Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catalina
May 20, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

Siren: Fine! I'll just take these home with me!
Teru: Nope. I'm confiscating them. I'll fix the mistakes myself.
Siren: (Does he always have to be so spiteful? But he seemed happy, at least!)

He... he did?

You can tell it more with the voice acting, but he's definitely affectionately teasing Siren about her less than great chocolate skills.
Source: Growing up with a sister about my age, where we would mercilessly look for openings to tease each other.

Tarou's route is completely awful. A PUA is a good analogy. His favorite stat is Charm, and he acts affectionate to girls to get them to go on dates with him, all while you have to pick responses that make the heroine completely oblivious to the fact that he's an rear end in a top hat with a whole, "I don't believe he's really like that!". Then when you get to third year, he dumps you with a "I just wanted to get a date with an underclassman off my list, sorry you were dumb." If you choose to pursue the relationship, the next thing you do is serve is be forced to serve tea in Cafe Alucard to him and his girlfriends for 180 days (lowering your stats tremendously), and keep getting events where he is an rear end in a top hat and you picking the "I still believe in him~!" option. I've never gone down the route past the dumping you at graduation event, but from what I've read, it eventually turns into a "You are an angel that loved me, even while I was the scum of the earth, and now I will change for you!"
Yeech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Mors Rattus posted:

rear end in a top hat dudes are a relatively common thing in shoujo. (And, for that matter, Western romance novels.)

Yeah, it's a thing in romance literature that seems to just stay around.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=202

Catalina
May 20, 2008

The funny thing about this run is that the best part has been getting to know Haruhi and Harry and getting them together.
Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side 2: Wingwoman Edition.

I'd say the guys in GS3 are more interesting, mainly because they have many more events and interactions that develop.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Tarezax posted:

He's been streaming Persona 5 lately

Yeah, I've seen notifications, and sometimes I see him on Steam. I really love his translation streams, but I wanna save Persona 5 to be a surprise when it comes out in English. :ohdear: All I know right now is there's a cat, a blond dude, and a blond girl, and I like it that way.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm unironically mad about its gender politics, but spoiler: it's extremely good.

So you're saying it's a Persona, then? :iamafag:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Tarezax posted:

You can hire a maid to clean your room. She's a social link and you can date her (I think)

She's also your teacher

Ahahahahaha! I debated mousing over the spoiler text, and I'm so glad I did. That sounds like it could go up there in Persona history along with Final Boss Hitler, and dateable bisexual robot death machine that goes to school with you and learns to love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

Sheep finished his Persona 5 stream last night. Here's my gender politics coda: I was wrong. Despite it starting bad and staying bad for a long time, and the whole romance system being completely poo poo, it does eventually land somewhere that's surprisingly good for any video game.

If you want to see the whole thing from the start, apparently he's doing a second run soon, the madman.

Thanks! I'm glad you came back to post an update! It actually influences my decision to preorder. I'm a female player who likes RPG's (For 20 years now!), and while it's not my primary motivator for buying or rejecting a game, that sort of stuff does have affect my buying decisions. I had the Premium Edition preordered and cancelled it and moved the game to my "Guess I'll play it some day when the price goes down" after I saw both your post and a promotional picture of a picture that I can only describe as Maximum Anime Leather Catsuit Tits and rear end!!! http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/27/atlus-introduces-persona-5s-ann-takamaki/ I guess I'll start up my preorder again. :) And maybe sneak a peak at the first gameplay hour on Sheep's stream, to get me even more excited for it.

• Locked thread