Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

Beelzebozo posted:

Also I don't agree. BF3 was a bad game. I'm having a lot more fun with this one, bugs and all.

The maps for the most part are about a billion times better too. I don't think they're quite on BC2's level but besides Rogue Transmission (and really only with no wookie spotter helping me) I don't feel like any of them are run for 10 minutes and immediately die slogs.

edit
For Xboners, I've added or followed or whatever the gently caress it's called all the xbone goons on battlefieldgoons, so if you're lazy just use me as a metatag.

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

DiverTwig posted:

:siren:FOLLOWS DIRECTIONS! READS OP!:siren:

Hey I'm just trying to help, the xbone keyboard is a pain in the dick when you're trying to follow 30 people.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Is there any way to speed up the mortar reloading?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

That's what I thought, but I don't get a new mortar from it

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

As much as I hate wookies, mortaring isn't that much different and is awesome.

404notfound posted:

From this video, it looks like the guy just drops a new one without picking up the old one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoY5CGjgBgE&t=125s

Yeah, it never reloads, at least on the bone

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 6, 2013

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Wall-e double kill! But I'm one of them people that keeps their kinect unplugged so no video.

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 6, 2013

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Beelzebozo posted:

I saw it. I can vouch for the veracity of this claim. Sick EOD action on rush defense. Besny was doing work, y'all.

Sorry dude, crashed out of the game, crashed while loading the game, then my very first total bone crash all in a row

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Battlefield 3, BC2...

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Nah, just a bad :dice: joke

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

We won a lot more than we lost, and I went 13-0 with mortars one round. That's why

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

The only time I got countered was a dude that paddled me while I was hiding in a corner near my mortar, can't be angry about that one.

Chemmy, what's your youtube, I missed a lot of the funny poo poo while I was mortaring

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Chemmy posted:

Here's besny who loaded my bike up with SLAMs but they didn't go off so I improvised:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmPEF2DO4o

Still pissed I didn't get the kill on that

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

A couple of those close rounds were really loving fun. When this game works (and sometimes when it's hilariously broken) it's so good.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Ularg posted:

Edit: Apparently if you put a deployable that you can personally control like a SOFLAM in the capture radius of a point you can use it to capture that point remotely.

Step 1: Place SOFLAM inside the capture radius.
Step 2: Leave the area and do whatever.

Need to capture the objective back and your SOFLAM is still up?

Step 3: Find a place to hide real quick
Step 4: Swap to your SOFLAM and go into first person mode on the device.

Congratulations you are now capping the objective remotely.

Holy poo poo, need to try this with the mortar. This could be hilariously broken with 3 or 4 hidden mortars on a point.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Laserface posted:

then I say 'need medic' and nothing happens :dice:

It works fine if you shout it the way your character does if you select it on the commo wheel.

Please take video of you doing this.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Tasoth posted:

The infantry experience in BF4 is better than 3 and it's much harder for one good tanklord/skylord to completely shutdown a map by themselves.

This is true. The only time I seem to get crushed by air is when I'm not partied up and my team is made up of 31 wookies and me.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I would say that I did not get the better of this engagement. Well done sir.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CB519588B432A7C0!593&authkey=!AHGynP5JO1Cxb_M&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Maybe I'm an idiot but I can't figure this out, when I browse servers on the battlelog website it only shows them from 360, and it shows my soldier as the 360. I can get my xbone stats, I can see my xbone soldier, I just can't figure out how to browse xbone servers and show my bone soldier as the default.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Oh goddammit that's awkward, I had to click profile next to the xbox one soldier, then click set as active.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Holy poo poo, queueing works through battlelog

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Xbone party chat is amazing and sounds great as long as you are playing on a Wednesday and don't own any of the same games as anybody else in the party.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

It's only working for the EA official servers on xbone, as far as I can tell

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

When is the thread title going to get changed to Battlefield 4 Console: READ THE OP ARGGHGHGH gently caress ALL OF YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Crafty posted:

My Xbone got the update today. I'm not sure if it's just the placebo effect but it feels really good since. The guns feel like they actually hurt people when you shoot them and I didn't have any crashes, also felt like I was playing on a lower ping. Seemed to be less rubber banding too, but maybe I just got lucky with the server. The server browser definitely seemed to work better though.

As an aside: ping numbers would be nice, I know some console games do them. I don't think it's a mind blowing amount of info that console owners wouldn't be able to handle but it'd let me know how far I should be leading target or if I should find a different server

Battlelog shows ping numbers

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CB519588B432A7C0!594&authkey=!AMPNMqDIwj5L-z8&ithint=video%2c.mp4

I wish there were final killcams in this.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

He's good, he just got married, they're on their honeymoon right now
That's a philosophical question I can't answer for you. What is 15 bucks, really?
Yes

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I think I was commanding for yall either right before or right after Beelz, hope I actually helped.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

This was my day today:
:fella: Hmm, that firewall update bricked it
:fella: Better do it to the failover firewall just to be sure.

Let's shoot some mans to keep me from doing it in real life.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Sangre Yakuza just shout PENIS louder and louder and I'll let you know when we can hear you

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Are they really that bad? I need some high kdr games against Christmas nubs, mine has been hovering around .8 forever.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

If you start a boost with like 5 seconds left in a round, it takes barely any time off the boost and gives you full boost for that round.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Also the ACE 23 sounds a lot like the KLOBB

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

I'm not really sure about this. I had a 50% boost run out in the middle of the match, and slapped on a 100%.

I looked at my ribbons, and I saw the same ones going at 300 points from the beginning of the match, and I saw the same ones I got later on for 400 points.

I wasn't paying super close attention/recording it but yeah, I'm fairly certain it's per action.

It looks like it shows the actions at the correct rate, but the boost score at the end is what it would be if you had boosted the entire round.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I like playing locker over and over and over because I'm a scrub with no outdoor skills, I wrote a quick little lovely inefficient python script to poll the battlelog page and tell me what server's the newest so I don't join a game with 30 tickets left.

http://pastie.org/private/g3ug4o9xysa10b75mdxq

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

ARACHTION posted:

Am I missing something that's caused you guys to be unreserved douche bags?

I just wanted friends to play with. :)

Let me ask you something dude, and I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just helpful. Before you posted, did you read any other post in this thread?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

alansmithee posted:

As an aside, do snipers serve much of a purpose in modes outside of TDM? I know when I was doing a lot of Domination, one of the worst things for your chances of winning would be seeing your teammates spawn with sniper rifles. And I've not noticed them making much more impact in Conquest/Obliteration. The recon kit is very solid, but it just seems you're always going to be more useful with something else. Tbh if I didn't hate not having the guns unlocked I wouldn't even worry about trying to get better with sniper rifles.

I could make the case that they do on a few points in Rush. I never will, but I could.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Beelz you should just stick to editing the OP, reading the thread can't be good for your blood pressure

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Robot Danger posted:

And speaking of missiles: I finally got the chance to check out the Commander Mode after getting my first non-basic Kindle tablet for Christmas. Do you get the cruise missiles only after your team holds the majority of capture points?

It's not just Commander Mode, hit markers seem to be kind of broken in game as well. I'll be running around minding my own business and a couple hit markers will pop up for no reason. It doesn't happen often but it's often enough to notice and rule out any sort of residual explosives I might have planted.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

DICE posted:

ALERT! WE ARE TRACKING A CONNECTIVITY ISSUE ACROSS NUMEROUS PLATFORMS AND GAMES. THIS APPEARS TO AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO CONNECT AS WELL AS TO STAY CONNECTED. AS WE GET MORE INFO, THIS NOTICE WILL BE UPDATED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS WE WORK TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE AND GET YOU BACK INTO THE GAME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Oh god Lowtax don't follow me, I can't take the pressure

edit
And for all the NAT issues, seriously the easiest (and enterprise-grade best practice) thing to do is give it a static IP and add it to your modem / core router / gateway's DMZ. I could be assed to write a quick guide for this, if you really want.

• Locked thread