Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Double Fine is rereleasing Psychonauts, Costume Quest, and Stacking on disc at retail next year: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130022-Double-Fine-Reclaims-Costume-Quest-and-Stacking

Escapist posted:

"I am pleased that we have regained full control over Costume Quest and Stacking, following a daring and top-secret midnight raid on the Nordic Games headquarters in Vienna," Schafer said in a statement. Terms of the deal weren't revealed, but Nordic CEO Lars Wingefors suggested that it was in fact an amicable arrangement. "I feel compelled to point out that we were happy to transfer distribution rights for Costume Quest and Stacking back to Double Fine in an entirely non-secretive and heist-free manner," he said.

With the two games back in Double Fine's hands, the studio is joining with Nordic for a retail release of both, as well as the cult classic Psychonauts, planned for the first half of 2014. It will be the first non-digital release for both Costume Quest and Stacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Lord Wexia posted:

Seriously if you haven't played the first Gears, you should definitely try it out. The campaign is decently fun and even more so with a co-op buddy. If you have a gang of 8, it is my favorite multiplayer of this generation.

Maybe there will be enough people to pick it up for a retro play! I'll see you at the museum with my boomshot.

I played through it relatively recently and it while still a blast to play has not aged well graphically at all. Also that krill mission with the UV tank was worse then I remembered. Multiplayer is still where it's at though.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

weaaddar posted:

Yeah Halo wars was actually really fun, but I picked it up after it died down. It would've been nice to try my hand on line with the game. Elephant :zerg:

All multiplayer matches boiled down to either spam the super hornets with anders or base rush with brutes. Even after all the nerf patches those were still the predominant strategies.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Funkmaster General posted:

So what games are still coming for 360 and won't be coming to the One? I know I need to keep it handy for Dark Souls 2, but is there anything else?

I've got three words and a number for you, Earth Defense Force 2025.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I hopped onto Gears of War Multi last night to get a taste of what it's still like for when it comes out on GWG. I thought I'd give a quick bullet point of my matches last night, Spoilers: Whatever is left of the community is atrocious.

My first 3 matches were in ranked and they went actually okay. No glitching, no out of bounds, and no rage quitting. I played fairly terrible in these so I decided to switch to unranked to get some practice in. First match, I chainsawed a guy hiding behind a wall trying to snipe. Got Booted. Second match I joined, I beat down the host and got booted. Third match I joined, I sniped a player and got booted. Repeat this for another 3 matches. So I switched back to rank; where I couldn't be booted. My first ranked match was okay until the last round where on bullet marsh the entire enemy team got off the map trying to stall, we wouldn't even have won if one of their players hadn't accidentally walked into the krill and they all went to save him. Repeat this for my second match on tyro station except torque bows won the match. My last for the night was a 45 minute, first to five, on Fuel Depot because the entire enemy started doing the roadie run glitch and the entire match boiled to glitch wars just to finish the drat match, I was legit angry at videogames afterwards. Now I really doubt when it goes free that the new players will no how to do all of these glitches but they're still really bad glitches that really need to be patched out.

That said I did have a lot of fun in those matches that did go well.

Roadie Run glitch for those who don't know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nit04wI8U8

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I literally thought I was going to die laughing when the bots started to run off cliffs to thier death. When I get done with my sister I gotta work on getting that footage up on YouTube.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Wendigo, here are your highlights :byodood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTe6a-O_VA

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Temascos posted:

Planning my Xbox 360 purchase down the line, got a basic list of what I want to get but since I play multiplats on PS3 (Except for ports I've heard are terribad like Skyrim and Fallout which I will most certainly try) is this list up to scratch if I wanna make the most out of it?

Gears Of War (1 through to Judgement in order of release)
Halo (Never played the series before, are 1 and 2 available on 360?)
Forza Horizon or 4 (Or will both be good to get, don't want the games to be too similar)
Fable series
Viva Pinata
Kameo: Elements Of Power
Skyrim
Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Crackdown

Is this a good list to get the most out of a new (old) system? :)

Gears of war 1 is currently free if you have xbox live gold. All of the halos work on the 360, go with whatever is cheapest. The order of the story is halo wars, reach, 1, 2, odst, 3, 4 if you care. Skip kameo, it is only an ok game. If you are not a hardcore racing fan get horizon, if you are get 4.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Mill Village posted:

Are you planning on doing this again? I'd love to join you guys. My GT is Mill Village if you want to add me.

Throw a friend request to GT: Father Wendigo and he'll let you know the next we are doing it. Also when we get chance we're going to be play perfect dark zero too.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Shadow225 posted:

How often do you guys play, and is it just limited to PDark?

We mostly play on the weekends but sometimes if we are feeling obnoxious we hop on during the week and just do dumb stuff. The main game we play is actually borderlands 2 with us finding random games to play. We usually only play bad games.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Am I going crazy or is stuff being pulled from marketplace? I went to go download the Quake 4 demo for my cousin to play and the game isn't listed at all any more and just now I was looking up some C&C3 stuff and I can't download a single trailer from the marketplace. I had to go to my download history to grab the trailer I was looking for.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 9, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

NESguerilla posted:

I just ordered Doom 3 BFG on a whim now that it's cheap, but I remember a bunch of goons hating on it when it came out although I don't remember why. After watching some reviews I think it looks pretty enjoyable. Is there any reason I am going to hate it?

Edit: I should also mention I have only casually played the first two as a kid and I am huge on Survival horror so the change in pace sounds like a positive thing to me.

Here's a quick rundown of what was changed:
  • Plasma Rifles shots no longer create lighting.
  • Removal of choosable D-Pad quick select slots. (I think they are: Fist, Artifact, Grenades, and Rocket Laucher(?))
  • Removal of the flashlight as a weapon.
  • Sprint is now done by clicking in and holding the left thumb stick instead of holding the left trigger.
  • Removal of the Phasing in and out of Hell effect in RoE.
  • Removal of the giant monster beatdown room right before the final boss in RoE.
  • The amount of ammo you get from pickups now varies on difficulty. Easy and Normal now give you double ammo.
  • Autosaves are now at the start and middle of levels.
  • Native 3D support

There's probably more I'm missing but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kragger99 posted:

Hey gang, I got a download code for Skyrim when I bought a new 360 that I know I won't use (already have it on the PC). If someone here really wants it, let me know. I'd rather it goes to a goon that is looking forward to play it.
Not sure if it's only redeemable in North America though.

Yo I'd like it. It would save me 15 bucks.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Tsietisin posted:

Are either of the other two characters worth getting. I'm just about to finish the main story (Or at least it feels that way) and would like to expand the game a little.

Skip Mechro and get the Psycho. The Psycho starts off slow but is pretty awesome no matter which way you spec. Gaige is pretty cool but she starts fall behind all of the other characters once you get past level 50.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Abu Dave posted:

I was disheartened to learn the Kinect is still $100; but I quickly saw that a shitload of the games can be had for under $10. That said, what are the best games for a kid thats like 2 years old? I picked up Kinectimals and Sesame Street TV for him, are there any others?

Kinect Disneyland: Adventures or Kinect Party by Doublefine. Those are like the only game your kid will need.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

Okay am I retarded or is there no way to make netflix Play again, if you use the left stick to rewind or fast forward? I can't figure out how to select the pause/play icon and hitting A does nothing, and if I hit B it backs out and then all I can do is resume from the spot I was at before I rewound.

The A button works for me but try pressing Start.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

Hey in case any of you fools don't have Charlie Murder it's the deal of the week at $3.30 so go buy it and then add me (GT: LOOK AT DAT DOG) and we'll murder some bitches and play metal music.

No thanks, I already own Brutal Legend.

These are some really good deals, what exactly is The Bridge? I've never heard of it and it looks fairly crazy.

Kifisonfire posted:

Ducktales is half price too which I guess is a big deal? I never played it so I don't have the nostalgia for it to be honest. Has anyone else played it and not played the original?

That would be me. It is only OK, it's a 2D platformer that is pretty good to look at.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

MZ posted:

One of my presents was Banjo Kazooie Nuts N Bolts, which I've always been meaning to pick up but never got around to, anything I should know before going in??

If you are having trouble using a premade vehicle in a race, at the start of the race get out of the vehicle and press B. You can then remove and rearrange parts to cut out unnecessary weight.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

I had to stop and think for a couple minutes to recall what the story to Halo 4 was..

There were like, kids? And they were spartan clones? And then they shot some aliens.

Also there were alien ostriches on the first level.

Ostriches were Reach. I have no idea about the other two.

Also small reminder to everyone that Earth Defense Force 2025 is now less than a month away from release.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I really like all the freezes in Arkham Origins. It's a really creative way of making sure you know the level layouts and what the fastest way to clear a room is.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Speaking of mopping up achievements, anybody want to help me mop up Brutal legend's multiplayer achievements?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

I would be down, although I'd have to brick since I got pretty good with Doviculus' army and solos.

Yeah, I'd be down for that.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Starhawk64 posted:

As someone who is finally getting a 360 because now it's the time to start collecting games for it before the prices skyrocket, what are the must-have exclusives? Obviously there's Halo, which one is considered the best? I like action games, FPS games, driving games, and basically anything with explosions and non-stop action. Console cross platform is fine as I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 controller, but no games that I could play also play on PC (unless the ports suck goat balls) because that's obviously my platform of choice for multiplatform games when I'm not loving around on my 3DS. I've already grabbed Raiden Fighters Aces and Forza Motorsport 4.

My only hardware questions are that can since I intend to build my collection slowly and I only have a couple games, can I get away with using a 32GB flash drive for now because the prices for the hard drive are kinda steep, and has the build quality improved? I'm getting an R2-D2 slim and I'm hoping I don't encounter the dreaded Red Ring of Death.

Earth Defense Force 2017, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Halo 3: ODST, someone else will probably have better list than me.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Snowcow posted:

Has anyone played Conker: Live and reloaded on 360 and if so, how well does it run?

Besides the fact that the awesome multiplayer servers aren't up any more and that that messes up a bunch of unlocks, it runs pretty much 1:1 as an OG xbox.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Earth Defense Force 2025 Launch Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GJiYk3Vi0

Since the old thread slid back into the archives, I'm probably going to make a new thread for it sometime today.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Ahh yesss.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

I think it'd make for a better thread if instead of everyone just vomiting up a PYF list that nobody else will read, that for each game you list you put a paragraph or two for why people should play it. And not just some "I CANT EVEN DESCRIBE IT YOU JUST HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT" horseshit, like actually sell someone on it. Sort of like the list in Kennyman's link.

Just my $0.02.

I'll give this a shot:

The Darkness
Save old ladies and complete RPG fetch quests with your anime tentacle arms. Make phone calls on pay phones and jump turnstiles. Then you get to throw cars at mobsters while reminiscing about World War 1. Casual stereotyping of New Yorkers/New Jerseyans may be involved.

Earth Defense Force 2017
Aliens come to Earth and before First Contact is even made, the UN dubs the Aliens the Ravagers. You then proceed to give a 171 gun salute to: giant ants, giant spiders, not-Godzilla, more giant ants, 1950's era giant robots, giant giant spiders, and 1950's era UFOs. Warning: Physics and Animations not included.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 1, 2014

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I can't stop playing Divinity II, it's hot garbage in just about every way, but there is something there underneath it all that I just find fun. I really enjoy the fact that my shields just kinda float like a foot off my arm.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

der juicen posted:

World of Tanks is finally coming out on Wednesday. loving finally.

I was in the beta for so long I had forgotten that it wasn't even out yet. Game is going to be fun. Speaking of betas, anybody else in the warface beta?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Ape Agitator posted:

Did they address the terrible UI in the Garage?

No idea, I have played in like 2 months, when they nuked my garage and I just didn't feel like grinding for tanks anymore.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605938 :getin:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

I've been clearing some room on my hard drive, and I see all these compatibility packs for Borderlands 2 taking up lots of space. Is it necessary to keep them all, or just the most recent one?
I missed this earlier, just delete all of them except the largest one. Borderlands 2 doesn't overwrite the compatibility pack it just downloads another one.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Parkingtigers posted:

I really want to play World of Tanks, but of course it's behind the Live paywall. I wouldn't mind throwing cash at the developers directly, but I refuse to give Microsoft money just so that I can play a free game.

Have you tried the free month of live trick?

coyo7e posted:

Fourthing. I've been tankin it up all weekend and I'm kind of sad EDF is coming out, because it'll cut into my tanktime!

I need to stop being dumb and actually remember what kind of tank I'm using and not try to back you up with an arty.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So uh I guess Doom IV is coming out this year: http://www.wolfenstein.com/en-us/preorder

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I finally got a new working code for Warface and after my first match my sound on 360 stop working completely and I had to physically unplug it for a minute for it to work again, other than that the game is unremarkable.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
MK9 is a steal for 5 bucks.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
My 360 started recently making this weird grinding noise when I turn it on and it does for like 1 or 2 after starting up and is the completely fine for the rest of the time. I think it's the disk drive going, does anybody have opinions on it?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Alteisen posted:

Don't go. :smith:

So did anyone else get Garden Warfare? GT is AchyHippo, I need plant or zombie buddies, I play a mean sunflower.

Sorry too busy playing EDF 2025

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I played a game of Civ Rev last night and I must be missing something because that is literally the most boring game I've ever played. Literally the second half of the match was the AI players declaring war on me and then their cities joining mine and then the AI going 'well I didn't really want that city anyway, let's be friends *kicks can*' and then attacking me anyway. Which never worked because apparently I was the only one who researched warships and tanks. It took me forever to realize that you didn't actually have resources just a resource pile that slowly takes chunks out of what you are building and not all at once, so that one is on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Something from another thread has me curious...

How do movie rentals work on the 360? Or does it only support outright purchases?

Once you start you have 24 hours to watch it, afterwords it locks you out and says to either rent it again or buy it.

• Locked thread