Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
If you're being really gamey about it Unions are the 'best' option since it lets you get universal healthcare and education reforms up and running faster while free press slows down your warmongering a bit. That said you should do A since giving out freedom of the press during the springtime of nations sounds like a great way to get some more reforms pushed through. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Forming the SGF is going to be difficult when we lose our sphere every time somebody with a gun gets fed up with taxes.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patter Song posted:

I might have to figure out how the Suppression mechanic works. I've never used it and I don't really understand how it works.

My understanding is it reduces their organization and power now in exchange for radicalizing them which will make them more likely to take up arms in the future. That said my usual method for dealing with revolts is gassing them so I haven't used this feature all that often!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The first one looks best, anything smaller than ~1024 horizontal width so you don't break tables should be fine. The second one is blurry and the third would be borderline unreadable if there was more text on it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Vicky 2 warfare is pretty boring, you can catch the big strokes and pay less attention to the tactics of it and not miss much.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

RabidWeasel posted:

I never really appreciated before how small Bavaria is compared to Prussia and Austria, I guess I usually think of those independent South German states as a single block.

You seem to be doing pretty well though, sphering Austria was a good move, you definitely need to do that again.

Austria is going to be a great power again in a few months so there's not much point unless he can form the SGF as soon as this crisis resolves.

e: Krakow is still alive. :allears:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patter Song posted:

Played the next update.

I'm going to have a vote in which I beg you guys to reverse the revolution policy. I expect you'll do the right thing.

Not using the military to stop the 'Reactionaries are angry at reforms and revolt, removing all reforms which angers liberals who revolt and reinstate reforms which piss off reactionaries etc etc etc' train was a bad idea? Who'd have thought. :v:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patter Song posted:

For the record, B looks like this:

Note that we still have a border with Russia via West Galicia. I'm personally fine with that, but you might not be. The problem is, to get rid of West Galicia, we'd need to...release Poland. Which would look really dumb.

I could save edit and cede West Galicia to Krakow, but I'd prefer not to do that.

EDIT: Also note that we keep the Dalmatian coast. This is not a problem. Hungary is our vassal and we'd have total free movement through it.

It's cute, it's like we've got our own faux East Prussia. :kimchi:

As for the Dalmatian coast just take some land from the Ottomans and then give that state and the coastline to the Serbians.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patter Song posted:

Fun question of the day. China is westernized. The warlords running Manchuria, Mongolia, Xinjiang, Qinghai, Yunnan, and Guangxi are still uncivs. If China were to conquer Guangxi, would all of Guangxi's territory be considered "colonial" to China?

Reasonably sure that the answer is yes, which could produce hilarious results if China pulls itself together by conquering the six warlord states but leaves them with colonial status.

Not for long since they're already almost entirely an accepted culture. They'll on be colonies for as long as it takes a few pops to promote to bureaucrats.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patter Song posted:

We cannot stop now, we need all the coal we can mine to produce enough energy to dominate the 20th century's needs. The more coal, the more steel. The more steel, the more heavy industry. The more heavy industry, the larger the proletariat.

Steel? You need that coal to power your Battleships (or Dreadnoughts in 10 years,) you cannot be a true world power without a world-class navy.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Funky Valentine posted:

The Communist France flag is hilariously gaudy.

Please tell me Fascist France is the tricolor with a bright pink fasces in the middle.

Close, there are a lot of great flags though.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Strayed posted:

US gets cores even if Russia turns down the deal. Makes sense geopolitically speaking in that the Alaskan archipelago, along with the Hawaiian islands, are integral to American security on their Pacific front.

Being of vital national interest isn't a reason to get cores, Russia doesn't get free cores on the Dardanelles.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Ratoslov posted:

Has a purge ever historically improved an army?

Depending on your definition of a purge: the Long Parliament purged the army of all officers that also held a political post and replaced them with military professionals during the English civil war. This improved the army by putting people who actually wanted to win the war in charge of the army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patter Song posted:

Australia could be a hell of a fun time.

Australia is pretty broken.

• Locked thread