Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Level Slide posted:

poo poo, I'll be away from television during the premier. What are the odds on Toonami putting full episodes on Youtube?

Adult Swim/Toonami puts up episodes of all their shows up one day after they air on their site, and you can watch a live stream of the channel any time. However, availability to said videos/stream depends on your cable provider (you've gotta punch in your info with them) and the videos expire (generally after a month). Funimation (or your DVR)'s gonna be the best bet for putting up episodes for longer than that.

e: Or who knows, maybe they'll break tradition and host the videos for longer than that or for free or something entirely different. God knows this whole thing is out of the ordinary enough for them.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It is a shame about the openings/endings though. Us baka gaijins and our extended commmercials.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Doodles posted:

I don't have access to a TV tonight. Is anyone streaming it?

Adult Swim has a live stream. Gotta log in with your cable provider.

http://video.adultswim.com/watch-live/

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Too Lazy to Stop posted:

If Toonami makes time for Bleach's 90 second openings, I'd be pretty annoyed if they trimmed Space Dandy's.

They don't make time, they trim openings quite a bit. There was talk though earlier that they'd be making an exception for Dandy, but I guess we'll have to watch the subbed version to actually tell a difference? If it was trimmed, kudos to them for making it a really smooth cut.

e: Well poo poo, never mind I'm dead wrong.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 5, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elite posted:

Dandy does seem to have a pretty liberal definition of a useful crewmate though.

Well Dandy is... Dandy, and QT's OS is obsolete so his one real job with the crew (identifying unknown aliens) outside of the all-inclusive "play straight man to wild antics" has to be done with a book. The bar to entry on the crew is pretty low.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MEAT! posted:

Despite everything, Dandy is a p cool guy.

All I could think during that scene was "Man, whoever said something about this being Johnny Bravo in space was right."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm actually wondering if this won't even be a legitimate plot point eventually. I could see them pulling a Spike, where Dandy used to be someone important and competent before choosing to be, well...Dandy. That might even explain why he's being hunted, as he possesses either an item or knowledge that would be exceptionally dangerous.

He seems to possess a lot of unusually dangerous items, for example his supernova hula girl and his escape pod battle mech.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Come on Bandai, gimme the licensed hair gel and comb set so I can carefully take care of my pompadour!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of disappointed that there wasn't a Captain Falcon parody/homage, but I know he's more of a videogame guy and not a famous anime fella. Well, aside from THAT scene...

Great episode though. I love Meow as the worst ever pit crew.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I gotta give the Space Dandy writers for beating every single fanfic writer to the punch on creative language.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This one was weird because it seemed to be two episodes in one. The touching PUP plot seemed like its own episode, but then the wacky Native American aliens seemed like they could've just come from some other episode and the two plots didn't mesh really well to me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

swamp izzo posted:

The fleas lived on the dog.

I'm aware of that, I just mean the tone between the two halves of the episode didn't mesh that well because it kind of just shifted from "d'awww dog times" in the first half to "wacky alien antics" in the second half. Either one would've worked fine as its own episode to me, but put together just felt odd.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 24, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Symbolic Butt posted:

There's something amazingly captivating about Space Dandy characters.

I'm really curious now to see how the QT centered episode gonna be like.

Oh man, a QT episode would be so great. QT is easily my favorite character because of that auto-tuned voice and all the silly emoticon-faces.

"Wanna shoot me in the face and see if I wake up tomorrow?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HellCopter posted:

Is there a way to check the cast list? A friend wants to know who was the voice of Meow's dad.

Gogol it, idiot!
Apparently it's David Wald. Although I am going off Wikipedia, because IMDb doesn't have any detailed information for non-main characters.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That is criminally adorable and I would snap that up in a heartbeat if it were stateside.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Is that your FINAL Dandy?

e: And if anyone wants a tiny robo-game show host, here's the best I could do:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 23, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Steve Jorbs posted:

I cannot accept a version of the show without an auto tuned QT. :colbert:

Totally. When I read a review of the show before watching it (I forget where), the reviewer said the auto-tuning was annoying and I was set to dislike it but I was not prepared for how much I love the effect. It just works, y'know?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Frankly I'm just disappointed that after they said in one universe Dandy piloted a mobile suit, his QT wasn't a Haro.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No scene where Dandy runs late with toast in mouth, worst episode ever.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

It's not a parody of that kind of high school thing

I know

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

I hope it does.

And the last episode loops into the first episode

of cowboy bebop

"You see how Jet's a cat?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I feel like we're a couple fancy hats pompadours away from a cult now.

gently caress it, why not? We'll see where it goes.

ftfy

• Locked thread