Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm still playing my 360, despite a PS4 being hooked up on the other side of the entertainment center. The wife and I have been co-oping Diablo 3, and of course I'll never be able to completely shake my Dark Souls addiction.

The 360 was my favorite console for a long, long time. Before the DS4 came along it was my favorite controller as well. I hope the slim I got for Christmas last year lasts for many more years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Was that Deadpool game any good? I don't remember hearing anything about it when it came out.

Also, seeing that Mark of the Ninja DLC makes me realize I never went back and finished the game. I got to the last level and was distracted by something else. The DLC might inspire me to go back.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

I said come in! posted:

If any of you decide to buy Diablo 3 on Black Friday, you should be made aware that it looks like Blizzard has no plans to release Reaper of Souls for the 360/ps3 versions. Just next-gen.

That said, the 360 version is super good. I'll probably end up double-dipping for the PS4 version when the expansion comes out, but the wife and I have been playing on the 360 quite a bit. So much fun killing demons!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

I said come in! posted:

Yep! The current version on consoles is still very good. Just something to consider if you do want RoS eventually.

If any of you have the PC version too, and you haven't been keeping up to date on what has been happening, patch 2.0 goes up on the PTR by the end of the year and adds many of the features that make the console version so good, plus a bunch of other really cool stuff like adventure mode, which lets you bypass the storyline.

Are all of the features of the expansion coming to the console versions? Adventure mode sounds sweet.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

I said come in! posted:

Blizzard has only announced this stuff for the PS4 version.

As a very happy PS4 owner, this makes me happy. :D

Meanwhile the 360 is my Netflix device of choice because I can use my remote with it. Why Sony has turned against IR capability in their last two consoles I'll never understand.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

MZ posted:

Sounds great but why would you do this to yourself? There are certain parts in the console version where the frame-rate becomes an issue.

Probably because he wants to try out the multiplayer. :v:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I've heard that Diablo 3 is easier on consoles due to the re-engineered loot system, but is it normal to get to level 60 before finishing Hell mode? My wife and I have been using the XP boosting gem/head gear from the earliest point possible, but it still seems crazy we maxed out our level so early.

Speaking of gear, I feel vastly overpowered in Hell/Medium. I know I should probably crank it up to hard, but my wife is more of a "get loot" kind of gal rather than "be challenged" so here we are.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Maker Of Shoes posted:

If you're running experience gear rather than playing it normally? Yeah that would be normal. And you haven't really maxed it out. You still have paragon levels to go through. Crank up the master levels sooner than later because gear drops are related to your difficulty. You're going to stop finding anything useful very soon.

I don't really understand paragon levels, besides giving you extra item find or something.

Does Inferno-Medium really not drop all that great of gear? I don't want to ramp up the difficulty and turn my wife off to the game, but we're having a really good time with the loot treadmill. For reference, we started two new characters on Normal-Hard and she had a really hard time with it.

Is there a general console Diablo 3 thread? I hate talking about specific stuff here but I didn't see one. Seems strange for a what I thought would be a high-profile release.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

ZeeBoi posted:

Stoked for the second season of The Walking Dead starting next week. :)

Will this use saves from the previous games at all?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Bart Fargo posted:

I'm assuming that the biggest impact will come from 400 Days if you did that one.

I played that but thought it only had loose ties to characters from the 1st season. Did I miss something?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Oxxidation posted:

Hoo man, Saints Row 4 is really too much swagga for the 360 to carry. I don't think my frame rate's cracked 20 fps for more than a few seconds at a time and the pop-in puts GTAV's to shame.

I want to try and stick with it regardless, it's been a blast so far.

Yeah I'll be excited to see that game on the next-gen consoles, as the 360 version was kinda lovely from a technical perspective. I still played through and did a shitload of the side stuff, just because it was so much fun to move around in the world.

So Walking Dead Season 2 this week, right? :D

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Did I mess up? I bought the season pass for Walking Dead S2 before buying the first episode. I assumed it would list the first episode as free since I bought the pass, but it still shows up as $4.99. Or do I need to buy that episode first and the SP will get me a discount on the other episodes?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Does Walking Dead S2 run like dogshit for everyone? The first game had issues with pausing and stuttering (specifically when making decisions) but this one is way, way worse. I died and reloaded, and the game was a literal slideshow for the first 15 seconds after.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Hat Thoughts posted:

I completely disagree to this, I really like Suda51 but this game is garbage. It's a bad metaphor to make anyways because he didn't have much involvement in it, which has been the case for every Grasshopper game since No More Heroes.

Ditto. The game was horribly offensive, and was one of the few games that made me embarrassed to play it in front of anyone. Horrible.

ZeeBoi posted:

Worked fine for me.

Worked for me as well. It recognized all my decisions, although it left a fairly huge plot hole in the gameplay. (Late S1/Early S2 spoilers) What the hell happened to that chick's baby?! She was preggo when her husband got shot and then BAM! six months later and there's no mention of it. Maybe it will get addressed later in S2.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

ZeeBoi posted:

Probably a miscarriage.

Sure, there's only a few outcomes, but it would have been nice if the game had dealt with any of them as opposed to just skipping over all of them.

All of the Trials games (and DLC) are on sale. I picked one up a long time ago and was absolutely terrible at it, so I'll be skipping this sale.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Maker Of Shoes posted:

And how did the Adawale DLC pan out? Worth the ten bones?

It's more AC4, so if you were like me and still craving more of it after finishing the main game, it's probably worth it. I liked the machete combat, and the story line is pretty good as well. The freeing slave stuff is pretty ham handed (you can't run around in the main port without triggering missions constantly), but it works I suppose. I liked capturing slave ships more than anything on the main game.

Oh, and the bluderbuss is fantastic.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I sort of lost steam about 30% through Sleeping Dogs and sent it back to gamefly, but if be happy to have it on my hard drive to mess around with.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

KennyMan666 posted:

That's not a bad GwG offering at all. I... never actually played any Tomb Raider games before.

Guardian of Light is a good game, but it's not exactly indicative of other TR games. You should play it, though, especially co-op, it's a blast.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
The controller my wife used for Diablo 3 started loving up, so she asked me to get her a new one. I loaded up Amazon and couldn't resist spending the extra $10 or so to get her a shiny gold chrome version. No regrets.

Speaking of, if I redeem a month of XBL with her Silver account, she'll be able to go online with me and play D3 with pubbies, right?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

MZ posted:

Any recommendations for girlfriend friendly couch coop games?

My gf loved Rayman Origins (we'll get Legends eventually) but we need something new. She doesn't like shooting games or FPSs.

Tomb Raider Guardian of Light is a good choice, or brawlers like Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim, etc. Diablo 3 is great for local co-op, as well.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Dross posted:

I think I am close to finishing the first Mass Effect. Assuming I really couldn't care less about achievements, do I gain anything from a second playthrough as opposed to just moving on to the sequels? (please tag plot spoilers as I have somehow managed to go seven years without having any of them spoiled for me)

If you play through multiple times, how are your choices carried over to the sequels?

I skipped 1, but played through 2&3 twice to see the paragon/renegade differences. I'd say it was worth it, especially for the second game, but if you don't have time to play it twice you aren't missing that much. Especially if you take all the renegade options, as they are far superior.

As for importing, you choose the character you want to import when starting a new game, and you have several slots so you can import/create multiple characters.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Well for $7.50 I guess I'll finally get to play the Minerva's Den DLC that everyone has talked up.

I hope the Bioshock Infinite DLC discounts are good as well, been looking forward to that.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

ZeeBoi posted:

February's games are Dead Island and Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Never played either one, so that'll be cool. I've kind of wanted to try Dead Island but never enough to Gamefly it or anything.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Dang, I was hoping the Fables game would have been fixed by now. :( I have a bit of time to kill tonight, but oh well.

back to dark souls

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

losonti tokash posted:

In case anyone didn't see it in the TWAU thread, if you bought the season pass and didn't get episode 2, Microsoft is sending out redeemable codes for it to your Xbox inbox.

Nice, mine was waiting for me this morning.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
MS is putting out black and purple chrome controllers. As a LSU fan, that purple controller looks swanky as hell.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

raditts posted:

If they want to make me happy, they'd put out a new model controller that makes the D-pad not poo poo now that they're free to do so; I might consider spending $50 for that. Fat chance of that happening though on a now-last-gen console, I guess.

If you've never used the controllers with the "twistable" dpads, they are an upgrade from the standard 360 controller. Not the best, but it's decent.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Tgent posted:

I've seen a couple of people say this on this forum but I've certainly never had a problem with it. I bought the silver twisting dpad controller when they first came out and have used it heavily since then and the dpad (always had the plastic bits retracted) is fine.

Same. I apparently wore out the left stick as it has a noticeable drift now, but the dpad is fine.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
It's definitely worse than Shadow Complex, but it's also a ton of fun at the same time. I won't disagree with any of those points, but I've been having a blast with it despite all that (on PS4, if it matters).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I finally got around to trying Dead Island since it was free and boy that is a game I sure don't like.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

MZ posted:

Cool! I have Dark Souls on disc, but I have to download it again if I want the on-demand version right? Can I still use my same save-game?

If you have the disc installed, you'll need to delete that data first, but you can do that without deleting your saves, and then everything will work normally.

Will definitely be breaking out my old invaders for this, hopefully they'll be lots of new people.

Side question: with ps+, I can "buy" free games for systems I don't own yet. I'm up to about 25 vita games at this point. Can I do the same with Xbox One games they give out? I'll eventually own the system, but probably not for awhile, but if I'm paying for Gold anyway I might as well get as much as I can out of it.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

colormeblind posted:

Dark souls is free on xbox live games for gold till the 16th of this month. So for those of us poor goons who want to play it but haven't had the money, now is the time! Happy gaming goons

Just remember to stay human as much as possible! Gobble up that humanity every chance you get, it really helps new players.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Alteisen posted:

Don't be a jerk. :colbert:

Stay hollow your first time unless you really need help, the game is going to littered with fuckhead twinks this week.

You're a jerk, jerk. :colbert:

And I don't know if I would be called a "fuckhead twink" but I'm definitely planning on invading some people and having fun with the. That's like 25% of the :darksouls: experience.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Alteisen posted:

I wish they'd just do away with invasions entirely, keep PvP for those that wanna do it.

You should take this new and original opinion to one of the five *Souls threads, where it has never been heard before.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Alteisen posted:

Don't like it, don't read it. :shrug:

Pvp in Demons was garbage, it was garbage in Souls 1 and somehow they made it the worse its ever been in Souls 2.

Its certainly an interesting idea, a human enemy, problem is everyone just flocks to the most broken poo poo and its way to easy for people to grief. I doubt I'm the only that got soured on the whole thing when their first invasion experience was some guy in end game stuff.

Its like bumping into a god mode enemy, what did you learn? Absolutely nothing.

The hide as objects one or using stages to gently caress with people like the rat covenant in Souls 2, that's sort of interesting.

My point was that the argument has been done to death already, and it's not like there aren't ways the game gives you to get around it. I find it very funny that people are still actively complaining about this despite the devs implementing the same sorts of systems in three different games, and going so far as to make them more ingrained in basic gameplay in the latest.

Don't like it, don't play it. :shrug:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Anime_Otaku posted:

Is Rayman Legends actually good? I thought they had a rep for being fairly mediocre (but the I have just bought COD: Ghosts).

Rayman Legends is basically a perfect game, except for some serious grinding to get all the cheevos. I played it on PS4, but never heard anything about performing worse on the 360. Seriously, tons of charm and fun jammed in there. Those music levels alone. :allears:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
It's also be weird if it's a FROM problem considering the precious GOD version worked fine.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

codenameFANGIO posted:

I did it and I don't feel bad. :colbert:

Same. I haven't had a "gaming pc" in forever, so when I first got a 360 the Orange Box was a no brainer. I give no fucks about TF2, but playing the HL2 stuff and Portal was great. Although I think you get Portal by itself on XBLA now, if that's all you wanted.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

ZeeBoi posted:

Avatars were the dumbest thing ever to come to Xbox.

I don't know, as someone who posts a LOT of hatemail for one particular game, I think they can be pretty hilarious when paired with horrible language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm trying to use the xbox.com website to "purchase" the games with gold for this month, and it tells me I can't purchase it because I'm a child or teen account. I can't find anywhere on the poo poo wwebsite to change it, and it's never been a problem before. Anyone know what's happening?

• Locked thread