Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
:chef: about 1.5"-2" overall on a corner would be neat IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Croatoan posted:

This. I'd be down if we could get it to <$30 shipped.

so less than $10 shipping? Doubt that will ever happen for such a heavy item.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

The re-shipping if one goon were to get all of these would be a significant chunk of the price, unless said one goon got it via freight and then shipped out via USPS (funny enough it fits on a large flat rate envelope IIRC :v:) or something similarly cheap. But then that would be committing on a purchase just to sell it to goons that promised to maybe buy one.

I think the best bet might be to turn this thread into a how-to order and include links to some CAD files you guys have verified work, some with logo for etch, some not, and then goons can decide what thickness they want and if they want the logo or not.

e: bah, just checked, they don't make the larger mylar envelopes anymore for flat rate USPS.

deimos fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 31, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that instead of doing a group buy where one person buys a bunch, receives all units and ships them out, it would be easier and more cost effective for everyone to buy it directly from the manufacturer and have it shipped directly to their homes. It seems like the discount for buying as a group is not substantial (the tooling for this setup seems to make it more ideal for individual, unique customers and less geared towards mass quantities), and having to ship the item to one goon who would then ship them out to each other goon would be redundant in shipping.

We would just need a proven CAD file to upload to this website:
http://www.robinsonlaser.com/?clid=1083

This would also give everyone the opportunity to have their own designs/sizes

Yes, no?

deimos posted:

The re-shipping if one goon were to get all of these would be a significant chunk of the price, unless said one goon got it via freight and then shipped out via USPS (funny enough it fits on a large flat rate envelope IIRC :v:) or something similarly cheap. But then that would be committing on a purchase just to sell it to goons that promised to maybe buy one.

I think the best bet might be to turn this thread into a how-to order and include links to some CAD files you guys have verified work, some with logo for etch, some not, and then goons can decide what thickness they want and if they want the logo or not.

e: bah, just checked, they don't make the larger mylar envelopes anymore for flat rate USPS.

:colbert:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

sleepness posted:

Does anyone have a link to some simple doughs / pizza recipes? I am going to order one of these steels tonight for sure. The pizza around my house are pathetic greasy excuses for a pizza.

While you learn go to your favorite pizza shop and ask to purchase their dough!.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

demonR6 posted:

You're right.. 3/8". It would take two of us to put that into the oven, then it would break.

And then you'd get a Garland, I don't see a downside.

• Locked thread