Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
B1 looks good to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
I've been trying the most recent (final) update for the Pop Demand Mod for A Heart of Darkness and it actually seems like a pretty big improvement. They got rid of the insane soldier pop partitioning, reduced the dig-in cap back to sane levels and brought unit stats back closer to vanilla values, I think.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
All that coal, grain, and fruit would do well for glass/liquor or glass/wine factory combos. Booze it up, please!

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Ethiser posted:

I have long been searching for that mythical player who doesn't automate the trade system.

Sometimes, I'll manually set to stockpile up to a certain amount: 100, 500, maybe even 2000, of key strategic goods. Reason being that when you queue up say 20 railroads to build, it'll pull everything from your stockpile to build them first, then it'll start buying off of the market. But it only buys up to 10 of each good per day. So if you were to hover over the first railroad in your 'buildings in progress' list you'd see Steel 10/100, Lumber 10/100, etc. on Day 1, then on Day 2 you'd see 20/100, and so on until it purchases enough to start building. Then it moves on to the next railroad you have queued up and starts buying enough. Construction would begin on your 20th railroad over a year after your first one.

On the other hand, if you had 2000 steel, lumber, whatever stockpiled, all of those railroads would begin construction on day 1 and complete at the same time. It works the same way for recruiting troops and building ships too, since you don't just 'hire' a unit of troops. You create them with say, 10 guns and 10 clothes.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

YF-23 posted:

Doesn't that depend on where you've set your stockpile slider(s) though? So if it's at 10% it'll buy 10/100 steel and 12/120 lumber each day, but if you're at 100% stockpile it'll just buy the whole thing immediately. That's how I thought it worked anyway (and the primary reason behind splitting up the stockpile slider into 3 with HoD; you have good reason to always be rolling 100% construction since in the end the costs remain the same but military and naval stockpiles are only useful at war and consume resources needlessly otherwise).

Nope, the most it'll buy for constructions (or at least constructions done by the State) is a flat 10 quantity per good per day, beginning with the first construction on the list. Unless you have a buy point set on those goods, that is. Having your stockpiles for cement, steel, etc. all set to 100 or 500 or whatever will let you get constructions off the ground much more quickly.

It also lets you build up hard-to-get materials before you actually need them. So, say the scenario is you're China and you finally westernize. You want to start building a ton of factories everywhere, but you're really far down the list in ranking and all the great and secondary powers are gobbling up all the machine parts on the world market. Sometimes you'll go days or weeks or months without getting ANY, or maybe a trickle on this day or that. If you have 2000 stockpiled away already that you built up over time before you needed them, you can pop out a bunch of constructions right off the bat.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
A: With a harsher touch, though. Keep the NGF under a full military occupation for an extended period of time in order to put their industry and economy in shambles, then enforce the peace with military restrictions. Not only will you be safe for the period of your occupation plus the 5 year disarmament afterwards, but also for the duration of the armed internal strife that will follow, and they'll have no means to combat it.

B: Accept the people's candidate. Even if it isn't the best long-term solution, it will appease the people in the short-term and reveal the most wasteful sectors of SGF industry that may actually do well to be replaced by more naturally profitable ones. This should make the SGF even stronger once it gravitates back towards the established system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Patter Song posted:

For fans of my last thread that still have EU3:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/innerpowers/

The latest version of Steppe Wolfe, now known as Inner Powers, uploaded two weeks ago. Sadly, my version crashes upon trying to load so all I've been able to interact with is the country select screen. There are many changes, such as impassable mountain ranges everywhere (including covering 100% of the borders of Bhutan), and new Siberian tribes.

EDIT:

This was a promo picture. The Lightning House of Alexandria.

So, was this like a 'Library -> Enlightening House(?) - > Lightning House' type translation situation, or is it just pure crazy?

• Locked thread