Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
From a few days ago, but I didn't see it in the thread

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Eating dogs? Is this some weird accusation against Obama I'm unfamiliar with :confused:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
The message here is Planned Parenthood aborts fully developed fetuses and leaves them on the door step? What the gently caress. I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from Asay.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

CampingCarl posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenda_21 is a thing but I have no idea what the rest means.
Non-binding? Voluntarily implemented??? The UN has gone too far.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

KazigluBey posted:

:ohdear: 20 year old cat? Holy gently caress, isn't that like, ancient in cat-years?

Has Kreider done anything lately? Are any of his books worth picking up?

From what I can tell, Kreider has transitioned from cartoonist to essayist. A few of his essays have been picked up by the NYT (see: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/author/tim-kreider/), and his website has really slid into a state of neglect.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I guess this is "Why can't I say the n-word" week for Tinsley.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
The Obama-LBJ analogies kind of irk me. Not only is Obama facing a drastically different political/cultural/media landscape than LBJ was, but if you look at the numbers for the House/Senate after JFK was killed, they're astonishing. With nearly 70% of both chambers, all of LBJ's in-your-face tactics were just gravy.

Not to mention that if anybody knows about getting up close and personal, it's Diamond Joe:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I'm beginning to doubt if I've ever seen Ramirez draw Obama with his eyes open.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

Were some secret service agents recently caught being hungover as gently caress?

A couple of them got wasted in Amsterdam and were sent home:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/25/us/secret-service-amsterdam/

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Lance Streetman posted:

Well if we're posting Propoganda posters, here are a few from North Korea (taken from here)
Those newer posters look just like pictures with a lovely Photoshop filter over the top. It's a real shame, since propaganda posters are such a niche, interesting art form.

I'd highly recommend this compilation of North Korean propaganda posters if anybody's interested in seeing more.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I'm sure Lester threw a loving fit when Obama announced "My Brother's Keeper" like two months ago, I'd be interested to see his cartoons during that time.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Ah yes, another quality "Obama looking smug in the back of a car" comic by Henry Payne

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
This is somehow the fault of the UN more than the DPRK government?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

vyelkin posted:

Oh yeah, speaking of Canadian cartoons, here's MacKay's latest contribution:

Canada is irrelevant but our Prime Minister is talking a big game over Ukraine because several key ridings have large Ukrainian constituencies.

Canada's Prime Minister is part man, part fish. A Seaman cartoon.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Every time I see a Tinsley comic, I think of the Calvin and Hobbes comic about talking heads:

The only sort of movement I see in Mallard Fillmore comics is the occasional raised eyebrow. For some reason it irks me much more than the content.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I'm guessing that this Lester cartoon is talking about the recent dust-up with RuPaul using and then removing the term "shemale" from the show Drag Race. It was used regularly for six seasons, but last month it was used in an especially questionable way, and then removed after protest from trans groups.

Since this season of the show ended, RuPaul has come out saying that the term "shemale" isn't such a big deal and the people complaining about it aren't representative of the trans community.

So I think Lester is saying "See! Even RuPaul thinks all of this sensitivity is some PC garbage!" in the same way people point to Morgan Freeman saying that Affirmative Action is pointless.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Children don't understand what is good for them and sometimes need a guiding hand. AGC.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Just the first text bubble drives me so crazy. The law surrounding holding these people at Guantanamo is so tenuous to begin with, that pulling a legal argument about their release just makes my head explode.

gently caress you Hope and Change. Just gently caress you.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
The NYT just published an article about Blackwater with some choice paragraphs:

quote:

WASHINGTON — Just weeks before Blackwater guards fatally shot 17 civilians at Baghdad’s Nisour Square in 2007, the State Department began investigating the security contractor’s operations in Iraq. But the inquiry was abandoned after Blackwater’s top manager there issued a threat: “that he could kill” the government’s chief investigator and “no one could or would do anything about it as we were in Iraq,” according to department reports.

American Embassy officials in Baghdad sided with Blackwater rather than the State Department investigators as a dispute over the probe escalated in August 2007, the previously undisclosed documents show. The officials told the investigators that they had disrupted the embassy’s relationship with the security contractor and ordered them to leave the country, according to the reports.
I'm guessing that none of the regular cartoonists in this thread will have anything to say about it since it's not about Obama, but I'm worried that it's going to get buried with all of the SCOTUS news today.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I like how quickly Tinsley transitions between a series of incredibly bland comics about babies to "isn't it strange how Hilary Clinton is a friend of the child rapist?"

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

a lot of the people in my community absolutely agree with the conservative principles of the GOP, but we feel rejected by the Party which we WANT to support.
That's the story of the modern Republican party in a nutshell. See: every minority group.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Will conservatives ever stop using the "old white dude with ponytail" character? And why is everybody in this cartoon dressed like Beetlejuice?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Has Branco been inspired by Ramirez to never draw Obama with his eyes open?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Does Tinsley always use ellipses like he's posting a Facebook status update . . .

Or does he only do this sometimes? . . .

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
New Bors

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Aside from the obvious, overt racism from Muir, are people just running with that "orbital fracture" thing? Has any reputable news source confirmed that?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I just can't get over this one. I've desensitized to awful opinions, but this 7oden comic is just so bad on a technical level. I get the CRAP/ISIS wordplay, but Jurassic Park? Golf clubs? It's just terrible.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Reminder that ISIS's membership has grown like this:

https://medium.com/matter/isis-as-start-up-explosive-growth-highly-disruptive-super-evil-4c7f7d3d99e5

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Magrov posted:

"Son, one day all of this will be yours"
Ah yes, all of the Muslims and Jewish people who are buried under crosses? :confused:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I wonder if the right will ever get over pictures of Obama tilting his head?

Naaaaaah

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I'm impressed that Payne is so committed to his "punchline on a bumper sticker" theme that he made it work on a tank.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I remember a very similar cartoon about worker's rights from maybe Lefty Toons? Does anybody know what I'm talking about? It looks like the Lefty Toons site is down, otherwise I'd dig through the archives a bit . . .

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
New Deep Hurting

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
God, I miss Kreider the cartoonist. :sigh:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
ANY DAY NOW

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Xenoveritas posted:

Why does Putin look like the alien from that Seth MacFarlane show?
I definitely prefer it to the towering ubermensch most cartoonists draw him as.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

RadicalWall posted:

I'm kind of disappointed there's no mention of Winsor McCay's masterful editorial cartoons who was hailed at the time as America's best cartoonist, even if they were largely at the direction of Hearst.
These are great! Little Nemo's always been a favorite of mine, but it's good to know that McCay's talents transferred over pretty well to political cartoons as well.

Please post more if you have 'em :)

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

The more I look at this, the more I realize there's no way this could be a Tinsley. No ellipses, no asterisk, and way too much movement.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

MechaCrash posted:

Really, if they were civilized like us, they'd hold their executions in private.
If their executions were like ours, they'd take an hour, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Why is Tinsley deciding to make this week transphobia week? Jesus, what a shithead.

• Locked thread