Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No.

You should not be swayed by the introduction of their tank with arms, continue with purity in form. Two legs good, no legs bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Where are all the enemy units? They apparently outnumber us, but you seem to have an awful lot of map control.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Meaty Ore posted:

The asteroid belt is beyond Mars and they would take too long to get within usable range. His dad also signed a treaty that bans dropping poo poo on Earth as well as using nuclear weapons; so as long as he's in charge, Gihren has to play somewhat by the rules. And any practical conventional artillery launched from orbit would burn up in the atmosphere before reaching its target.

You wouldn't use conventional artillery, you'd be using rods from god. Drop a ten tonne rod of Tungsten (surprisingly small) and it hits like a pocket-nuke.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've played similar games, and it just seems to be the way they're always referred to. They're always MAP attacks, even when characters are talking about them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
According to this, MAPW stands for "Mass Amplitude Preemptive-strike Weapon".

So it's a bacronym.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We need them to breech the impenetrable fortress that our normal suits wouldn't be very effective against due to terrain and poo poo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Experiment until you "discover what's being done", and then publicly denounce and stop it while making a grandiose speech about how there must be ethical limits on scientific advancement, in the hope of winning over the people. (option 2)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Then you have to wait for them to grow up. Weird abominations of science and mysticism are much faster.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Solar power is good for the environment. How could we say no?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kill all the people.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The dude is obviously a Hitler. We are being not-Hitler, so we need to follow whichever path results in the least Hitlers.

Kill that guy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If we get all three, we can use that one as the execution suit.

vvv - Well that's even better. It can find the biggest concentration of enemies and disperse particles to announce its presence.

goatface fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 29, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can you win the game using nothing but starting units and Gundams? No GMs, just gundams, poo poo tanks, poo poo planes and poo poo spacecraft.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yes because why not? and Gelgoog because it is fun to say.

Gelgoooooooog

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Look, being underwater is just like being in space, and it covers 70% of the Earth's surface. Of course you're going to spend most of your money focusing on that environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Squid have tentacles, they do fine. What have you got against the cephalopods? Why you gotta be so anthropocentric?

• Locked thread