Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Rockopolis posted:

To be fair, Char Aznable sounds like a made up name, too. Because it is.

Casval Rem Deikun ("The son of Zeon!") doesn't sound like a very serious name, either. I don't blame him for going by Char Aznable with a birth name like that.

Not that that explains how he came up with Quattro Bajeena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Redeye Flight posted:

The original Mobile Suit Gundam. It's what forms the basis for the One Year War, which is what this game is depicting.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. I've wanted to actually try watching Gundam but I wasn't sure if there was a reccomended starting point. Thanks as well Omni.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Quick question is unicorn in the newer version of these games?

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009
Pilots and mechs, yes. Plot, no.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Jegan posted:

Unicorn's weird for me. I loved it, but I stopped watching after ep 4 out of 7 and just never got around to finishing it. I should do that at some point. I'm ashamed to admit that I got really happy when Bright Noa had his 15 second cameo.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
More concisely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c30IcxtrnU

HereticKannon
Jun 3, 2012
Do you guys suggest the subtitled or english-voiced version of Mobile Suit Gundam? Is is just personal preference as with most anime? I'd like to get caught up with the storyline as well.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I'm pretty sure the original TV series is not available subtitled, so that pretty much settles the score on that front.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HereticKannon posted:

Do you guys suggest the subtitled or english-voiced version of Mobile Suit Gundam? Is is just personal preference as with most anime? I'd like to get caught up with the storyline as well.

The Japanese version has some excellent voice actors so in general it is the one to watch if you don't mind Japanese voice acting. The English dub is all the same dudes you've heard in every other video game on the market so if you don't mind that kind of tone/prefer English, it isn't unwatchable but y'know. They also switch actors around for the dubs of the sequel series so that might annoy you if you go for that.

CornishGH
Dec 20, 2013

MechaCrash posted:

I'm pretty sure the original TV series is not available subtitled, so that pretty much settles the score on that front.

It's absolutely available subtitled, it's just that the DVDs are out of print. I'd recommend doing whatever it takes to watch it subtitled. The dub has a good Char Aznable but that's about it, and some of the translation decisions they made are absolutely insane, like the Black Tri-Stars sounding like the Dukes of Hazzard.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Wait, they're not supposed to be hillbilly fighter aces?

CornishGH
Dec 20, 2013

Rockopolis posted:

Wait, they're not supposed to be hillbilly fighter aces?

I heard Ortega is Nicaraguan, and Gaia's first name is Miguel so not really. I don't think their Japanese dialogue even has an accent of any kind, so its just sort of a totally bizarre and off the cuff decision overall.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really like the idea that they were just a couple of good old boy space colony hicks who happened to be really good pilots.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

CornishGH posted:

I don't think their Japanese dialogue even has an accent of any kind, so its just sort of a totally bizarre and off the cuff decision overall.

Really? IIRC they had Kansai accents in the original and the dubbers thought that Alabama was the best analogue they could come up with.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
I actually prefer the dub over the sub, personally. But this is a conversation best had in the Gundam megathread in ADTRW.

CornishGH
Dec 20, 2013

Tobias Grant posted:

I actually prefer the dub over the sub, personally. But this is a conversation best had in the Gundam megathread in ADTRW.

Fair enough. Dub Char is really, really very good.

Also, since you're playing Zeon, we'll (maybe) get to see the best conversations in the game, where Char/Quattro makes the "because he was a stupid boy" diss to Garma every time he sees him for like 15 years. Axis is about to fall on Zeonic earth and Char can't resist calling Garma a noob one last time. The only better one is the conversations Job John has with the crew of White Base in the Zeta era where none of them remember who he is.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Rockopolis posted:

To be fair, Char Aznable sounds like a made up name, too. Because it is.

Not quite, it's a mild corruption of the totally real Charles Aznavour.

Anyway, an LP about Giren's Greed? Think I'll lurk a while. I've been intrigued by the series for a long time but never played it because Language Barrier.

Patter Song posted:

Unicorn's weird for me. I loved it, but I stopped watching after ep 4 out of 7 and just never got around to finishing it. I should do that at some point. I'm ashamed to admit that I got really happy when Bright Noa had his 15 second cameo.

You should watch ep 5, he's the driving force for about half of it.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Jegan posted:

Ok thanks.

Patter Song posted:

I liked it, any UC gundam in this day and age is always nice to me.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Jegan posted:

Similar to how Threat of Axis V has mechs from Hathaway's flash, but no plot from it. Which is probably for the best in the case of Flash.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
Is there a way to tell which units have sensors?

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Xmas Future posted:

Is there a way to tell which units have sensors?

Sensors is listed on the units stats. Sensors are ranked as D(I.e. no sensors), C (can scan one hex away), B (2 hex scan), A (3 hex scan) and S (4 hex scan). Most commander and Ace custom suits have C rank sensors, and only capital ships and special units have the higher rank sensors.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Patter Song posted:

That point will have to be sometime in late May, as it hasn't even finished coming out yet :v:

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Now that we've captured Odessa we can now attack the next two bases on our list, California and New YarkYork.

First thing I do is scrap all of the used HLVs for a very nice amount of material.

Next I upgrade most of Garma's attack force into Dodai mounted J-types. Both California and New York have tons of mountainous terrain and I'm going to need their flight capabilities so I can end both of the battles as quickly as possible.

The rest of my spare material goes into building new units in Odessa.

Now to just give the order, and begin my attack!

Nothing much in space. A couple of drops, and my space fleet moving in to defend the neutral ground.

Garma and Char are moving in to capture New York, and Ramba Ral and Norris are moving to take California. I have the Black Tri-Stars moving to support Dell, and move what Zaku squads I have that are still in decent condition to move out and take the territory around Odessa.

Time to Fight It Out!

This time instead of going for a full rout, I'm instead going to try and capture the territory by taking all of the supply bases. The dodai riders will spread out while Ramba/Norris charge right down the middle.

On Enemy Phase turn two, The Federation moves to attack.

Neither of their attempts fared well.

Three bases down, four to go.

Ramba Ral and Norris continue moving down the center, destroying all who oppose them.

Not even tanks will slow them down! :black101:

Here's how the battle ended when the turn limit hit. Just two more bases to go.

Now for New York.

A whole mess of bombers, with a couple of tanks and fighters mixed in. Shouldn't be a problem if I'm careful. Since there is a supply base in the middle of the ocean, I have to destroy all enemies to win.

Like before, the Feds are the ones who attack first.

And also like before, it didn't end well for them.

and here is where I get overly confident, and send Garma and Char up too far.

It doesn't help that Cucuruz Doan can't shoot for poo poo.

:gonk:

:stare: I cannot believe Char managed to survive that.

I send Char and Garma back for immediate repairs, and attempt to destroy the bombers that could threaten them.

I would have appreciated it if they shot down the last bomber, but otherwise I'm happy with the results.

Cucuruz Doan might be more useless in the Ramba Ral custom Zaku than I thought he would be, but at least he makes for a decent distraction.

Meanwhile, a Tin Cod comes out of nowhere and shoots down another Zaku.

The last turn is just me sending the weakened units back for repairs, so nothing major really happened other than me losing another Zaku here.

Nothing happened.

My original plan was for Dell to retreat since I expected the tanks and bombers to all hunt him down, but apparently the arrival of the Black Tri-Stars was enough to force them to head for the center base. Now all Dell has to deal with is a single bomber squad.

Something he easily takes care of.

Other than that, nothing really important happened.

The only thing left here are two Medeas.

Correction, one Medea.

The last Medea wisely chose to retreat.

A similar thing happened here. Only one Medea was around to try and stop me

It also ran for its life.

Time for a strategic mistake on my part.

See those Submarines? Technically we first encountered them at California, but this is the first time we are forced to deal with them since at California they could just be ignored. At this moment, the only thing we have that can actually attack them are Dodai riders, something Odessa doesn't currently have.

I instead decide to retreat rather than waste my time. This is going to come back and bite me in the rear end later.

There's a similar problem here. Subs and no Dodai riders to attack them with.

This time I just sit on a nearby base and wait for my J-types to finish.

And my plan to box in the Feds in space is a success and Side 6 remains neutral!

A bunch of Salamis cruisers? Salamis ships are worthless so this won't take long.

Also Ghiren is finally participating in a battle. Honestly, his ship alone could easily defeat the Federation fleet.

And Delaz gets to meet his hero.

Minovsky is spread, and I await the Federation attack.

It's here that I remember that most of my ships are still damaged from the last battle, since instead of giving them a turn to repair themselves I immediately sent them out to the next battle.

Thankfully, the Minovsky prevents my units from suffering any major damage.

Thanks to all the Minovsky being spread around, getting scans is difficult. I do get a few clear readings, though.

I even meet an old friend! I don't know if being a captain of a Salamis ship is a step up or a step down from being a Medea pilot, though.

My attacks are focused on the revealed ships for maximum damage. One ship manages to survive.

Matilda, though, is sent right back to the hospital.

The Federation than starts making a full retreat after losing only a single ship. Cowards!

I scan a couple more of them, and, well...

Sorry about shooting down your fiancee right in front of you, Woody!

Hopefully they'll put you and Matilda in the same hospital.

Eventually, all that's left is this guy. Everyone else was either shot down or ran.

Space is all but mine!

--TURN FIVE--

Our Fanfan is done.

As I mentioned before, the Fanfan is extremely weak, but also very cheap and make great garrison fodder, which is exactly what we need right now.

Our research levels also reach level two! Next turn we're going to have a whole bunch of new toys to develop.

Our resources are used to remodel a couple of Zakus into Dodai riders. The rest is used to make Fanfans.

And here is how we stand as of Turn Five. We've made some significant progress in the last couple of turns, and once we capture California and New York, our resource acquisition might actually overtake the Federation's.

Up in space, I move my main forces back a bit. I'll explain why in the next update, but it's mostly to exploit the AI and how it handles invading hostile territories.

I also finally discover the Arrow Line option in Paint.NET. No longer will you be forced to suffer from my awful scribble arrows! :v:

On the ground I'm making a push into Africa because that's where I'll be heading for next after I conquer North America.

Time to finish off California.

A couple of reinforcements, but they won't matter in the long run.

They're really not much to say about this battle, since almost none of the Feddie troops could actually hurt me.

Monsha is a bit of a dick, though, and almost prevents me from capturing the last base before the turn limit was up.

Dick.

A sub blows up a Zaku in retaliation, and I capture the last base.

This isn't a good picture of it, but if you capture all of the supply bases, than any enemy unit that is still on the map will self-destruct.

I send one of my guys back for repairs in case this battle ends up longer than I had planned.

Now I just have to clean up what units are left.

Honestly, I probably didn't need to send that guy back.

Char and Garma get the honor of destroying the last unit.

Oh boy. This was a very close one.

First, one of the fleeing Medeas showed up because it fled into contested territory.

Anyway, I move my sole Zaku squad up, when the tanks did something I didn't expect.

They left their base and attacked me!

Oh crap. I have vastly underestimate these tanks.

And now I have to make a decision. I could try and retreat the Zakus, but the tanks will likely just catch up with me, ultimately accomplishing nothing. Attacking, however, seemed like suicide and would potentially cause my first loss.

In the end, I decide to go out like a man! :black101:

Getting close...

:ohdear:

:black101:

Once again, I am amazed at a units survival against the odds. If the tanks had stayed parked on the base, I would have lost.

Since the only thing left was this Medea and I still had a few turns to kill, I pass the time by chasing after it.

As before, the Feds left their nice cozy base to attack me. Nothing really came out of the engagement except a few dead tanks.

Now here's what happen if you have the Black Tri-stars in the same stack, and have them attack someone.

"Ortega, Mash! Launch a Jet-Stream Attack!"

:allears:

Now that the Black Tri-Stars are here, The enemy has started to flee.

That's what I like to see.

Here, I made a mistake and forgot to send my Dodai riders over here as reinforcements. :sweatdrop:

As a result, I couldn't really do anything without the risk of losing dudes to submarine bombardments.

Now for the last battle of the turn.

Not much here to fight.

And since I haven't shown it off, here is the button for getting on/off of a Dodai mid-battle.

There's really nothing to mention during this battle, since everything is so spread apart. I did manage to destroy a Sabrefish and Fly Manta squad before the battle ended.

As long as this place isn't reinforced, I should have a nice foothold for my Invasion of Kilimanjaro by the end of next turn.

Although I may take a few turns to solidify my position. Odessa is looking a bit exposed at the moment...

Tobias Grant fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 4, 2014

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Ooooh, tech level 2. Goufs, all the time every time.

Great campaign so far. Can't wait until you start to diverge from history and take over Jaburo.

Also, is it possible to run a bunch of weird Mobile Suits from all the MSV stuff like the Efreet and the Pezun Dowadge? For a bit of a challenge.

TNG fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 30, 2013

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

TNG posted:

Ooooh, tech level 2. Goufs, all the time every time.

Great campaign so far. Can't wait until you start to diverge from history and take over Jaburo.

Also, is it possible to run a bunch of weird Mobile Suits from all the MSV stuff like the Efreet and the Pezun Dowadge? For a bit of a challenge.

The efreet is frankly unfair it is so awesome.

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012
Nothing's STOPPING you from deploying whatever suits you want wherever you want if you can build it. Makes for some fun battlefields like Tobias has been showing.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009
You're using up a lot of resources with your constant upgrades. Zaku I are worth 900, Zaku IIC are worth 1350, but upgrading a I to a IIC costs 730. A IIF costs 1200 resources, but upgrading from a IIC costs 460. IIJ 1350, upgrading from a IIF costs 620.

Obviously you're still doing well, but that's a lot of resources disappearing into the aether.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Jegan posted:

You're using up a lot of resources with your constant upgrades. Zaku I are worth 900, Zaku IIC are worth 1350, but upgrading a I to a IIC costs 730. A IIF costs 1200 resources, but upgrading from a IIC costs 460. IIJ 1350, upgrading from a IIF costs 620.

Obviously you're still doing well, but that's a lot of resources disappearing into the aether.

Building new units may be cheaper, but that would require me to wait for them to finish building. Upgrading, however, gives me the unit I need right when I need it. Which is great for Zeon because they need to press that early MS advantage as hard as they possibly can and to always keep on the offensive, at least until they have Kilimanjaro.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tobias Grant posted:

Building new units may be cheaper, but that would require me to wait for them to finish building. Upgrading, however, gives me the unit I need right when I need it. Which is great for Zeon because they need to press that early MS advantage as hard as they possibly can and to always keep on the offensive, at least until they have Kilimanjaro.

My biggest problem with this is something you have managed to avoid so far: subs in an area that you cannot capture all the supply bases without water units of your own. More often than not I end up with a sub in new yark, causing my invasion to ground to a halt until I can deal with them.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

My biggest problem with this is something you have managed to avoid so far: subs in an area that you cannot capture all the supply bases without water units of your own. More often than not I end up with a sub in new yark, causing my invasion to ground to a halt until I can deal with them.

If you don't mind repurposing Zaku I HLVs, you can build 2 stacks of Dodai on turn 1, and have them just outside New Yark by turn 4. You might want the Zaku IIJ Dodai though, if you have the resources.

Tobias Grant posted:

Yeah, I can understand that. Really, money is more important than resources at this point anyway, and upgrades cost less money than buying new MS.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

After capturing New York and California, The next base on our domination list (Kilimanjaro in Africa) is now open for invasion. It's gonna be a while before I'm actually ready to do so, though.

And since we've reached the next tech level, an explosion of new suits are now available for development.

Three new Zaku variants.

Our own tanks.

A new Musai.

And for a suit I'm sure a lot of you were waiting for, the Prototype Gouf!

There was also a submarine that's available, but I seem to have lost the screenshot for it.

Now that we've gone up a tech level, investing into research is now more expensive. The rate that the cost goes up per level is always 100/200/400.

I only had enough cash to double up the development cost on the Prototype Gouf, but I want access to Goufs ASAP. If I hadn't stumbled upon the Fanfan, I would have definitely rushed the tanks as well.

Now let's talk about how I have space totally under my control. You see, the AI is kinda dumb and will send troops into an area based on how many units you currently have stationed there. So in order to take advantage of this, I put a single Gattle squad in most of my territories so that when the Feds finally decide to go on the offensive, they will only send one or two units instead of a much larger force that may potentially cause massive casualties. Should an area be in danger, I can always send reinforcements from the neighboring areas on the next turn to ensure my victory. The only exception to this is Ghiren who is holding the line between Luna 2 and the neutral colony, but he has a couple of Zaku squads with him so he's fine.

On the surface, Odessa is looking extremely exposed right now. I'm going to have to do something about this immediately.

I send a small scouting force to the problem area to look it over. Hopefully it won't be anything too threatening.

Nothing much happened here. I do get to demonstrate the Dodai's range when engaging ground forces.

...Huh, seems like some of the units moved up to cover the unprotected territory to the north.

Only four units that are capable of attacking grounded Zakus. This should be simple.

On turn four, they're close enough for me to attack.

Nice.

The Feds attempt a weak counter attack that only serves to weaken them more.

Well, if things continue on like this, than Odessa should be secure.

Now it's time to get some payback on those loving subs.

It is a great feeling to finally attack these blasted subs.

It takes the rest of the battle, but we finally manage to destroy one.

Nothing worth mentioning happened.

And now, The Federation begins it's attack! The circled areas are the ones that the Federation is trying to invade.

On normal difficulty, the game gives you a grace period of five turns before the enemy is allowed to attack you, so once you hit turn 5, you need to start preparing your defenses or risk losing all of the ground you fought so hard for.

For these two battles, nothing happened other than the Federation's lone Salamis moving towards whatever unit I had occupying the area.

This, however, is the space that Ghiren himself is protecting.

And it's against a fleet that might actually be dangerous. Three Sabrefish squads, Two Salamis, and a Magellan ship.

I want to end this battle as soon as possible, so the first thing I do is move Ghiren over the supply base closest to the enemy. I don't want them to set up a repair point and prolong this battle. Second thing I do is attempt to wipe out the Sabrefish ASAP. Ghiren's Gwazine is extremely powerful, but it has a major weakness in that it has absolutely no range-1 weapons, so those Sabrefish present a major threat.

Also, this guy is the captain of the Magellan.

Ghiren is extremely effective when captaining the Gwazine. If there wasn't Minovsky everywhere, and if that ship was scanned, I have no doubts that Ghiren could have one-shot that Salamis.

Not to happy about our losses, but those Sabrefish have got to be destroyed ASAP.

The Two Salamis ships target the Zakus, and eliminate Gato's squad.

Meanwhile, the four remaining Sabrefish annoy the Gwazin so that it can't return fire on the Magellan. If a unit is attacking another in melee(range-1), than the defending unit is forced to either defend, or attack the unit in melee.

Turn Three, and all of the Sabrefish are destroyed. I don't feel to good about Kelly's chances of survival though...

Ghiren and the Magellan continue trading fire.

Welp, can't say that I didn't see this coming. Kelly got shot down by a lone Salamis.

It's okay, though, because Ghiren shot down the Magellan.

Skipping to the last turn, Just two ships remain. I have our remaining Zaku squad attack the closest ship, and have Ghiren attack the furthest.

One down.

Two down!

Not too happy about losing two Zaku squads, but I suppose it was worth it to destroy three ships.

Sorry about the short length, but the next turn is chock full of stuff and it would have made this update extremely bloated if I tried to keep both turns in a single update.

Tobias Grant fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 5, 2014

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Mm, this game can get very bloated with how many battles that can be going on at once when it comes to updating.

Now on the plus side Goufs are on their way, and Goufs are a definite upgrade over the Zaku's. On the other hand Goufs are ground limited units... which is actually perfectly fine for Zeon, since 99% of their campaign is on earth (Meanwhile the Federations has to really worry about space in the late game).

Once the Dom arrives though... hoo boy.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gaaaaaaatooooo!

So when you lose aces in combat, do they die? Did we just lose Anavel Gato?

Or will he pop back up again in a new suit in time to be the Nightmare of Solomon?

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012
You don't lose named characters outside of plot-induced deaths. If they get shot down, they have a rest period where they're out of commission for a certain amount of turns (not sure how many). Then you're free to redeploy them wherever you want.

As for Gato, would this make him more the Nightmare of...Luna II? The Approach to Side 6? Either way, the Battle of Solomon is not very likely to happen in this timeline...

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Basarin posted:

You don't lose named characters outside of plot-induced deaths. If they get shot down, they have a rest period where they're out of commission for a certain amount of turns (not sure how many). Then you're free to redeploy them wherever you want.

As for Gato, would this make him more the Nightmare of...Luna II? The Approach to Side 6? Either way, the Battle of Solomon is not very likely to happen in this timeline...

To be fair, as I showed earlier in the thread, the battle of solomon is not likely to happen in the federation timeline either.

Also, Everyone mistakes Johnny Ridden for Char, except for Captain Paolo for the Federation who's battle quote is essentially "It's X! RUN THE gently caress AWAY!"

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Onmi posted:

Mm, this game can get very bloated with how many battles that can be going on at once when it comes to updating.

Yeah, I'm trying to find ways to make the battles go faster or try to add some more interesting commentary. Hopefully once the Federation starts pumping our Mobile Suits, the battles will become much more interesting.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Do you intend to actually use the prototype gouf? It isn't actually necessary to research for the mass produced versions.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
What is that second Zaku Variant you unlocked? I've never seen it before.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

Do you intend to actually use the prototype gouf? It isn't actually necessary to research for the mass produced versions.

It's not? I just got it because once it's done I get access to the MS-07A.

I'll probably just hand over the free one to either Doan or Nimbus and never make another one.

Stallion Cabana posted:

The variants are Desert, Cannon and Marine, respectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basarin
Oct 15, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Looks like the Zaku Cannon, a variant of the MS-06J (Ground Type). Not a bad suit for this time of the war, it's a nice long range option. (The last one looks like a Marine Zaku?)

And in Tobias' defense, the pace of the early war is pretty much how it went in canon (though he's definitely ahead of schedule). The Feds are going to get curbstomped until their MS development program actually goes anywhere.

• Locked thread