Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I think this Oglaf comic got it right. This particular comic is work safe, but the site in general isn't :nws: http://oglaf.com/scheherazade/ :nws: (the page ads might not be work safe either).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Rubbergoose posted:

Shoo. Go away.

This was the worst FPS I have ever played.

Rubbergoose
Jul 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

This was the worst FPS I have ever played.

Agreed, the graphics were too realistic. The fat hamfists hit really close to home for me :(

Neruz posted:

If I remember correctly the plan is to just keep telling stories so the king wants to hear what happens next more than he wants to behead her. Not exactly a great plan but it does turns out to be surprisingly effective.

Spoiler that poo poo rear end in a top hat. I'm only half-joking

Rubbergoose fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 10, 2014

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?
Thank You OP! Amazing thread.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Muscle Wizard posted:

gas this stupid loving thread

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Germstore posted:

I think this Oglaf comic got it right. This particular comic is work safe, but the site in general isn't :nws: http://oglaf.com/scheherazade/ :nws: (the page ads might not be work safe either).

drat i don't check oglaf nearly enough, now there's all these fukkin backpages

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Muscle Wizard posted:

gas this stupid loving thread

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Muscle Wizard posted:

5-d, but Gas this stupid loving thread, please. [comment redacted for GBS 1.3 compliance]

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gas anyone who says gas the thread

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Spiffo posted:

gas anyone who says gas the thread

You just said 'gas the thread'

gently caress so did I.

Corridor posted:

drat i don't check oglaf nearly enough, now there's all these fukkin backpages

It updates weekly, every sunday\monday depending on what timezone you're in, if you want to keep track of updates in the future (which you should because oglaf is great)

Strict Picnic
Feb 10, 2013

by Ralp
:D I'll squeeze out another update when I get the chance. I just wanted to thank everyone for their appreciation and input, and super thanks to whoever gave me plat, and thanks to the haters, 'cause it's pretty cool to have haters.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Strict Picnic posted:

:D I'll squeeze out another update when I get the chance. I just wanted to thank everyone for their appreciation and input, and super thanks to whoever gave me plat, and thanks to the haters, 'cause it's pretty cool to have haters.

I like this guy

ZoMBiePiGGy
Mar 26, 2007
Who put my stapler in jello!?!?
I got my girlfriend a 150 year old Arabian Nights Entertainment book for Christmas. Next year I'm just going to print this thread.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Please gas me, it is my fetish

Priestess Cashmere
Oct 9, 2012

Yikesaroo
Came in here hoping for Peter Cetera, but staying for the awesome.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Germstore posted:

There's even a sequel, which is super-:nws: and super-gay: http://oglaf.com/2arabian/

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thread owns.

Any chance I could get this in a larger size for my desktop?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Jake Blues posted:

Thread owns.

Any chance I could get this in a larger size for my desktop?

here ya go boss

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.
I like these stories as they are relatable to me in my suburban life so 5.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

this owns and soundtrack for the thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQNymNaTr-Y&t=19s

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
This thread is good because I think I was away the day we did this at school.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
By Allah, I will hear more about this bitchin' thread!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
halllah gay thread more like :smug:

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
Nights teaches us valuable lessons that still hold true today.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Captain Muffin posted:

This thread is good because I think I was away the day we did this at school.

You read this in school? Um, isn't there a fuckton of rape and bestiality in this?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

ChaosSamusX posted:

You read this in school? Um, isn't there a fuckton of rape and bestiality in this?

Yep! And it's frequently studied in high school english\literature classes!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

drat that homeless drunk guy is an excellent conductor!

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp

gnarlyhotep posted:

drat that homeless drunk guy is an excellent conductor!

He looks like he spent the previous night locked in a room filled with Indian food and stool condensers.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
everybody wants to be tom waits

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

ChaosSamusX posted:

Yeah I remember we had a teacher read us an edited version in like the sixth grade. I don't even remember how they managed to clean up a story where the entire premise is a king loving and killing a virgin every day.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sartana posted:

Yeah I remember we had a teacher read us an edited version in like the sixth grade. I don't even remember how they managed to clean up a story where the entire premise is a king loving and killing a virgin every day.

Just leave out the loving and throw them in to the dungeon and it's A-OK.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Lurking Haro posted:

Just leave out the loving and throw them in to the dungeon and it's A-OK.

The loving is like half the book.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Sartana posted:

You think eleven year olds are that delicate? It's fine! If a teacher says, "The king returned home unexpectedly and found another man in bed with the queen. In a fury, he killed them both," what do you think those darling little chidren are going to say? Do you imagine one's going to say, "People can kill each other? But then how does Santa Claus stay safe from people he gave coal to?" C'mon!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mystic Mongol posted:

"People can kill each other? But then how does Santa Claus stay safe from people he gave coal to?"

Well? How does Santa stay safe from those people?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
He kills them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

See? Kids can totally handle that, you don't need to treat them like china.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Honestly it's like some of you people can't even remember being a kid. Ever watch a Disney movie? People die all the loving time.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Kids run around pretending to kill things all the time; Humans are the apex predator on this planet and we got there by being the best at violence. Killing things comes naturally to us. About the only thing we're not very good at killing is each other (the reason for this should be ovbious from an evolutionary point of view).

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Honestly it's like some of you people can't even remember being a kid. Ever watch a Disney movie? People die all the loving time.

There's a difference between a single G-Rated death and an entire book that's about half-full of rape and bestiality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Neruz posted:

Kids run around pretending to kill things all the time; Humans are the apex predator on this planet and we got there by being the best at violence. Killing things comes naturally to us. About the only thing we're not very good at killing is each other (the reason for this should be ovbious from an evolutionary point of view).

...by what definition are humans not good at killing each other?

• Locked thread