Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am way, way down for some Perfect Dark sometime, (directed towards basucally anyone). GT is codename FANGIO. I also wouldn't mind some DOOM, DOOM2, or Duke Nukem 3D, I have a problem with downloading my fps childhood. Oh, and the co op in Far Cry 3, I need those final sweet achievement points.

I need Xbox friends basically :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

axleblaze posted:

That list of indies was also sorely lacking Super Amazing Wagon Adventure.

I was just about to post this. I can not recommend Super Amazing Wagon Adventure enough. It's a roguelike-alike (mostly) sidescrolling shooter inspired by Oregon Trail (seriously). It has an amazing soundtrack, there are tons of unlockables, the replay value is nearly infinite and it costs a dollar. The situations it will shove you into are hilarious. You do yourself a disservice by not playing this game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

You should give Call of Juarez Gunslinger a try then. Not as funny, but a lot of fun. On sale this week for $3.74.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Juarez-Gunslinger/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584112b0?cid=SLink

Somebody please explain to me what the hell I am supposed to be doing in duels so I can finish this goddamn game. Any duels I have finished previously have been by total accident.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Nibbles141 posted:

Right stick use to keep on the person, left stick keep over your gun. You can draw early but lose xp, otherwise wait for them to make a move. You can sway left and right with the left stick after drawing, and in the later duels you will have to do this and dodge the first and maybe second shot.

raditts posted:

Adjust your sight (left stick) to keep it on your opponent's face to increase your accuracy and keep your hand hovered over your shootin' piece (right stick) to increase your draw speed. When you see the other guy go for his gun, pull yours as quick as you can and then you aim with right stick and dodge with left stick.

Or you can just shoot the fucker right off before he even has a chance at drawing. They may call you a "coward" but they won't be calling you dead.

Thanks, I think it was dodging with the left stick that was loving me up? I guess we'll see.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Parkingtigers posted:

Don't skip over the Conan game. It's manly burly fun that will put hair on your chest. Much more fun than it has a right to be. Final level sucks balls, but it's a joyously unshaven two-fisted camel-punching testosterone fueled B-movie romp.

Haha, yeah, basically this. It's kind of A Bad Game but it's so hilariously, satisfyingly manly with topless chicks and brutal murder with a ton of huge weapons. It's like I am the protagonist of a Manowar song. It helps that I bought it for under $3, too. :v:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I imagine that a Warface is somewhere between :mad: and :catstare:.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Mine broke off after a year, mid-Spelunky. The local video game store/repair place told me that it made more sense to buy a new one than fix it, too. So now I am paranoid as hell about my shiny gold controller I got to replace it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Now I have Peace Walker and Bejeweled. Stop contributing to my massive, insurmountable backlog, you fuckers. :mad:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Everyone downloading Hitman Absolution be sure to get the free English Language Pack, that one seems pretty important.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

univbee posted:

Do they mean British? Like, they American-ized the game but made the original version free DLC or something?

There's a UK flag in the item description, so I'm pretty sure you're right. I wasn't aware the developers were British, but that makes sense. I may actually use that pack if that's the case, I'm infatuated with superfluous u's.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What are the various issues? I'm loving it, played it on GC, Wii, and then 360, and I haven't noticed any problems. I'm even getting used to the controls which, frankly, were absolutely perfect on the Wii.

You can set it to aim with the left trigger and fire with the right, like 5 and 6. Do this if it's not too late for your brain to adjust.

Other than that (which honestly isn't really a problem), it's a fine port. If I recall correctly they didn't bother to upscale any of the videos in the extra content, so Ada's cutscenes are in 480p. Otherwise it's a pretty straightforward port that no one should be paying $20 for in the year 2014.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh believe me, I switch to Type B controls right away. I just meant that aiming with the wiimote will always be the best way to play the game.

It's the only way I've ever been able to beat Professional.

:negative:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

coyo7e posted:

Yeah, that fight was where I got sick of the game. A couple of the moves were super inconsistent on him for me, and I got sick of trying and got sick of the crowded-feeling world and never went back.

Now, I can't confirm this because I spammed the grapnel pull and punched him in the mouth until he asked what I was, but apparently the idea is that he's supposed to teach you about the new martial arts enemies, so time slows down when he's doing the specific motions that need to be countered. But, like I said, I used the grapnel pull because I didn't figure out that wasn't what you were supposed to do. It seemed to be the most effective thing, wtf game. :( I wish I wanted to go back and do New Game+. I decided I'd rather go back and 100% all the medal challenges from City instead, because that game rules. So do that instead of playing Origins.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

flatluigi posted:

Please don't buy the Orange Box on consoles.

I did it and I don't feel bad. :colbert:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ChibiSoma can you let us know next time you find that a game has good design and treats you fairly? I would like to hear about that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

I bought Injustice and the season pass, but I can't access any of the season pass content. It unlocks Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion and Zod, but all those characters are grayed out in character select in all modes and I can't select them. In the DLC menu, all these characters and the season pass have a checkmark next them, indicating that I have downloaded them.

I can't find anything online describing this issue. Anybody else run into this?

You have to download all the season pass content specifically from the in-game store. It should be showing up as costing 0 points. (Yes the menu still seems to use points.) Anyway just grab everything in that menu that says it's free and you'll be good.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

haveblue posted:

360 GWG this month: Motorcross Madness and Dishonored.

lol I just bought this last week when it was on sale :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cubey posted:

Year of the Snake is awesome and you should play it immediately after finishing the main game. Nightmare in North Point is...something.

Nightmare in North Point is a goddamned masterpiece.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

:stare: I wasn't going to buy that poo poo because I already have it on PS2 but yeah I have to buy it for that price.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Seriously at least give us Vice City. I've only beat it three times and I want to get up to Resident Evil 4 double digits.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

enri posted:

£2.99 for the UK, I'm all over that. One less reason to keep the ps2 hanging about :)

Always keep all your consoles and games :)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rapacity posted:

I always play games about 2 years behind everyone else so I just got Far Cry 3 and it is the best open-world game I've ever played. I've played as far as opening up the second island and, unlike almost any other OW shooter, there's almost nothing I dislike. The traversal is first class, the guns feel weighty, the AI is about as good as it gets and the way it all comes together with the wildlife/various random encounters is hilarious. Best of all, the driving model is actually fun. Now that I've upgraded everything possible I'm on john rambo's vacation and I don't give a gently caress about the kooky drug sequences/story because I am actually a killing machine and I can identify with feeling at home in the jungle.

I bought it for peanuts so you probably can too.

When you have hit that sweet 100% be sure to get Blood Dragon and have your life forever altered for the better. It alters the mechanics just enough to make you feel like the loving Terminator and there are robots and nuclear explosions all the time and giant laser dinosaurs and just holy loving poo poo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

coyo7e posted:

Counterpoint, Blood Dragon is a purple washed self smug pile of fourth wall breaking and pop culture referential garbage. It is the Family Guy , except nothing but Peter laughing at the player. That includes the tutorial.

Okay well it's fun to stalk and kill robots and their heads pop like they're filled with neon paint when you shoot them and you can jump like thirty feet into the air and land on a guy to do a Death From Above kill so I guess if you're not an oddly hostile video game forum guy then you will enjoy it and maybe occasionally boot it up to shoot some robots every once in a while after you beat it. :shrug:

^^^ uhhh the 80's neon aesthetic is one of the best parts

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I guess I just can't understand a hatred for Blood Dragon that is so strong. It just wants to be colorful and have dumb fun.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just really enjoyed Blood Dragon and thought the guy would like it if he dug Far Cry 3. I mean I guess I don't mind being called ridiculous or jaded but the backlash in this thread is a little over the top. It's dumb and fun and that's all it's really trying to be.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Seltzer posted:

I don't care that people like it, or recommend it, but attributing not liking it to it being popular or being a "nerd" is really loving dumb.

I don't think I did this though :confused:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm not really sure if something can count as a backlash if like half the people you're including have mentioned liking the game.

:geno: I think the criticism is a little heavy handed.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cubey posted:

who the gently caress cares, viva pinata is free tomorrow just download that and stop bitching you twats

Trust me, if I could go back in time and not recommend that game I would definitely do that.

But hey, who cares. Anyway, if I have no room on my hard drive and I tried to download Darksiders 2 I can still get it later when I have room, I hope?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cubey posted:

confirmed, still got my 3DO hooked up

NES, Dreamcast, GameCube with Game Boy Player, PS2, 360 Wii and Wii U all ready to go at any time :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Keep all your systems hooked up all the time.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

Yes, I was being dead serious when I was naming pinata's Kim Jong Il. Screw you guys for not shaking things up and challenging peoples belief systems. Cowardly conformists! You have been given the power to rename pinata's, don't let it go to waste.

:yikes:

coyo7e posted:

It's a really weird poopsocky game from what I understand. And since people who take that kind of thing seriously are also the same people who are the ultimate targets for griefing... I think that you're doing the lord's work. If you haven't figured out that people are trolling you in here then v:shobon:v

It isn't as though you're playing Kingdom for Keflings 1 and joining people's maps just to kick all of their buildings apart and gently caress things up. If someone doesn't gain amusement from having their pets' names screwed with, then that's their problem. I wouldn't grief somenoe who was obviously a small child, but a young kid, hell yes.

:yikes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sometimes I just tell random kids at the toy store that they're unwanted by their parents. Fuckin' owwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnned.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

You don't get to loving come in here and act like this is anything you support. You and your ilk are complete poo poo; you construct your entire persona around that fact. Want your cake and have it too? gently caress you. I'll call you out on it. Imp Zone is built around this exact kind of misanthropy. You don't have the nuts or the commitment to be the completely terrible piece of poo poo you purport to be. gently caress you for coming in here like it's okay. You have no courage at all.

lol she doesn't even have to really do anything to cause a breakdown, that's pretty impressive :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Still trying trying to figure out what anything in that tirade means because all I read is, "i got a 6-hour probation in Imp Zone once :qq:"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

fuckin' :yikes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

Red Faction Guerilla went free. It's a pretty drat good game.

There is a whole planet for you to satisfyingly destroy in creative and challenging ways.

Cool! Hope we can discuss it without someone accidentally revealing themselves to be an embarrassing creep!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Mods have stars in front of their user names.

This is true. My word is not law and you are still allowed to embarrass yourself by being a weird creep if you want to.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

No I meant you can tell who the creeps are, usually. You ruined my lovely "mods are :aatrek:" joke drat you!!

:negative:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Shmitty posted:

I got a month of Live through Bing just in time to get Witcher. Now I've got those to look forward to AND it doesn't expire until March 1st so I can get whatever shitass game they announce for that.

The games are Brothers and Sniper Elite v.2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

So what's up with live right now? It's not letting me buy the season pass to borderlands pre sequel.

It is protecting you.

• Locked thread