Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Sale starts today:

Persistent Week-long Offers (26, Nov. – 2, Dec.)

The Bureau XCOM Declassified GonD 67%
Deadpool GonD 40%
God Mode XBLA 50%
Skyrim GOND 50%
Skyrim: Dragonborn Add-on 50%
Skyrim: Dawnguard Add-on 50%
Fallout 3 GOND 50%
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta Add-on 66%
Fallout 3: Point Lookout Add-on 66%
Fallout 3: The Pitt Add-on 66%
Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage Add-on 66%
Fallout 3: Broken Steel Add-on 66%
Wolfenstein 3D XBLA 75%
The Cave XBLA 75%
Rockstar Table Tennis GonD 66%
Tomb Raider GonD 50%
Sleeping Dogs GonD 38%
Mark of the Ninja XBLA 66%
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition Add-on 66%
Runner 2 XBLA 50%
Sacred Citadel XBLA 50%
Deadblock XBLA 75%
Motocross Madness XBLA 75%
Dust XBLA 66%
AMY XBLA 50%
Metro Last Light GonD 50%
Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords XBLA 70%
Puzzle Quest Galatix XBLA 57%

Black Friday 1-Day Offers (29, Nov. only)

Diablo III (US, CA & MX only) GonD 33%
WWE 2K14 GonD GonD 33%
WWE 2K14 Accelerator DLC Add-on 50%
Halo 4 Champions Bundle Add-on 50%
Rayman Legends GonD 50%
Magic 2014 XBLA 50%
Spider-Man: Edge of Time GonD 67%
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe GonD 67%
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions GonD 67%
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows GonD 67%
X-Men: Destiny GonD 50%
X-Men: Origins Wolverine GonD 67%
X-Men: The Official Game GonD 67%
Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisien GonD 66%
Onechanbara GonD 80%

Cyber Monday 1-Day Offers (2, Dec. Only)

Far Cry Blood Dragon XBLA 75%
Red Dead Redemption GonD 75%
The Witcher 2 GOND 75%
Dark Souls GOND 75%
BattleBlock Theater XBLA 67%
Rayman Origins GonD 50%
L.A. Noire GonD 75%
Fast and Furious: Showdown GonD 75%
Men in Black: Alien Crisis GonD 75%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

So what games are still coming for 360 and won't be coming to the One? I know I need to keep it handy for Dark Souls 2, but is there anything else?

Wasn't there quite a rumour that Dark Souls 2 would be released on the xbone/ps4 anyway?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I had a look on Shopto.net's upcoming releases, and there's still quite a few really good games coming out for the 360 - http://www.shopto.net/product/search/platform/xbox%20360/menu/coming%20soon

It looks like support for the 360 just drops off in March, unless any new games are announced by then. :pwn:

Saying that, I bought my Xbone, and after completing Dead Rising 3, there's not much else I want to do with it. I got FIFA in the box and a free copy of Killer Instinct, but I've still got a decent backlog of 360 games to complete. :negative:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

welcome posted:

How is the 360 port of The Witcher 2? I seem to remember hearing about technical problems but it may have been my imagination.

A lot of the men don't seem to wear any trousers.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Haha. That's worse than the coke bottles with people's names on for free advertising.

Also, happy birthday. :waycool:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Mass Effect 3 and Fallout 3/New Vegas are the first few games I remember having great sound design after Dead Space.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The sale isn't as good as it has been in previous years but it's still in its first day. Hopefully there are a few daily deals that are great and not just fallout 3 dlc half price again.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I hope tomorrow's sale is less controversial. :sweatdrop:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

There is a minigame involving oogling women while they're not looking. The more you stare at their tits and rear end, the higher your score gets. You get special sunglasses that look through their clothing and also makes it easier to raise your score. Do it well enough without getting caught (and while giving them presents) and you sleep with them. Do this well enough and you get a trophy which says "Made (x) your prisoner in body and soul."

Sold.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I sold Sleeping Dogs on eBay for £13 just before Christmas. :getin:

Did arkham origins get pathed to not corrupt saves? I'd be interested in the season pass but I'm still mad at losing about eight hours of progress.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

owl_pellet posted:

Piss. I was really hoping the Mass Effect 3 DLC was going to go on sale one of the days. Ah well, between my backlog and the stuff I picked up in the countdown I'll have more than enough to keep me busy for a good while.

What did everyone buy in the sales? I got Hitman: Absolution because I heard it was an ok game but a bad Hitman game, which is fine because I don't really have a ton of experience with the series. I also got Brothers, which I just played through last night and it was great. I downloaded the first episode of The Wolf Among Us when it was free and bought the season pass the next day, but I won't play it until all the episodes are out. I did that with The Walking Dead season one and I think that's the best way for me to play those games. It would suck to wait months in between episodes.

I ended up buying spleunky and the metro season pass. Two games I've been debating whether to buy for a while, so I'm glad they came up.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I've been playing Lego Marvel co-op with my girlfriend. All other Lego games have really annoyed us when trying to collect everything and we eventually just gave up around 60% completion. Marvel has us hooked, and we're at the point of fighting between each other any time a new icon shows up on the map.

Plus I play as Howard the Duck or A Bomb on every free play level.

My only (weird) complaint about the game is how convenient it is to play as Iron Man since he can do so much. Game gives you about 90 characters and everything comes down to Iron Man.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Play Metro Last Light.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Did anyone like Halo 4? It's got confusing levels and bad typography. The story is baffling as well. I've also run into a few sections where levels fail to load and I have to restart the whole level.

I bought it launch but just haven't enjoyed anything about it.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I complete Halo 4. That boss fight at the end. :stare:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I enjoyed DMC much more than Metal Gear Rising :smith:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I'm almost certain Mass Effect 2 stole 50 Cent's bullet time as well. It feels like someone at Bioware played it and thought "we need Shepard doing this".

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

It's about two hours long and has a micro transaction system. Very much a mobile game ported over. It's all right but I've played it and don't own it.

E: I played it on the bone, but I doubt it's any better than the 360 version apart from being able to get 1000 gs from it.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

I feel like I need a Star Wars game to go with my R2D2 360, are the Force Unleashed games any good?

Nope.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

For some reason, I got 1000 gs for Divinity II. :stare:

I bought the remix last year when it was on sale, but all those bad memories were too soon.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

flatluigi posted:

Anyone else still actively messing around with TrueAchievements? I'd love some more people for my friends list on it and I don't really just want to go add random people from the SA leaderboard. Here's my page.

Laughed at Buff Beethbroth and Pissboy Spastic.

If you mean actual friends list, you can add me but I still don't really understand true achievements. My gamer tag is the one about a dog with a picture of a cat (and I'm in 14th place).

There are a lot of people with over 100,000 gs now.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Thanks for joining, DI's a lot more fun than I originally thought it would be.

Apparently the developres for Dead Island are making an announcement tomorrow involving Dying Light, which (from what I've seen) looks to be mixing a bit of Mirror's Edge/Brink with the open-world FPS zombie survival stuff from Dead Island.

Frankly, it looks like it could be rad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoY5X23KF5s

Not sure how combining three bad games makes one good game.

It looks great on the ps4 from what I saw of it though.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I completed Dead Space Awakening today, and it was totally pointless. I'd love to see a next gen Dead Space but EA need to sell their rights before that happens.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I've had Red Faction Armageddon sitting on the shelf for about two years, so decided to play through it.

It's weird because everything is there to make it a really good game, but it just isn't. Presentation and graphics are good, nice weapons, story is standard but followable. The gameplay is good, but there's something missing. Probably just because you can't run around blowing skyscrapers up like in the previous game.

That game engine really needs to hit the Xbone though.

Houdini fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 21, 2014

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Cleared another game off my backlog. Shadows of the Damned. Leaving nearly three years between chapter 3 and 4 made it quite fun to complete.

Next I'm going for lollipop chainsaw or Xcom.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Loaded Lollipop Chainsaw after about two years of leaving it and from the looks of it, I got as far as getting an achievement for looking up the main character's skirt. :stare:

I remember it having really bad checkpoints that managed to reset the entire level when I last played it, so I hope it's a pretty short game that I can get through by the end of the week.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I found saints row 4 lost its charm after an hour or so in to the main game and I ended up selling it about a third of the way in. It just made me want a new Crackdown game. :colbert:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Man I'm watching the Defiance gameplay trailer on the dashboard and good lord does it look like a copy-paste of Halo. Half of the weapons are nearly identical in appearance to poo poo from Halo - the "Hive Knights" are using covenant carbines, for instance..

It's a terrible game. Is it going free to play?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I bought colonial marines and got to human enemies before giving up for good. I wanted to see how bad it was but I didn't expect it to be that bad. Especially after playing wolfenstein on the bone.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

So many street fighter newbies seem to think it's okay to jump against Blanka. :getin:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I didn't really like Vanquish at first, so I'm giving it another chance with it being on sale. Wish I could say the same about Bayonetta.

I did notice Alpha Protocol on there. :getin:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Relalised you can't buy Viking in the UK. I would definitely buy and complete it properly if I could. Must be a licensing thing.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Is payday 2 worth £7?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I liked the trials dlc as well. It was fun to mess around with the mechanics and actually kill people with all the weapons and gadgets you're given that I didn't use in the main game.

Now I will replay it and just kill everyone I can. I missed out on the no kills achievement on my first play though because I used a dog to cushion my fall. They do count as an enemy kill.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Having been used to xbone games for a while, I gave alpha protocol a go a few weeks and it's abysmal. I did finally appreciate mike Thornton with a goatee and backwards baseball cap this time though.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

There's another rockstar sale. Didn't buy max Payne 3 for 75% off last month? Today is your lucky day. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I can't really remember if 3 was any good. I replayed the first two games a lot, and really got stuck in to the multiplayer. But from the third game and Judgement, I played them once and left it at that.

I was thinking of replaying 3, but if I do, I just know it'll be announced as a HD 1080/60fps etc remake for the Xbone.

• Locked thread