Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
Thank you for the thread, it is really interesting to read.

My husbands sister has just been diagnosed as Bipolar. She was just an average person with a long term boyfriend and a couple of kids until she hit 30 and then since then her life (and the whole families) has been completely insane. The stuff she's done and the way the different members of the family tried to deal with it has pretty much destroyed my husbands relationship with most of them and now she's been diagnosed I don't think he feels like he can forget all the stuff she's put them all through. We've called social work a few times to try and protect the children from her and the various abusive drug dealing boyfriends she's had in the last few years and hopefully now there's a diagnosis they can at least work on getting her into a position where she can provide more stability for them.

It worries me a bit though, all the women on his side of the family have some kind of mental illness or another (with a lot of them having been commited at various points) and we've just had a daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread