Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Episode 2 was a lot better than the first (I'll be honest, in the first episode, Rick was pretty unbearable with the burps and slurs).

I'm on board, show is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

My DVR refused to record this episode for some reason...

But it was awesome. I don't know why, but I look forward to this show each week more than almost any other I'm watching right now. It really has this season 2 Futurama vibe, it's very weird and every joke seems to hit the mark.

When I first heard they were making a show from the Doc & Mharti sketch, I was for sure not going to be interested... I really, really dig this show.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

edited out

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

My DVR decided this wasn't a new episode. Thankfully I caught it and manually recorded. What the gently caress, Cox?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

That is the darkest loving ending of anything, ever.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Did anyone else think the animation looked a lot smoother this episode? It looked fantastic.

This was a great episode. Tough to match up to last week. But Jesus, that ending was phenomenal.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Well, when you're the last non-Cronenberg man on earth, you're bound to be pretty alright.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.vulture.com/2014/01/dan-harmon-rick-and-morty-ratings-hit.html

Sometimes science is more art than science. Looks like we're going to be getting some more Rick and Morty. Congrats dude in this thread who colors it.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Last Chance posted:

The only thing that throws a wrench into the Rick is Morty speculation (it is speculation, not a spoiler) is that the creators have said that they aren't going to do time travel stories.

I think it's more plausible that Rick cloned himself and injected the embryo into his daughter.

I can't believe I just wrote that.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

COX says it's a rerun of Goldenfold Inception, but my guide hasn't marked an episode as new since last year, so who knows... I hit the Record button just in case, 9:30 CT.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Considering how dark the show has gotten already, the promise of it getting "worse" excites me. Does that make me a bad person?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Eifert Posting posted:

"Mr. Meeseeks, please sit here and count to infinity."

"Mr. Meeseeks, please count to 10 by 3's."

Wait, would happen if you gave a Meeseek's an impossible task?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Last Chance posted:

I think they explored something similar to this in an episode of Rick and Morty.

But in the episode, killing Jerry solved the request, which made it possible. A hypothetically impossible task, like counting to 10 by threes, would not be resolved by killing the person who asked them to do it.

This hiatus has gone on far too long...

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

So basic math isn't my strong suit.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Who do we petition for a Council of Ricks gang tag?

I hope the wait between seasons isn't too bad. We're not even a week out of the finale and I'm already jonesing for more. Time to rewatch it, I guess...

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Crossposting from the miniatures thread...

Our D&D group is doing a short Deadlands campaign, and I was short on character ideas since it's not my favorite genre... So I decided to introduce Rick Sanchez to the Weird West.

As a Mad Scientist (one of the classes in Deadlands) he'll be building contraptions designed to return him to his mysterious home, a parallel dimension. With only a wiry young mule named Morty, Rick's huffed so much Ghost Rock he's turned gray and his hair blue.

Anyway, that's a thing. Couldn't get the lighting right on the picture, but whatever.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Chexoid posted:

I actually did a little clap when I heard it was Dan Harmon doing Ice T. Finally listening to Harmontown pays off.

But he never said "It's not personal, it's bissniss."

BOOOO

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Does anyone know of a site that pulls audio mp3s from R&M? I need "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT" to be my text message notification...

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Much Obliged gently caress you!

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Inkspot posted:

You're welcome. Blow me.

And, if we're gonna post clips from Harmontown, let's at least post the best one.

Any chance you could grab "DISQUALIFIED" as well?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

I expect season 3 to start with Rick back in the scene, only to have it revealed in the finale that Rick Prime (c137 or whatever) is still in Galactic Prison, all at the behest of evil Morty.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Kinda, but not quite--They'd decided from the beginning that they weren't going to do any big-reveal "and that's how THIS became the way it was!" episodes, but that they had a big secret (probably more) in mind for the backstory, and someone on reddit figured it out and they were like "well good thing we didn't hang any hopes on blowing minds with a big reveal"

Here's the interview you're talking about (relevant part bolded):

http://www.avclub.com/article/theres-one-secret-rick-and-morty-guys-will-never-r-222269

They're almost certainly talking about the Evil Morty theory.

I think it's more likely the "every episode is a different Rick & Morty from the multiverse" theory. Which allows them really loose rules on continuity

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

FireWorksWell posted:

Since the season ended, I figure we could have a little survey.

What's your favorite episode in the show's run thus far, and why?

Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind and Something Ricked This Way Comes are great. Morty Night Run is good too.

Who's your favorite side character?

Bird Person or Mr. Meeseeks

Do you have a favorite joke/gag/line from the show?

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
and
Caaaaaan Doooo!

What's your least favorite episode, and what could have been done to redeem it in your eyes?

The Rixty Minutes sequel. It was charming the first time, but going back to the well was a mistake. I know some people dig Roiland's improv, but I don't. He needs to be kept in check.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

It's really cool that everyone has a different favorite episode.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Brightman posted:

Mostly, there seems to be some blatant tiering going on, a lot of people list Total Rickall, Meeseeks and Destory, Rick Potion #9, Rixity Minutes, and The Ricks Must Be Crazy as favorites and then the least favorites tend to be Interdimensional Cable 2, Get Schwifty, and the Pilot I guess. Lot of outliers though, yeah. Personally I feel like a lot of the season 2 episodes are really solid but not top tier but it's easy to argue about it. Like Mortynight Run is really good, but is it top tier good? Maybe, it seems to be a favorite quite a bit too actually.

Also I forgot about Abradolf Lincler, he might actually be my favorite side character and I guess Butterbot could be a gag instead, I dunno.

I mean, just at a cursory glance, there appears to be a lot of parity between favorites and least favorites. Many episodes have appeared on both ends of the spectrum from different users. I think that's pretty cool.

• Locked thread