it'd be even more technology. Would be funny to have some form of hardlink between Nara and Custo. If the tech advancement keeps up we'd be a party of mutes that speak to each other telepathically by the end of the adventure.

On a side note, I need to go and find me a bunch of sound effect youtube links, I spent half an hour looking for a single instance of a windows Stop/Critical error noise, couldn't find it. Would've gone in the post where Custo reboots. Maybe next time! since apparently everythng backfires on Custo lately, same thng goes for my other character in the other numenera game at the moment. He managed to flip/crash a cart and flee the crime scene. This was after somewhat annoying the caravan leader as well. Numenera with good DM's is fuckin great.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Excuse the lack of a post everyone, got my ears pierced and watched Desolation of Smaug in addition to rushing around all day, so I'm beat. I'll have a reply up tomorrow!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Should i add the fact that Custo is somewhat waterproof to my character sheet? Linking the post you explained the mechanics of the system in, Would make it easier for both of us to keep track of Custo's "Features".

Also, if this place ends up being related to Custo's history he might end up becoming Comrade Custo, Friend to all. in which case, you clever bastard.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Saberwulf, I took some liberties in the post i made, mostly about what custo sees and hears once he entered the datasphere. If you're not okay with that please say so and i'll stop doing that. Trying to gget across that custo's a bit disturbed by the things he saw at the lake, on the dish. And the memory thing is mostly related to his backstory stuff, not so much recent times. I also think we are roughly in line on what we both think custo was in the past but that might not be a discussion for this thread since it's supposed to be a big unknown for him as well.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Just for the record, I'll be back from my relatives on the 2nd, so I'll be able to post regularly again from then. Hope everyone's having a good Christmas/New Year!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

CottonWolf posted:

Just for the record, I'll be back from my relatives on the 2nd, so I'll be able to post regularly again from then. Hope everyone's having a good Christmas/New Year!

I'm having a good one so far, spending most of my time drunk and with friends. Shooting off some professional fireworks in two days so that should be great as well. A jet engine is involved as well i think.

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Excuse my slowness in replying, I'm at the tail-end of the flu. Expect an update late tonight or very early in the morning.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

No worries, saberwulf. And just so everyone knows, I'm going to be taking a road trip from the 6th to the 11th, but I should have Wi-fi available, so I should be able to post, if not quite as fast.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

saberwulf posted:

Excuse my slowness in replying, I'm at the tail-end of the flu. Expect an update late tonight or very early in the morning.

No worries, personal health comes before internet adventures. At least everyone survived new years eve right? (even if i had a close call at one point, couple of 3 inch shells went off a bit too close for comfort due to a failed lift charge )

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

The current dreamposts are loving great. every single one of them.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm quite fond of them too. I decided to go for something a little more meaningful this time, though another night might just be

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

AzMiLion posted:

The current dreamposts are loving great. every single one of them.

I seriously have to agree. Absolutely fantastic posts from everyone!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Are we still waiting for someone?

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Friar John posted:

Are we still waiting for someone?

Posted in the MIA thread about it, but not many people read that. I've come down with a cold and it's completely fried my brain. Sorry about the delay, I'll see if I can get my head working so I can update.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

saberwulf posted:

Posted in the MIA thread about it, but not many people read that. I've come down with a cold and it's completely fried my brain. Sorry about the delay, I'll see if I can get my head working so I can update.
Aha, not a problem. I was just wondering!

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Hmm, Shouldn't Custo be at 17/17 Intellect? since he rested last night?

Also spending 4 XP to buy the followng.
3 Intellect statpoints
1 Might Statpoint

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Saberwulf, You still alive?

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

Sorry about the delay! I actually didn't realize I hadn't posted in that long. Expect an update in a few hours.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

It should tell you how much we enjoy the game when we start jonesing for our fix after a day or two :v:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Friar John posted:

It should tell you how much we enjoy the game when we start jonesing for our fix after a day or two :v:

Yep, Numenera is a great system and saberwulf is a very entertaining DM.

I've been reading through the rules and stuff, seems there's a lot of potential for mutations and changing your character but nothing specifically for synth/robotic characters though. Should we eventually reach a campaign with flying dragons and that kinda stuff Imma start looking for a jetpack module for custo :D

saberwulf
Mar 3, 2009

I have the post 3/4ths done, but something came up out of nowhere. It'll be posted in just over an hour!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In my mind, that car dealer is...

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
I'm just going to say that I'm going to get that car and fix it up even if I have to spend every shin I have, cannibalize all of my cyphers for parts and spend all of my XP on rerolls.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

So who got that other XP point that Okasvi gave out to whoever had the least? Because I think a few of us are tied at 2.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Friar John posted:

So who got that other XP point that Okasvi gave out to whoever had the least? Because I think a few of us are tied at 2.

I'm happy to give up my claim to it. So I think that makes it yours. I think we were the only two on two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

I'm happy to give up my claim to it. So I think that makes it yours. I think we were the only two on two.
Cool, I'll take it then. One more before I can upgrade something! Now I just need to think about what to upgrade...

• Locked thread