Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

JT Jag posted:

At least have the guy say "I'm here for the snacks" or "the cheese dip" or something while holding the newspaper. No one goes to a party specifically for Velveeta.

I think if anyone would, it'd be JJROSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

"Why is this thing I refuse to read about so hard to understand!? I bet they're just makin it up!"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sardine Wit posted:

What was the context for this? Because it looks like someone was making the argument "The war isn't hurting us as much as these RECKLESS DRIVERS" which, if that's the case, really hammers home how little poo poo has changed.

Isn't the ,somewhat efficient, prevention of reckless driving a relatively recent phenomenon? It could just mean, "holy poo poo a lot of people die while driving!"

I know here the number of deaths on the road has dramatically lowered since the 70s.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Melaneus posted:

drat it all, Tom Guycot. Like a siren's call I'm drawn to draw... haven't had a muse like this since Herman Cain's thing was a thing...

Xylo! You're a dark lord or something now. Penalize this man! Yes. Penalize him real goooooodd just like thaaaaaat

Then he turns to his waifu and says "Never heard of red wookies... but it looks like you managed to get one in a headlock."

Why do I always get these things done so late in the day?

Wonderful.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

nickmeister posted:

Why would you think that? Bennet does at least two generic, lowest hanging branch cartoons a week.

Even so this is the most clever he's fat cartoon to be printed yet.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Oh god I know I did a Day by Penis-esque edit of this one, but I'm away from my home computer and have no idea what page it's on. Loquacious, would you mind digging it up and reposting it?

Sure, I guess I have nothing better to do :mad:

So, the original work was coincidentally released the day after Rorus Raz posted this edit:

Remember that Muir reads this thread sometimes and is insecure enough to see something like this and immediately jump to the defense of his own his character's penis, because the part where someone insinuated it was small is of course the most important part of the edit. Was the "Zed-sama dong SO BIG :swoon:" comic a direct response to a silly dick-joke from a straw-feminist in a goon edit? You decide!

I think this is the edit you were talking about :

Also here's another one by But Rocks Hurt Head:

PS while digging around I did find some more BENNETT FAN MAIL

HOW HEARTLESS YOU FOOLS ARE

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay

loquacius posted:

HOW HEARTLESS YOU FOOLS ARE

One day a Tea Partier's loved-one will die in a somewhat preventable car crash and in the immediate aftermath, while they're sorting through their shattered life, some rear end in a top hat rubbernecker is going to ask how and why and pester them about it until finally they shout "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?!"

...And because this is the real world no parallels will be drawn and they'll continue to be a dickhole until the day they, too, shuffle off this mortal coil.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sardine Wit posted:

What was the context for this? Because it looks like someone was making the argument "The war isn't hurting us as much as these RECKLESS DRIVERS" which, if that's the case, really hammers home how little poo poo has changed.

That comic was made during the interrwar period, so people werent sending thier sons off to die when it was written

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Edit: timg for huge

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 1, 2014

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Meh, I'm rich now what do I care? The middle class and poor are just a resource. If I don't worry about global warming I don't have to worry about them.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pee pee, doo doo, he has a flacid cock.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Oops, I forgot to tell a joke!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Here are some more Antonio Prohias 'toons!

The Russian Newton
The Law of "Gravity"

Thesis No. 94801835246354
Sign says "Communism Without Fidel"

Decoration of Fidelism Without Fidel

This Criollo
Blas, you ate...then you go away...

Tantrum.
Fidel Castro: I want to be Uncle Sam's victim..! I want to be Uncle Sam's victim!

The Swan Song

The "Father" of the Creature...
Monsenor Sarante: Fidel...! Fidel...! This time you cannot "save!"

Cocktail
"Free Cuba"...with vodka

Oh, the Time...!
Castro, do not forget to save a brick "wall" for you...

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I guess Castro got the last laugh by outliving Prohías.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

loquacius posted:

Sure, I guess I have nothing better to do :mad:

Hey, you found some more funny stuff to post, too, so it was totally worth it :colbert:

Thank you!

Also I've got to give Bennett credit for handling his... "fan mail" so well. I know they're probably from some harmless old conservative nut, but at the same time they give off a serious "look what the Zodiac Killer sent the paper this time" vibe.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rorus Raz posted:

I guess Castro got the last laugh by outliving Prohías.

Speaking of, anyone got that edit of Castro standing over various leftist graves with Kreider's "well, well, well" put in handy?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Isaiah, you motherfucker! :argh:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Beeg posted:

This Criollo
Blas, you ate...then you go away...

Small correction here, that should be "Blas, you already ate... You're already leaving...". Then I can't really think of a succinct translation off the top of my head, but saying te vas also implies that he's not just taking off, but rather that he's getting the hell out of there.

Who was Blas, anyway, for those us of not immediately familiar with Castro's regime?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

It's me, crazy Isaiah! The guy that draws political cartoons with crayons and gets butthurt when Bachmann is made to look like an idiot!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It's me, crazy Isaiah! The guy that draws political cartoons with crayons and gets butthurt when Bachmann is made to look like an idiot!

He used to color with markers but gave it up because it was too hard.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mister Beeg posted:

Cocktail
"Free Cuba"...with vodka

So Fidel being tired as gently caress to serve a capitalist as gently caress drink with coca cola and rum, he decided to mix it up with Baikal and vodka instead. A communist bartender Cartoon.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

...Is the baby vulture supposed to be the Tea Party, waiting for America to die and reap the benefits? Did I get it right? I've spent a good fifteen minutes reading it over and over. An obtuse cartoon.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

The Time Dissolver posted:

...Is the baby vulture supposed to be the Tea Party, waiting for America to die and reap the benefits? Did I get it right? I've spent a good fifteen minutes reading it over and over. An obtuse cartoon.

It's really simple. The President is a distracting figure head who holds no power and the American people are a bunch of dupes for paying attention to him. It's pretty stupid.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

cafel posted:

It's really simple. The President is a distracting figure head who holds no power and the American people are a bunch of dupes for paying attention to him. It's pretty stupid.

I... don't think you get what separates Three Word Phrase from political cartoons.

hint: the difference is that it is great

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

cafel posted:

It's more like the Lewis Black quote, "The Democrats have no ideas, the Republicans have bad ideas."

I think I was just confused because I like vultures :shobon:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Qh3tWImXM

What the gently caress is a baby?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Speaking of, anyone got that edit of Castro standing over various leftist graves with Kreider's "well, well, well" put in handy?
Yeah, that was mine.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah, that was mine.

RIP Maoist China. :china:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Old Soviet Union, as opposed to the New Soviet Union?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Darkman Fanpage posted:

RIP Maoist China. :china:

Well it is rather hard to argue that Maoism is in any way the driving political ideology in China anymore, regardless of whatever lip service the party pays the old man.

Kurtofan posted:

The Old Soviet Union, as opposed to the New Soviet Union?

That is what we WANTED you to believe!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well it is rather hard to argue that Maoism is in any way the driving political ideology in China anymore, regardless of whatever lip service the party pays the old man.

It's still the state he created with the same core political structure. As well I wouldn't call it mere lip service, seeing as how he's still greatly venerated.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
Yeah it's more complicated/interesting than the usual "it's all just a pretense now" narrative lets on. And Xi Jinping is much more of an avowed Maoist than his predecessors.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Previously on: Three Word Phrase

btw is that SOTU cartoon from last year or did the author accidentally forget it was 2014?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

This week in Eric Lewis' political fantasyland:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

*hisses violently*

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

colonel_korn posted:

And none of those people troubled the political landscape ever again.

I mean, this isn't even political commentary, it's just masturbatory fanfic at this point.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

So is the pig gay with those squidoctopi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

MisterBadIdea posted:

And none of those people troubled the political landscape ever again.

I mean, this isn't even political commentary, it's just masturbatory fanfic at this point.

Not going to lie, as dumb and cheerleady as Animal Nuz is, "Kochtopus brothers" got a laugh out of me.

• Locked thread