Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So why is plaid something that only liberal sissies wear now? I always thought it was a logger thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't Crichton also responsible for the idea that being an organ donor means that hospitals will kill you? I remember hearing that before, but after looking into it I can't really find anything to back it up.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rorus Raz posted:

JJ is sad about Canada.

There was a Canadian sent to the Space Station, but it's been drowned out by Rob Ford and the other scandals.

Anybody know what JJ thought about the guy before the various scandals?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

I don't think it's about anything. I think it's just a "I hate the current weather" cartoon.

It's Varvel, so I think we can safely assume it's about global warming.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Remember, Horsey was born in 1951. It shouldn't exactly be surprising to hear him complaining about kids these days.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

Why is it always the crotchety old men who scream the most about social progress that deride the next generation for not having enough leaders to make that social progress happen faster? When the MLK of the LGBT movement is made evident, I will bet anything that these guys are not going to be congratulating him/her for doing something amazing with their life.

Wouldn't that already be Harvey Milk?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Does Rall actually have any fans?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Any excuse to post this (very unscientific) experiment somebody did, where they mailed stuff that shouldn't be mailed and then wrote down what happened.

http://www.improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume6/v6i4/postal-6-4.html

quote:

Pair of new, expensive tennis shoes. Strapped together with duct tape. Days to delivery, 7. When shoes were picked up at station, laces were tied tightly together with difficult-to-remove knot. Clerk noted that mail must be wrapped.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Am I just parsing this wrong, or should that first panel say needs to be fired?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spoon0042 posted:

The "to be" gets dropped in some places in America. I was completely baffled the first time someone suggested it might be incorrect.

e: google "needs fixed" for more than you ever wanted to know about it. :v:

I don't like this.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Webguy posted:

Neither of those books say what those people say they do.

Are we supposed to be agreeing with the gay strawman here? I know Horsey's decently far to the left on this stuff, but the way this is set up makes it seem like it's a truth is in the middle thing.

pd187 posted:

You mean Dr. Malachi York lied to me???

He just forgets to include his email address sometimes. Edit: oh, he actually changed it. I just checked the gorilla one and not the one right after that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Melaneus posted:

I substitute your reality for my own... nightmarish alterverse.

I want a Suda 51 Muir-verse Obama final boss. Open those motherfuckin' blood gates.

This is amazing.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

Has Delonas ever drawn Christie?

I think that'd cause an overflow error and he'd loop back around to being really skinny.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Butts McGee posted:

About her characterization there, I'll say this- it's the show that got her wrong. She was created to be a fetish object for the artist, who's into Amazonian style women. Dude's even done lady wrestling comics. Putting her in a kids show just made people think she wasn't. That she was essentially a jerk character (albeit one they did bother to devolop, unlike most creators) has its own problems, but the cartoon didn't help things.

Obligatory :goonsay: here.

Just because it's faithful to the original character doesn't make it excusable.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Is there some other issue I'm missing here, or is Plante bringing that months old talking point back up just for the hell of it?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Exclamation Marx posted:

The SVUs are the worst policemen, it rules.

:byewhore:

I can't help but think that this would be better if he were at the top and the weights were dragging him down.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

E-Tank posted:

I just got through doing a google image search for it, and I found a cartoon I'd never seen before, but oh my loving god.

It's a Fairrington cartoon, so if it's any consolation I'm sure there's another one just like it where the Muslims are shown respectfully honoring the 9/11 victims while tea partiers are violently protesting the mosque or something.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oh jesus christ he's still going. He's up past ten and he didn't stop.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I will never get tired of this joke. (E: not sarcastic)

It's honestly a pretty bad joke because that's literally where the term comes from.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Simon Draskovic posted:

I know a Swedish woman who doesn't understand why blackface is considered offensive, despite knowing that it's never been used in a positive light. "So, if I decide I want to put up blackface and dress up as Rhianna for Halloween, that's racist?" She admits that that level / type of sensitivity might be "an American thing", but was still pretty jarring to me to hear her say that.

I was speaking with a Dutch woman the other month, and she was talking about the last time her grandparents visited her in the States. Apparently they were utterly baffled over why people would act shocked after they explained their tradition of Sinterklaas, and his blackface elves.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

That said, there's really no way to make the blood curse powerful enough to actually shock goyim brains with visible arcs of eldritch fire. That's just ridiculous.

I think they started rolling out newer ones which are a lot better about that, actually. Somebody get Three Phase in here to explain it, I'm sure the resident electricity expert can break down precisely how they get that zionist magic to be so efficient at violently converting gentiles.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Admittedly my info's a few years out of date, but even if you can do it, why would you? All that showy zapping is just wasted eschaton-thaums, and those take forever to get back. Literally. Unless maybe you want to short out the local metasyncretic potentials, but again, why would you?? This just isn't adding up.

Oh, you haven't heard? The Zionists joined up with us HomoSatanists a while back. Used to be that eschaton-thaums were limited , but it turns out that all you need is for our Dark Lord and Master to bless the slaughter of seven unborn Christian babies during a gay orgy and they come right back. It's crazy, but they're a completely renewable resource. Seems so obvious in hindsight, I guess nobody ever thought to check.

In all seriousness though, has Dees ever done anything on the gay agenda? I don't seem to recall him being homophobic, but that seems like the type of thing that's be right up his alley.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Did Mike Lester's (Domestic Abuse) and Bruce Tinsley's (DUI) cases not go to court?

I don't think Lester's case did because his wife decided to not press charges, but Tinsey's definitely did since he had cartoons about it.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Beeg posted:

The real reason why Ramirez's cartoons has so many cross-hatch.

That supposed to be Ramirez? He's not nearly egg headed enough.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rebochan posted:

...does the woman in the bottom panel have boobs coming out of her neck?

Huh?

quote:

Get back here, Kissinger!

And suddenly, I'm reminded that Kissinger is still alive. :smith:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WE NO EVIDENCE CRIMINAL CHARGES. CONCLUDED IRS SCANDAL VIDEO.

Christ I had the way Ramirez writes. Please tell me I'm not the only one bothered by that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wait, why does the statue not like abortions? The only thing I can think of is that it's a stand in for France but that wouldn't make any sense. Are abortions harming our liberty or something?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It should be noted that squirrel appreciation day is in fact a real thing, and this year it falls on the 21st.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

XyloJW posted:

I'm pretty sure we saw like three Starfleet Nursing Homes.

Everybody knows that the Enterprise only has a single toilet, too. Don't think Rall did his homework on this one.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stultus Maximus posted:

I can't tell if this is more stupid or just differently stupid.

Wait, this is an actual strip? That was published in actual newspapers? I thought you were just posting erotic furry fanart for some reason.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Rolo posted:

God I love Rob Smith Jr.

It honestly took me a moment there to realize that this wasn't a CounterThink cartoon. Really seems like something that guy would have put out.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

It honestly took me a moment there to realize that this wasn't a CounterThink cartoon. Really seems like something that guy would have put out.

Gonna quote myself to say that I went to double check to make sure Rob Smith actually wasn't the CounterThink guy (he's not), so have a couple of milktoons.

Have a bonus one, too, which I'm pretty sure he cribbed off of a Deltron 3030 song.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Discendo Vox posted:

Someone please tell me this cartoon stopped. This really, really should not exist.

Kinda sorta. I think there was a falling out or something between the two people who made them, with Berger, the artist, leaving. Adams, the guy who came up with the ideas for the cartoons, has no idea how to draw so he only made a vague attempt at continuing them. Here's the latest cartoon he did, dated last May.

Not too good. I have no idea why he didn't just hire another artist, but there you go. This cartoon was actually posted alongside another Berger cartoon, albeit an old one from 2010. I don't know why he did that either, but here it is just for the record.

And in case anybody's curious, here are the last two cartoons Berger did. They're dated December 26 and February 24, both in 2012.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Beeg posted:

A few cartoons on Dan Quayle. Admittingly, I don't know much about him, but based on the cartoons from the era, he was an unintelligent doofus.

Ooh, I have a fun fact. The insane vice president from the end of Fallout 2 was based on, and spoke mainly with quotes directly from, Dan Quayle. Not exactly the most timely thing considering the game came out during the Clinton administration, but I thought it was a fun reference when I read about it.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I just got some news from the central command, it seems the war didn't go quite as planned. It seems like poverty is winning the battle, the humans are starving each other like cattle, the bodies are piling from Rome to Seattle.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This comic really does not convey motion well. I know that he's supposed to be driving backwards, but only because of the dialogue.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Beeg posted:

This Criollo
Blas, you ate...then you go away...

Small correction here, that should be "Blas, you already ate... You're already leaving...". Then I can't really think of a succinct translation off the top of my head, but saying te vas also implies that he's not just taking off, but rather that he's getting the hell out of there.

Who was Blas, anyway, for those us of not immediately familiar with Castro's regime?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Qh3tWImXM

What the gently caress is a baby?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

What a surprise, Rogers did a better Rocco cartoon than Bish:

Why do people care so much about police dogs again? A quick google search tells me that last year 111 cops were killed in the line of duty, but I'll be damned if I can remember any comics about those deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

agarjogger posted:

Hah, no, dogs can be such racist fucks. Seriously. I don't ever want dogs to get the vote.

I've heard before that dogs are racist because their eyesight is really lovely, and to them black people just blend in a lot better with the surroundings. I have precisely no idea if that's actually true.

• Locked thread