Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm doing the same, just trying to slowly work through my backlog. What's been helping me the most is that TrueAchievements has recently added a 'winstreak' feature (try to get at least one achievement every day for X amount of days) and it's been a really good push to keep me cleaning stuff out. So far I'm 22 days in :toot:

If anyone else is using the site, don't forget to join the SA leaderboard we've got going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blast Fantasto posted:

How is the Mark of the Ninja DLC? I just bought the whole package, because the DLC was like a buck fifty, but I'm surprised to see there's like nothing written about it anywhere.

It's really short but it also adds developer commentary and some neat alternate items and abilities that you can use in the main game too.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Aphrodite posted:

Dude, have you seen Zoo Tycoon?

If I recall correctly, it's going to get both a 360 and a PC version. That's hearsay from the Giant Bomb chat, though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Asking over here, too: Just picked up GTAV from Amazon's deal - any missable stuff I should know? I already know that I have to pick Option C at the ending otherwise I'm locked out of things, but is there any more?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/promotion/black-friday-xbox-360-cyber-monday

Any thoughts on these games? I already own the obvious ones to pick up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I picked it up for $1 ages back and I'm still wary to touch it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Anyone pick up Clash of Heroes when it was free and want to play multiplayer at some point? All I've got left in it are the achievements for winning a 1v1 and a 2v2 match which wouldn't be hard if everyone left playing it wasn't loving hardcore at it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I just got a dashboard update, anyone know what it's about?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 are going to be delisted from the store soon.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Chick3n posted:

Major Nelson posted some info on the upcoming sales. There'll be new daily deals every day until 2014 and there's also some weekly deals that lasts until December 23. Sales start tomorrow.

Daily

Weekly

http://majornelson.com/2013/12/16/countdown-to-2014-deals-start-tuesday/

Note that the Marvel vs Capcom games are getting delisted from the store over the next few days, so if you've ever been interested in them you absolutely should jump on this sale for them.

Seeing other Marvel games on that sale list is making me wonder if those are getting taken down too, though. What on that list is worth picking up?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If you like 3D fighters then Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is your best shot.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lightning Knight posted:

Why are all those games being delisted? Is it a problem on Marvel's end or Capcom's?

I don't know why the Marvel vs Capcom games are getting delisted, just that they are. Here's the blog post about it.

I don't know if the other games are getting delisted or if they're just taking the opportunity to do a big sale on Marvel games.

Aphrodite posted:

Marvel signed a publishing deal with Gazillion.
That happened in 2009 and was for MMO games. MVC3 and UMVC3 came out in 2011.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CzarChasm posted:

The last Mortal Kombat game is great if you ever liked that series, can probably get the Komplete Kollection (all DLC characters, costumes, stages, etc.) for $20 or less.

By the same team, if you like DC Comics there's Injustice, which just had the GOTY edition come out in the last month. GOTY is going for $40-$50 right now, vanilla is probably closer to $20-$30. Story is surprisingly good.

I'd think if someone likes Tekken but disliked Street Fighter they absolutely wouldn't like MK/Injustice since they're even farther away from how Tekken plays.

(plus they're not very good at all)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MZ posted:

What was the consensus on Tony Hawk HD? I remember it getting a bit of a mixed reception on launch.....

If you have nostalgia for the older games you should just dig them up and play them. There's very few of the original levels and music in the game, the physics seem really off, and it just all around looks pretty awful.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I really really enjoy Forza Horizon. It's a lot less in-depth tuning wise if you're used to other Forza games, but it's not something I'm into and it's pretty much completely ignorable in Horizon.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If you have the XBLA versions of Banjo-Kazooie and/or Banjo-Tooie, there's stuff you can unlock in N&B from doing things in them.

Past that, not much. Boggy the Polar Bear can train you so you can get faster runspeed and stuff like that which is useful to prioritize picking up, I think.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's one of the very very few things Microsoft has over the PS+ program.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Dead Island is soooooooooooooooooo repetitive, so if you like your zombie killing to lack variation then you'll love it.

Yeah, I tried a little on PC and I'm not even going to bother downloading it. What a terrible game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Anyone else still actively messing around with TrueAchievements? I'd love some more people for my friends list on it and I don't really just want to go add random people from the SA leaderboard. Here's my page.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Decently big sale: http://majornelson.com/2014/02/17/xbox-360-ultimate-games-sale/

Most of it's poo poo I already own or have no interest in, though. I'll probably finally pick up Asura's Wrath at that price maybe.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Have Kinects gotten really cheap yet? I've always wanted to gently caress around with one but I'd bet money my room would be too small to really use it well and I'm too poor to gamble on full price.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Bejeweled 3 is a buck and y'all should get it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What I've heard about it is that it has lots of potential that isn't really followed through on, area design is incredibly same-y and unvaried,and the combat is incredibly easy and devolves to 'get in enemy face + mash sword button.' If you haven't played Shadow Complex yet (or haven't in a long while), go play that instead.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The Cave is awful and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed every single other Double Fine game. It was Ron Gilbert's baby from before he even put out Maniac Mansion and it shows really hard. Good thing he left the company after making GBS threads it out, I'd hate to have seen Broken Age with his input.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh hey, TA has an actual sales hub: http://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-sales.aspx

That's super useful, wonder how long they've had it?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Goddamnit, Dirt 3 has YouTube integration except it's so old that Google started setting off alarm bells about suspicious activity from the Netherlands when I tried to log in through it. :argh:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh hey, another completely terrible rewards idea!

This might not be too awful if it goes retroactive, but right now it absolutely isn't and I doubt it will given every other rewards incentive.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

:bravo:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
There are no microtransactions in the game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/21/5433264/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-launching-without-microtransactions

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's a multiplayer-only game, so I imagine they'll decide to add in microtransactions and/or go free to play eventually whenever the time is right.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's really relaxing as a watered down Civ game with a lot less complexity to juggle in your head. As someone who played a shitload of 4 and 5 it's a neat, cute take on it and something I've already sunk a bunch of hours in. It's a good pick for a free game, but I 100% understand if people feel like it should have been more complicated.

It's too bad the weekly bundle sale on Civ 5 has passed, that was a hell of a good deal and I would've recommended it to anyone who got the itch for a bigger game from it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I haven't seen a review that's said it's a good game yet. I've seen a lot of ones that say it's extremely faithful to the art style and humor of the show though, for all that's worth.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure we've still got another few years before people will stop giving awards to games for silly reasons like "racist stereotypes" and "gross awful writing"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Marvel vs Capcom 3 never getting a PC port.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Took the first one, thanks!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

OldMemes posted:

Since it's the free gold weekend, I thought I'd try and get some achievements.

I need help with the "spreading the disease" one in Deadlight.

You need to be friends with someone who also has the game.

If anyone has Deadlight, could you please send me a friend request? My GT is the same as my username, OldMemes. Any help would be most appreciated! :):

A trick with a lot of those is to have a second profile on your account. I'm pretty sure I got that one in Deadlight that way.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Deadlight's a piece of poo poo and one of the few games I actively regret buying. Picture Limbo, but remove any interesting theme or art style (you know, the only reason why Limbo was any good to begin with) and add guns and zombies. But keep the extremely disappointing ending.

Hitman Absolution I bought on PC and never ended up playing since I'm still working through Blood Money in fits and starts, but after the backlash of it not being as good as BM died down the general thought about it was that it was okay.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I want one of the older Forza games to be a GWG freebie so I can finally get the drat veteran cars in Horizon.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

univbee posted:

Forza Horizons is the only Forza game that's even digitally downloadable at all on 360. There's basically no hope of those games ever coming as GWG. Having said that, there's probably a decent chance your library has them for free, or a secondhand game shop wanting literal pennies for it.

univbee posted:

Forza Horizons is the only Forza game that's even digitally downloadable at all on 360. There's basically no hope of those games ever coming as GWG. Having said that, there's probably a decent chance your library has them for free, or a secondhand game shop wanting literal pennies for it.

Every time I've looked for Forza 3 or 4 on Amazon or in Gamestop they've been $15-20+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Neo Helbeast posted:

1) Dragon's Dogma is ugly as hell in the texture department 2) it is wildly awesome.

I think you missed the HD texture pack download.

• Locked thread