Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Just plowing through my backlog right now. I've been going to Gamestop every couple weeks to dig through their used games and watching Live and Amazon for deals. Currently playing Castlevania: LoS, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and COD Ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Just finished playing The Knife of Dunwall DLC for Dishonored. What a great game and this DLC for $5 was totally worth it. I also picked up Brigmore Witches to play through later. I really want to go back back and attempt Ghost/Clean Hands playthroughs on the entire game but that seems pretty daunting!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Still no Minecraft on sale. gently caress you, Microsoft.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Ape Agitator posted:

So are there any XBL Gold deals this Friday or Monday? I think mine runs out on Dec 1 or something close.

Edit: From Amazon or marketplace or wherever.

Target has 3 month cards for $10 right now, I don't know if that's online too though

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Had to grab Perfect Dark for $2. I'm pretty sure I'm never getting to the end of my backlog. Christmas is coming and I know MY GIRLFRIEND is getting me like 2-3 more games :negative:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

One (1) free copy of Ms. Splosion Man

redeem at onehotholiday.com

JDM8V73D5G

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Been playing through Assassin's Creed 2 these last couple days. It's been pretty fun so far, but wow is it a long game. I'm at Sequence 9 though and I'm still enjoying it. One question though, how good are Sequence 12 and 13? I notice they decided to sell these 2 chapters as DLC which kind of pisses me off but if they aren't worth it I guess I can deal with there being a gap in the story. I did get the game for free, anyway.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I guess I'll just be skipping the AC2 DLC. I've actually already played Revelations (found it at Best Buy for $5, my first AC) so I think I'll just pick up Brotherhood at a later date. I know I'm getting AC4 for Christmas so I don't want to get too burned out on the series.

Unrelated, but does anyone know if XBL is doing the 12 days of Christmas sale they've been doing the last couple of years?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Man, the ending of AC2 was pretty drat weak. You fight Rodrigo Borgia 4 loving times, he has a way too much health and apparently can't be countered, blocks all hits with a sword or knife, can't be shot with the pistol, and then you don't even kill him at the end. The game was excellent up to that point, I can't help but be a little let down.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

vvvEnjoy

The Duke fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 14, 2013

The Duke
May 19, 2004

It's pretty amazing that Rockstar can make one of the best SP campaigns of the year but their multiplayer has been been one screwup after the other. I know some people love to just ride around blowing up other people and doing wacky stuff with friends, but I went into it expecting heists and actual fun missions to do with my crew. Instead we got a lame free roam that punishes you for what every person playing wants to do, lovely missions where you die in 2-3 hits with full heavy armor and no heists yet. They keep taking out vehicles instead of adding all of the ones from SP and the mission payouts are laughable in order to compel you to spend real money on cash cards.

Anyway, I stopped playing 2 months ago and I have no plans to come back until heists are implemented.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Mortal Kombat and Injustice are awesome, don't know what that guy's on about.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Don't get Battlefield 4 on 360, you won't be getting the full experience. If you have a nice PC get it on that.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

So I guess me and 38% of players of Walking Dead season 1 aren't loving psychopaths :smugdog: (MASSIVE SEASON 1 ENDING SPOILERS FOLLOW) Didn't have Clem kill Lee, because why would you ever do that. Also, why was there no "I love you" option at the end? I feel like that would've been appropriate. Anyway, what a fantastic game. Onto 400 Days!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Dross posted:

Because death is ostensibly preferable to undeath, you monster.

Well for me, Clem killed the Stranger already, didn't seem right to have her kill her father figure as well.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Man, I'm really hating Lords of Shadow. I'm usually pretty good at brawler games but this game just feels like poo poo and the difficulty is ridiculous on Normal. I'm up to the second vampire boss (like 3/4 through the game I think?) and it just takes so long I've already given up twice. Basically every enemy hits for like 20% of your health each hit, most of your moves feel like they have no weight to them and enemies jump right through them, the hitbox on Gabriel is too big and I get hit by poo poo I'm so far away from and sometimes doesn't even register on the character (I just see my meter on the bottom of the screen dissipate suddenly) and basically I'm mad because I'm bad, apparently.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Kinect Party

The Duke
May 19, 2004

O__O posted:

I think you just suck rear end dawg. It's a really easy game.

It's true :negative:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Resident Evil: Revelations is a great game. Unfortunately Raid Mode is pretty dead it seems, but if anyone wants to play I'm down. gt: kr0jar

edit: I'm only halfway through the campaign so I don't have all the levels unlocked yet. I'll probably be done by tomorrow.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Brothers is until next Tuesday and Wolf Among Us is today only.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Is Killer Is Dead any good? I'm trying to hold out for the last couple of days of the sale but $13 is pretty good for a fairly new game.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

State of Decay tomorrow for $10. Worth picking up?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I hate to sound like one of those entitled children in the comment section on Major Nelson's blog, but this was the worst year of the sale ever. Of course the final day would be COD, and not even the season pass in addition. The only thing I bought was Undead Nightmare and Brothers, which wasn't even part of the countdown sale.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

You really expected anything better? ;)

Well I guess last year I only got Mark of the Ninja and Walking Dead season 1 but I thought the quality and diversity of the sale items was much higher. They even did the same Trials sale they did last year too.

Basically I'm just bitter they still haven't done a single sale for Minecraft.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Conker 64 Heist multiplayer was better than Goldeneye :getin:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Welp, time to finally play Bioshock 2 I guess.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

I really like all the freezes in Arkham Origins. It's a really creative way of making sure you know the level layouts and what the fastest way to clear a room is.

Back up your saves frequently. I got it for Christmas and played about an hour and a half of it, came back later and my file was corrupted. Put the game back on my shelf and played through AC4 instead.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I just beat Far Cry 3. If anyone wants to help me do the co-op maps sometime please send me a friend request so we can play! GT: kr0jar

Also I'm always up for some Resident Evil: Revelations Raid Mode as well.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Congrats, I gave up right after getting to the third disk because following a guide to get every case 5 starred on the first try was starting to get really tedious. Some day I will go back and get that 100% just to spite it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Sorry everyone, I bought Kingdoms of Amalur :keke:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Dead Island is fun as hell, Sam B all day!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Now if only we could get the Spelunky thread title changed :negative:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Alteisen posted:

Where do you find this? I'd like to keep an eye them just in case anything pops up that I want.

xbldb.com usually has the sales up the night before (so Monday night for the weekly sale). Faster than Major Nelson most of the time.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Skyrim for $10 tomorrow.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

How long is the Ultimate sale running? Until next Tuesday? I already got Mass Effect, Runner2 and Skyrim, my backlog will never be finished :(

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I wish the season pass was on sale but it looks like just the first episode of Walking Dead season 2 is on sale. $0.99 is pretty good though, but I bet if you wait for the holiday sales again this year they'll have the first one free and a big discount on the rest of the season if previous years are any indication.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Getting a full deck with everyone alive on Mercs 1 was one of my most satisfying gaming moments from my youth. I loved the poo poo out of that game.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Taking a break from DS2 for a bit, so I decided to play through Hitman: Absolution. I'm having fun every once in awhile but overall this game is a piece of poo poo. The disguise/Instinct system is so broken it's not even funny. Also like 5 hits in the entire game. It's still fun to sneak around garroting fools but they really bungled this game, hard.

Not every loving game needs a modern day cover shooter update with tag and instakill techniques, the gameplay was great as it was.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Don't listen to that first guy, Gunzerker is without a doubt the best class for soloing. The other classes are good as well, but Gunzerker is just ridiculous at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Played a bit of Warface today. This could be a pretty good game if not for the lag and the extremely loving cheap enemies with riot shields. They seem to only be in the game to take you out unexpectedly and piss you off that you have to watch your dumb teammates attempt to get to the next checkpoint. That and F2P games with no way to earn premium currency without spending real money are loving awful.

• Locked thread