Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
How do I go back down, so to speak, with the skill level of a song? I bought Rocksmith last week, played bass with several hours a night, got a couple songs more or less mastered. Then I put it away for 3 days, and for some dumb reason I can't play the songs as well today. Is there a way to tell it to put the song back at, say, 75% difficulty and let me work my way back up?

Also, I'm pretty annoyed at songs that don't have a count-in. Trying to guess exactly when the song is going to start sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Behonkiss posted:

Access Riff Repeater while playing (The button to access it on your console of choice will pop up before a song starts). You can choose individual sections of a song and adjust the difficulty level near the top of the options menu that pops up.

Thanks!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

My Telecaster apparently doesn't put out enough signal to play Rocksmith without cranking everything up. Some folks here have mentioned using the USB cable with the output from an amp. I have a Micro Cube; what's the cleanest/simplest setting to use so I'm only boosting the volume without adding any other effects or risking damaging the cable?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

'69 Telecaster Thinline reissue.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Skuto posted:

Can't you raise the pickups?

Thanks, but they're fine with my amp, so I would prefer not to adjust them for the game.

TriggerHappy posted:

Are you raising the Rocksmith cable's sound level in control panel? Every time you start up Rocksmith 2014 it drops the mic level input to 17% for some dumb reason. Most people set it between 50 and 70% for best results..

Ooh, hadn't occurred to me to check there. Thanks!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Yep. I have the same issue with my bass, which also works fine with my other amp. So I'm going to look at the input control panel when I'm done with work and get to play.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Macavity posted:

Fun list (especially for me a bassist) with some weird gaps/errors

Big Country - In A Big Country
I learned about this song through Rock Band 3's setlist and I've loved it ever since. Fun, fun song with that sort of 80's new-wave-y feel (though apparently it's from 1990? huh!)
1983 :eng101:

quote:

Huey Lewis and the News - The Power of Love
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Huey Lewis was never new wave. Just a straight ahead bar band with who made it big with some help from Mutt Lange. More bitter/cynical than Elvis Costello? :psyduck:

I would like to thank the posters earlier in the thread who helped me figure out the low volume problem. Switching to my OS's audio settings, after starting the game, made the difference. So, thanks!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Hah! I'd completely forgotten that scene :)

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Edward_Lapine posted:

I was disappointed that in RS2014 they didn't show if Bass songs with picked or fingered. Most of the time I would guess it right, but I was surprised to see B'z - Giri Giri Chop was fingered while I was using a pick when I played it. The song is much easier now and sounds better for me. :downs:

It doesn't show picked/fingered in the main song list, but it shows it when you select a song:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Major Spag posted:

I, too, wish to audition for the fictional band "Jem and the holograms".

Or failing that, the bassist for "Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown".

Do you not know who Bootsy Collins is?