Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Consider me jealous. Greatly awaiting you bringing it back to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

sw0cb posted:

I just pulled a pair of (free!) '74 Suzuki Gt550s and like 3 boxes of assorted parts out of a sweet old ladies garage, her husband was gone, but he had apparently refused several offers on them over the past few years. Complete motor between both bikes, debating about trying to sell the parts or building two into one bike. Anyone know anything about these guys? I know the 550 were supposedly more pedestrian than the smaller and bigger displacement bikes.

From what little I know of them the suzuki 2-strokes were/are heavy ponderous and didn't handle all that great. Decent bikes and reliable when kept up on maintenance but not enything anyone would go gaga for except collectors of folks that had one back in the day.

• Locked thread