Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Voting for Zeon because why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Agent Interrobang posted:

Now that we've seen Norris Packard in action, albeit briefly, I'm gonna go into why he's cool.

Remember how I said 08th MS Team was about The Other Guys of the One Year War? It follows a squad of Feddie pilots in jury-rigged RX-79 Gundams, trying to hold out against the Zeon during the Battle of Earth. Whereas most Gundam is high-flying Top Gun aces-and-heroes stuff that focuses more on the drama of rivalry between pilots and vast political intrigue, 08th MS Team is all about gritty infantry warfare where there's not much glory, just a lot of bullshit to be shoveled. The heroes are competent, but not amazing ace god-slayers like most of the protags in other Gundam shows. And then you have Norris Packard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4vObEQUAA

You see, Norris Packard exists, largely, to show the difference between 'competent soldiers' and 'genuine Mobile Suit ace.' :black101:

Man I love the 08th team so much, one of my favorite gundam series growing up.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Quick question is unicorn in the newer version of these games?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Jegan posted:

Pilots and mechs, yes. Plot, no.
Ok thanks.

Patter Song posted:

Unicorn's weird for me. I loved it, but I stopped watching after ep 4 out of 7 and just never got around to finishing it. I should do that at some point. I'm ashamed to admit that I got really happy when Bright Noa had his 15 second cameo.

I liked it, any UC gundam in this day and age is always nice to me.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Voting for yes.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Voting for no.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Voting No because breaking canon is what this game is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Voting no for this one.

• Locked thread