Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bought my 360 purely for Dead Rising, bought many things after that.

I did have a hell of a start with my Xbox though, first model had issues with the laser and hosed up some games, 2nd one lasted 3 months before it red ringed, 3rd one lasted a day(same laser issue) and my 4th was the only that lasted through heavy use for 3 years before succumbing to an E74 error. I stopped with the Xbox at that point and grabbed the slim one much later, that one is still kicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That DD is so bought.

I could really use a regular Dogma save file though. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When do the black friday sales go live?

I want Dark Arisen.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I recently came into possession of a turtle beach via a friend of mine. He set it up so I could listen to the game audio through them.

I like it, I can hear every noise, footsteps, creepy poo poo happening, weird monster moaning in Resident Evil.

So I ask you guys, what games have superb atmospheric sound like that?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So did they ever fix Arkham Origins? I'd like to get into it but the myriad of glitches has me wary.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its back to $10.

Oh well, I didn't want it anyway. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Father Wendigo posted:

It's still up for me here in Freedom Land as of 6:25 p.m. Go to the Games tab on your dashboard, and you should see an alien in an American Flag vest with '$1.99 Limited Time Offer!'

p.s. gently caress Regional Sales

Why the gently caress is it ONLY a sale through that thing. :confused:

Anyway, thanks I got it. :woop:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Father Wendigo posted:

!!!THIRTY MINUTEish WARNING!!!

Some losers will be playing Perfect Dark in about thirty minutes. If you have purchased Perfect Dark and would like a full refund, please message gt: Father Wendigo for full details (you chump).

Add me so I can borrow your pawn.

And some PD.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
GTA Online feels like Rockstar really wants players to play in a specific way, so they punish those that try to play like they want to.

And they patched a JP/Money exploit while the character erase bugs was in full swing, that should tell you where their priorities lie.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like the sales started.

28 bucks for BL2 and all the campaigns is a drat good deal.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Neo Helbeast posted:

Skip Mechro and get the Psycho. The Psycho starts off slow but is pretty awesome no matter which way you spec. Gaige is pretty cool but she starts fall behind all of the other characters once you get past level 50.

False, the Mechro is one of the strongest characters in the game with a ton of build diversity, you can either wreck poo poo with her or be tanky as hell.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Or maybe Keflings is just not everyone's cup of tea and you're all being huge babies about one guy not liking it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Do not buy CVHD if you plan to play it solo, the game has no story to speak off and its purely all about loot hunting.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

Is it playable as game? The stories were always super dumb and I never cared about them at all but i loved all of the CV games until they went into the garbage rear end Lords of Shadow realm.

If you like getting better gear and grinding characters.

I guess I should clarify, the game has no story at all, its just get one big map, fight boss, open chest, next stage. Rinse/repeat a billion times. You really need to like that kind of play to get the most out of it.

I have like 200 hours in CVHD but I have a very high tolerance for grinding.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Duke posted:

Resident Evil: Revelations is a great game. Unfortunately Raid Mode is pretty dead it seems, but if anyone wants to play I'm down. gt: kr0jar

edit: I'm only halfway through the campaign so I don't have all the levels unlocked yet. I'll probably be done by tomorrow.

Was looking for someone to raid up with, I'm AchyHippo

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wow those sales. :stare:

Guess my net came back up just in time.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bully is the best game Rockstar has ever put out, if you haven't played it yet, now's the perfect time to pick it up.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rarity posted:

In my plan to play my way through the 360 back catalogue I've asked for a bunch of games from 2006 for Xmas and I just received Tomb Raider Legend! What should I be expecting?

A much better game than the recent reboot.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rarity posted:

Oh hey I got a bunch more old games for Xmas: Far Cry Instincts Predator, Hitman Blood Money and Splinter Cell Double Agent. Any good?

Blood Money is fantastic, best Hitman.

FC and Double Agent are both poo poo, Double Agent in particular is absolutely horrendous, the regular Xbox version is different and much better than the 360 one.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

There is a minigame involving oogling women while they're not looking. The more you stare at their tits and rear end, the higher your score gets. You get special sunglasses that look through their clothing and also makes it easier to raise your score. Do it well enough without getting caught (and while giving them presents) and you sleep with them. Do this well enough and you get a trophy which says "Made (x) your prisoner in body and soul."

You also get better equipment.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Other than DKC, I don't really think Rare was that good to begin with, their Banjo games where absolutely bloated, and Donkey Kong 64 being their magnum opus on how it is in fact possible to have to much, being forced to 100% the game to get the true ending can also eat my rear end, 100% should be an extra cutscene or a game breaking power, nothing more.

Most of their offerings on the MS side being mediocre didn't really surprise me at all.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Don't try to master the counter system in Conan.

Not because it sucks, but because its easy to do and just destroys the game, nothing poses a single threat to you once you learn how to counter properly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZeeBoi posted:

Halo 4's plot was about a forerunner planet and the forerunner wanting to wipe out human life, meanwhile rogue Covenants are running about too.

Also eggheads.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Houdini posted:

I enjoyed DMC much more than Metal Gear Rising :smith:

That's a serious medical problem, might wanna get that looked at.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone who's play SC Blacklist fill me in on it? Its dropped to 20.

I mostly ignored it cause no Ironside and Sam looks super young but at 20 I might give it a spin.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

goethe gear xx posted:

Okay, so how about the Tales game? I think that one has co-op too, right?

It has coop in combat, your friends can use the party members.

As for the game itself, really, really goddamn good, probably the best JRPG I've played in years, it only has one cliche character and the story really surprises you with some of its twists.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo SC:Blacklist is better than I thought it would be, 4 tries to do one of Grim's missions because I severely underestimated the guard A.I, I was not expecting them to keep track of poo poo like lights or open doors.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is the shooting solid at least?

I mean whenever goons talk about that 50 cent game is just boils down to "it has a swear button :iamafag:".

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZeeBoi posted:

Next backlog game: Resident Evil 6

Wanna coop it?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have 0 problems with DI being the free game, I love that poo poo. :woop:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Welp, guess the DI thread I had made got tossed to archives. :confused:

And I prefer Xian, she gets stupidly strong at later levels, like kill a ram in 2 hits strong.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Blue Dragon should be in the RPG list.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZeeBoi posted:

Fine, goddammit. You spergs are never happy.

Hey man you're the man that wanted to make a big list. :v:

Edit: Have everyone submit a pastebin with their pics and reasons and just post the links in the OP.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 1, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you mean campaign wise they're all good, but the best overall campaign belongs to ODST I feel.

But really, H3, H1 Anniversary and 4 won't cost you more than 30 bucks if you want more Halo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's probably the best way to describe ODST, 90% of the voice is all firefly alumnus.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Good choice on Xian, DPS wise she's the strongest character in the game.

And yea, an absurd number of people use Logan, maybe I'll join you later, always did like DI. Though I wanna start a Sam B, never used him.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZeeBoi posted:

I have decided to abandon Arkham Origins. Recently, the developer announced they're concentrating on story DLC instead of fixing bugs that still exist.

gently caress that noise.

I knew that franchise was gonna go to poo poo once they took it out of Rocksteady's hands.

I seriously hope that DLC doesn't sell.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Glad it worked, would have sent you mine if it hadn't.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nibbles141 posted:

Anyone play Splinter Cell: Blacklist? Thinking about going through it, just heard it sold like poo poo. Liked the last one though.

If not that, maybe Need for Speed: Rivals.

It didn't sell like poo poo, it failed to meet it sales target but it did ok.

From my time with the game, I ended up enjoying it quite a bit, surprising since I went in with the lowest possible expectations, but the stealth is super solid and you're a much better fighter now if poo poo hits the fan. I also like the customization aspect and the game gives you missions where both going loud and going stealthy is needed, so you can prepare load-outs for any situation.

If do get into it, please let me know if you're interesting in doing coop, there's an entire coop campaign as well as a set of coop only missions during Sam's campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if I should buy one of those games or wait for the next crop of sales.

• Locked thread