Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Darth Walrus posted:

Fair enough. Where's a good place to jump into that series, then?

The two most recent are the best by far. If you're like me and haven't watched wrestling in like a decade and a half, the newest one 2k14 will be right for you, it has the most classic wrestlers from 80s/90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How is the Mark of the Ninja DLC? I just bought the whole package, because the DLC was like a buck fifty, but I'm surprised to see there's like nothing written about it anywhere.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Shoot Many Robots is a loving great game that not enough people played, so that's a great pick. Imagine Contra with Hillbillies and you're pretty much there.

I think it has online co-op too!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mental Midget posted:

I'm really cleaning up with Amazon on 360 games this year. I've spent about $100 so far and am getting these games delivered tomorrow - haven't played a single one of them yet. Time to clear the backlog!

Transformers Fall of Cybertron
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Red Dead Redemption GOTY
Dark Souls (already own this on PC but want to try the console experience)
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
GTA 5

Who needs next Gen, I got some drat games I need to play!

Red Dead Redemption is my choice for game of this generation. It's just perfect in pretty much every way.

I love westerns though, so finally getting the ideal western game really hit me hard.

Edit: and now what I came here to post. Has Tell Tale given any updates on the schedule of Wolf Among Us? Episode 1 was so great, can't wait for the rest to drop. The music and art style in that game is fantastic.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 29, 2013

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
For gently caress's sake! Those are both decent games, but it seems like they're targeting the free games with gold to whatever I happen to already own. And I don't even own very many Xbox games!

Either way, save yourself some trouble and quit Dead Island after you reach the third area. The first two are great, awesome fun. The rest of the game is a snore.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Will my enjoyment or understanding of Metro: Last Light be impeded in any way if I jump straight in to this one without playing Metro 2033?

Or is it basically standalone.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oh sweet, I've been meaning to try a Tropico game forever; Tropico 4 is on sale tomorrow.

That's supposed to be a good one, right?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This week's sales: a bunch of old Call of Duty poo poo, hooray

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm jumping straight from Assassin's Creed II to Black Flag. I should be fine if I just read the plot summaries on Wikipedia for the others right?

Oh and I don't mean like literally going from playing II in to playing Black Flag. I beat II a few years ago and lost interest during Brotherhood.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
If you have even a passing interest in westerns, pick up Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Great game, unbeatable value at that price. I paid full for it an got more than my money's worth.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

foobar posted:

Will I like it even though I don't watch Walking Dead? I don't have anything against the show, just never picked it up.

It has nothing to do with the show. It's set in the same universe as the comic book series, but even that is tangential.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I really feel like Shadow Complex is going to be a free Games with Gold title in the next few months. It has the right combination of good game + pretty old. They've done a lot of arcade titles recently too.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think the actual story in Mexico is the worst, but the scenery, side stuff and music there is phenomenal.

I always liked the analysis that the three different areas in Red Dead Redemption represent three distinct types of western film:

Armadillo represents the classic John Wayne / 1950s western. Think High Noon or The Searchers.

Mexico represents the spaghetti western. This is particularly apparent with the music. Think Good, the Bad and the Ugly or Duck, You Sucker!

Tall Trees represents the grim revisionist westerns of the 1970s and 2000s. Think the Wild Bunch or Unforgiven.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The birthday cake gift is the best thing, because everyone was like "Wow, .25 cents is the most insulting thing. I literally can't imagine a bigger slap I the face."

Then Microsoft took away the .25 cents and gave you the gift of providing them free advertising. It's so insulting that it loops back around to being hilarious.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Poison Jam posted:

I hope this is the right thread but my mate just asked me if there's any site he can buy MS points instantly?

Amazon still sells them. Look for the ones marked "Online Game Code". You get the code immediately.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

KennyMan666 posted:

Well then, beat Saints Row the Third, pretty much 100%, think I might have one collectible left? Took a bit over 30 hours.

Really fun game. From the screenshots I assume what SRIV does is take the increasing degrees of ridiculousness that happened in the final missions of SR3 and dial it up even more.

But first SR2, guess I'll play that as a prequel!

SRIV is definitely fun and worth the sale price. But you have to temper your expectations and understand that is a glorified expansion pack for SRIII.

That and the super powers, as awesome as they are, are almost a detriment because they make cars totally useless and this remove one of the most fun customization elements from the game.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 11, 2014

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

senae posted:

I love that the most common complaint against Saint's Row IV was that it made moving around the city too fun and it was hard to downgrade to the (still fun) vehicle transportation.

That's not really what he said. It isn't fun vs. not fun, it's just when one option is 100x faster you're going to take that regardless of how fun it is.

If anything SRIV's weird "glide REALLY awkwardly over a long distance" is less fun than driving a car or VTOL. I really wish they had come up with a new "flying" animation rather than just re-using the skydiving one.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Uh, no they aren't. The most common pay cycle is a given day of the week, every 1 or 2 weeks with no resetting the clock if a month starts halfway into a week or whatever.

Both of those pay cycles are incredibly common. Getting paid every 1st and 15th vs. every 2 weeks. I have had both cycles numerous times.

And don't be dense, if you get paid every 15th and 30th, and the 30th falls on a Sunday it just defaults to the nearest business day.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Then what the gently caress does "resetting the clock" mean? I'm saying both payroll cycles are common the U.S.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Speaking of, I just checked out Wolfenstein: The New Order and it's four discs??!! That's crazy! It didn't come with the instructions, am I supposed to install some of the discs first like GTAV? Or is it just sequential?

Edit: Found some forums online saying it is like GTAV, where I should let the first disc install and then play from the disk drive from there so it can load from two different sources. That blows, I'm over-paranoid about the disc drive wearing out.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 19, 2014

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I know this has come up recently, but Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are the only DLCs worth getting for Dishonored right?

Got the game for free, might as well pick up the half price stuff.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah that's nuts. $3.75 is more than worth the nostalgia trip.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

coyo7e posted:

Counterpoint, Blood Dragon is a purple washed self smug pile of fourth wall breaking and pop culture referential garbage. It is the Family Guy , except nothing but Peter laughing at the player. That includes the tutorial.

Yeah but the soundtrack and visuals rule. I agree that the plot is way too self aware (it would have been funnier if it just played it 100% straight). But that being said the actual gameplay is fun, the VHS filter is cool and they really nailed the music.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Whoa sweet, I had just rented Witcher 2 from the library and thought it was awesome. Had to take it back because I could tell it wasn't a "beat in a week" kind of thing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Akuma posted:

It's also a lovely game :(

Oh really? That's a bummer. For some reason I thought it had gotten pretty good reviews. Maybe that was just the wii u version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Dead Space wasn't the type of thing that needed to be a franchise, and I wish that instead the same team could have made a thematically similar game in a completely different setting.

• Locked thread