Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
I waited a good year before getting a 360 since its release and it was GTA4 that prompted me to do it. Be the same this time around, although probably a PS4 the way things are looking, although not sure what the game will be that really screams upgrade time. Probably Fallout 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

codenameFANGIO posted:

Somebody please explain to me what the hell I am supposed to be doing in duels so I can finish this goddamn game. Any duels I have finished previously have been by total accident.

Right stick use to keep on the person, left stick keep over your gun. You can draw early but lose xp, otherwise wait for them to make a move. You can sway left and right with the left stick after drawing, and in the later duels you will have to do this and dodge the first and maybe second shot.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Has the season pass/content from Assassin's Creed 3 been on sale at all yet?

Went back to finish off 3 before I get 4, and it's still pretty buggy. I know four is getting a lot more praise then three did, but is it as buggy?

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

In Borderlands 2 GOTY are the DLC on disk or are they download tokens?

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

You can install the second disk to a memory stick, but you don't want both disks installed in the same place. Game would still work but you'd probably have a lot more drop ins and other poor performance issues.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I liked Eternal Sonata, if you enjoy JRPG's then you'll certainly get your money's worth for $4.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Been playing Arkham Origins and enjoying it. Might have missed some of the trouble getting it post patch, but seems pretty solid so far. Can understand people talking down on it though, as it's pretty much Arkham City with a different storyline.

Am I missing something though or are there no global leaderboards for the challenges? Can only see friends scores.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Be careful if you're buying the trials stuff at the moment. Looking at the DLC packs it appears that the link from the sale is to the picture packs, not the actual DLC.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Is there some must have DLC's for Sleeping Dogs? I remember people saying there's one or two you should definitely get before starting the game.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Didn't Mass Effect have some kind of comic you could download to make the decision to carry them over, or am I thinking of another game?

Anyone playing Rayman Legends and having problems with the challenges servers?

It'll have new challenges up but when I go into them it'll load the old challenges have be counting down till about six hours later from when they've switched in the main hub.

The servers have never been great, but last couple weeks really been playing up.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

ZeeBoi posted:

Does anybody recommend those freek analog stick mods for casual gaming that doesn't include online FPS?

I use them on both sticks for everything. The whole idea is you can do more subtle movements with them, but personally it just feels more comfortable having my thumbs higher.

owl_pellet posted:

loving piece of poo poo Hitman: Absolution. I beat the game then was going to go back and do some more challenges and things for achievements and the goddamn thing hard locks on me while autosaving my game and corrupted it. When I loaded the game again it recovered some of the things I had unlocked in the safe house (weapons, disguises, etc.) but my level progress, challenges, and play styles progress were all wiped out.

I guess I should consider myself lucky though given that this is my first corrupted save game in almost four and a half years on the 360. Still sucks when it happens though.

I've taken to copying a save file to the cloud or a usb for whatever game I'm playing. Only pays of a couple of times, but with the amount of time you end up dumping into stuff it's just insurance.

Neo Helbeast posted:

I really like all the freezes in Arkham Origins. It's a really creative way of making sure you know the level layouts and what the fastest way to clear a room is.

Just finished it and didn't come across any freezes, few bugs though. Did anyone play it before it was patched? Was it worse? Makes you appreciate how polished the previous games were. It didn't happen much, but I'd have guys getting up from takedowns and then been untouchable but stopping the level completing, or little things in combat like button presses not registering, or attacks going to the one enemy in a group that is immune to them.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Also if achievements are your thing there are two unobtainable ones in Darksiders 2 since servers have been down.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

There's a glitch if it hasn't been patched where you look at a car you're missing in the gallery, then reload a certain mission and that car will be parked in the car-park across the street from the police station. Can't remember what mission it was, but it was on disk 2.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

flatluigi posted:

Anyone else still actively messing around with TrueAchievements? I'd love some more people for my friends list on it and I don't really just want to go add random people from the SA leaderboard. Here's my page.

Yikes, I'm #6

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Anyone play Splinter Cell: Blacklist? Thinking about going through it, just heard it sold like poo poo. Liked the last one though.

If not that, maybe Need for Speed: Rivals.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Same here. Drift on the left stick and the battery housing is loose so the controller turns off if I move it the wrong way, but d-pad still going strong and the circle has been retracted since the day I bought it.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Need to renew and forgotten, Xbox live you can buy from anywhere, it's only points cards that are region locked right?

If so, where's the cheapest golds these days?

Edit: Cheapest in Australian dollars, I should say.

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 19, 2014

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Thanks. No luck with Microsoft, credit card needs to be US. Will try the others.

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Feb 19, 2014

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I never experienced what Radnet was like as I had played, finished with 1000g and traded the game in what was I think a good month before the first lot of content was set to unlock.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

ZeeBoi posted:

If a credit card was used for a currently active subscription you can't turn off auto renew, I think.

Na, you can turn off auto renew, it's if a credit card was used to purchase gold you cannot remove it and auto renew is enabled by default. So you have to turn off auto renew before you can remove the card.

The option should be there on the subscriptions page, although from memory it might be buried in there. Pretty sure everyone can remove it now (it used to be only regions with the relevant consumer protection laws) so if you cannot see the option you're probably on the wrong page.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Episode Pack IV is the endings. Lost episode 1 and 2 are fights against Street Fighter characters. If you care about Street Fighter or achievements I guess. I can't even remember what episode 11.5 and 15.5 gave you so it can't have been that great.

But yeah, just pack IV is the new ending.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

There's a heavy advantage to defensive units too so it's a good idea to get a few in your cities as then the only thing you have to worry about is higher tech units or a good 4-5 units to launch multiple attacks.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

One thing I would have liked is the ability to ignore a city or get rid of them. Going for takeover victories you can end up with a chunk of them and turns take longer as you bounce around each one.

Or the AI builds right near one of your cities and you take it over but it's left sitting there. :qq: my aesthetics :qq:

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It isn't region locked.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Yeah, I think it's a lottery over what is geo-checked and what isn't. You'd probably have to wait a few weeks until someone discovers its status.

Gnack posted:

Do you have a source for this? I can't find a clear answer either way, and I don't want to go to the hassle and expense of importing a copy if it doesn't work.

Looked it up on Play Asia. They list the versions and whether or not they are region locked. Been awhile since I've bought from overseas, so not sure if they're still the best deal.

I think it's only US and maybe Asian copies you have to worry about region locking. PAL versions should be ok. I think New Zealand is the closest place to order from to dodge censored copies.

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Mar 5, 2014

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

From memory there's a box you check after doing it saying don't ask me again. Failing that if you go to settings -> Profile -> Account Security you should be able to do it there.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Absolution had on online pass for the contracts mode, anyone know if that's included with the GWG edition?

I enjoyed Absolution but my biggest problem with the game was the way the AI would identify you regardless from any line of sight, no matter the distance.

They'd also spot you when you're wearing a mask :stare:

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Aphrodite posted:

If the disguise you're wearing isn't supposed to be somewhere (Gardener in the kitchen, Chef in a bedroom etc.) they get suspicious.

I went to the trouble of jacking a SWAT guys uniform, complete with mask, only to be spotted from across the room when I walked into the cops room where the SWAT guy had previously been hanging out :(

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

So Trials Fusion is a little underwhelming. Finished most tracks and feels like it lacks the creativity that was in Evolution. If it had been a $20 DLC for Evolution, I'd have enjoyed it more. A $30 stand alone though (and another $30 if you buy the season pass) it feels pretty flat.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Yep, that will work. You can also shift it with a USB. It's been years since I used the transfer kit but I'm pretty sure you have to relicence everything too.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

99% of games you can transfer the save. I think I've only had one game that wouldn't let me copy a save (like to back them up), can't remember what it was though, XBL game from memory.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Would have bought Dark Souls the other day but no copies in store. Great timing for me.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Multiplayer achievements are the worst. Doubly so when so many games axe their servers so it's not even possible to get them any more.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Yeah, if you play a game post-dlc your card is automatically updated.

If you're a real achievement dork then get on True Achievements and you can play with your stats a lot more, including discounting dlc.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

One of the Fight Night games had achievements for holding an online belt which of course got locked down and people were charging money for you to get it. I think the True Achievements community ended up getting a hold of one or all of them but you have to be a special member or something to get it.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Personally I rarely buy a game day one unless I'm super excited for it as you generally pay to be in a beta test. You're better off waiting a couple of weeks when the patch comes for the inevitable issues.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

owl_pellet posted:

I traded in my physical copy of Dark Souls yesterday in anticipation of the June GwG and surprisingly Gamestop gave me almost $10 for it. Some of it had to do with a trade in promotion they have going on until tomorrow though - I got an extra $2 because I was picking up Watch Dogs at the same time.

Here in Australia I was keeping an eye out for a copy of Dark Souls before hearing about GwG and didn't see a copy anywhere. One shop said they had a bit of a rush before Dark Souls 2 came out and I guess they didn't bother to restock.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Thing that has always annoyed me about GTA games is the chase missions and you have no idea if you're supposed to try and stop the car or if it's scripted and you have to stay with it till you get to the destination.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Cloud doesn't auto sync does it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I don't have the game but what does the second disc say? Install disk or something like that? You're good if it's that, if it requires two separate streaming points they're usually pretty clear.

Do it anyway, if you notice lots of drop in and stuff like that you'll know.

• Locked thread