Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

You can also "jiggle" the rng by taking a unit with 5 move and moving the cursor around in circles, this and savestates got me through the hardest FE romhacks I could find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

there's a point in FE4 where they gave up on giving the dozen random bosses per map good names, and it happened five minutes into development

DiMaggio is a great name.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Fire Emblem died after 12 wasn't brought over and nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Tae posted:

If it makes you feel any better, you're the reason why it was dying in the first place.

also lol

Nothing good can last forever.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

i guess you'll never stop posting then

oh poo poo

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Personally I think all the weird pandering sex stuff they added has really ruined the series.

Yup, Fire Emblem 4 looks like it's going to be bad.

Please help it's not working.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Too bad Nintendo didn't catch the bug in Awakening where you could put 2 units in 1 square, making every fight really easy.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Can someone pls draw niime in the awakening dark mage outfit it would give me a boner.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Thank you and god bless.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I just really loving hate onis. Goddamn ogre wannabe assholes.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

ONIS ARE NOT LITTLE GIRLS. YOU DO NOT CALL THEM CHAN. THEY ARE VICIOUS DEMONS AND THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR LIFE.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

you and i are gonna have a problem if you're talking poo poo about linca.

I don't know who that is, but if they're an oni they're gonna get poo poo on.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't worry, when If comes out it will be revealed that Nohr is invading Hoshido due to its horrific war crimes against the neighboring country of Chona. If you pick the Hoshido side your army is called Unit 731.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Zwingley posted:

So let's spitball blue-haired anime swordsmen to add to Smash 4 to piss off the people who can't tell them apart.

Hector, Chrom, Morgan, Sigurd, Celice... I'm missing several people.

Other applicants with blue-ish hair welcome.

Zigludo and Serlis, from Fire Emblem: Descent of Jihad.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Hector's arms aren't blue.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

That romhack is good so far. Much better than most.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

imo it's way worse than the last promise

Ok but the version of TLP that I last played is like two years old and had the most extreme difficulty of any hack I've played.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Who's McClellan though?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

theshim posted:

what even the gently caress :psyboom:

What don't you understand about "Path of Radiance is an alternate history American Civil War game where the Confederacy teams up with Africa and England to fight the Union because Abraham Lincoln doesn't care about black people something something King Cotton?"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Seagull posted:

awakening let you recruit a bunch of megahitlers so i hope this game will too

It should let you recruit Abraham Lincoln: Scourge of Crimea.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Fire Emblem needs to instate the silver standard. I am sick of my soldiers being crucified on the cross of gold.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

My favorite part of the Radiant Dawn endgame is where bosses have massive AoE damage attacks that aren't listed at all.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

Path of radiance uses a skill system pretty heavily, and every class has a badass ultimate skill associated with it that can only be gotten from occult scrolls, which are incredibly rare and hard to come by.
For the love of god, save one for Ike and hand it to him the second he promotes.

Wrath & Vantage is better, though.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Look if you don't think Ike being a death saw outweighs it I'm sorry but we can't be friends

You are my Hoshido

Oh sure, I always use Aether unless I'm playing on hard or something where the difference matters.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

So FE x SMT has sold 23k whole copies so far, making it the worst selling launch of any FE or SMT game ever. It turns out that taking two franchises then throwing them out the window to make a game about japanese idols is a... bad idea?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Hivac posted:

Is that including digital sales because they usually get left out

It's from Famitsu who apparently add in estimated digital sales through some byzantine logical process so I'm pretty sure that the only takeaway is that sales are probably low.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

What if instead of idols the protagonists of #FE were members of old Japanese underground bands like FISHMANS and Les Rallizes Denues, instead of Tiki you had Merzbow, and the final boss was hijacking a plane and flying it to North Korea?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought only the main girl in #fe was an idol?

How does this make my idea not the best idea?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Reminder that Lilina is still the best

Her daughter Lilian from Ostian Princess is better.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Marge Simpsongelo.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I like how on the splash page, scrolling down gets your 3 boxes for DLC advertisements and one for a special edition console and only one for a cool new feature in the game.

"Beruka" is extremely engrish sounding too, what was wrong with going with Belka like everyone has called her since day 0?

Japan doesn't like nukes.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Seagull posted:

mad king lincoln

No, Ike is Lincoln:
http://www.koopatv.org/2015/02/ike-and-abe-thatd-never-happen.html

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

gently caress I forgot how the article went my bad.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I remember that Ike is gay, though, a fact that really pisses off the author of said article.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope they put linoan in a dlc so she can marry someone that isn't mageknight404.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

Conquest basically turns you into Camus, it's cool.

You shoot arab men on a beach?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Looper posted:

you stop the war before it starts though, that's like the whole point. 9 fits that mold better, you just don't get to fight the mastermind until the sequel. in 7 you're always running around in the background and no one else is really aware of what you're accomplishing, which fits the small scale of fire emblem battles (outside of 4) pretty well, i dig it

it's a shame the interesting bits of the villain are hidden behind some asinine sidequest nobody's ever going to find

Wait you're telling me you didn't have Nils play 100 times during the 5 chapters you have him?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Bwd is big on that stuff.

EDIT: His actual response for you

[3:50:59 PM] BwdYeti: yes exactly enough
[3:51:21 PM] BwdYeti: enough to cover all the t1 classes, if I wanted them to branch into them

Also I found this picture from /feg/ again

Unique character design? not in my fire emblem.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Oh poo poo actually I should have posted this here rather than the Fates thread, it's a EurAus thing.

Europe doesn't like games with a lot of hosed Up sexual content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

No, that's just Australia.

Australia only cares about violence.