Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014
Took a few tries to figure out this one since this is what I read initially:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

colonel_korn posted:

I'm not entirely convinced he didn't do this one as well

I was confused until I realized that he got the order (and colors) all wrong. The editor of any newspaper that prints this should be fired for letting this travesty get past.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

TheDarkFlame posted:

Ramirez is his own editor.
:thejoke:

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Rorus Raz posted:

Fyi, Tinsley does the "Asians and college requirements" arc every year without fail.

Didn't we get 3 weeks of "College is for stupids!" from Tinsley two weeks after graduation time? Why does he even care about college requirements!?

"Koleje Edjukashun is dums! Unless Asians are smarter than us and Blacks get a leg up! -hic-!" - A College Graduate

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Oh No! If she can't shoot straight how will they stop all those dirty illegals crossing the border? :ohdear:

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Don't worry, drunky duck, we all remember that guy. Luckily that means we'll never repeat that mistake again, right?

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

beepsandboops posted:

Color version of an Ohman already posted:

In color I get the feeling that Cruz's eyes are closed. The metaphor deepens...

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

And here's his latest.

Goddammit Muir! No one talks like this! Your characters are greedy entitled condescending shits that deserve to die in a fire!

I'm pretty sure I could do better!

*15 minutes later*

Maybe not, carry on.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Plague of Hats posted:

Nice edit! I like the font you used. What is it?

BuxtonSketch Regular (Strong): The Sophisticated Gentleman's Comic Sans.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

I remember when that paper first came out, and so does Damon.

God, I hate Muir's dialog. Somehow this is very therapeutic... help me...

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

I don't think that's Gruber. I think that's Glenn Beck trying to besmirch Gruber's good name by wearing a name tag.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

fade5 posted:

Basically we need to resurrect LBJ. For a practical answer, do what San Antonio does and have a police force that accurately reflects the city's demographics:

Whites are a little bit over-represented, but compared to almost everywhere else (and especially Ferguson) San Antonio's police force is basically dead-on for comparable demographics.

Honest question: Is there evidence that having the police force's demographics reflecting the community's demographic is correlated to reduced incidence of police brutality/murder, racial motivated or otherwise? I'm actually really interested in knowing if there have been any studies on this.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Sanguine posted:

This thread has finally broken me. I had a good moment of head grabbing and arm flailing after wading through this 'comic', and now I fear for my life as my sanity is gone. It wasn't even a textbook Muir!

I was, at least, surprised to see Ferguson wasn't mentioned. :smith:

You're not alone. Just pretend this is what the comic actually said:

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Holy poo poo! A joke! I laughed.

gently caress You, Tinsley.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

[Three steaming piles of poo poo from an irredeemable monster]

gently caress you, Muir. Die in a badly photoshopped fire.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

pkfan2004 posted:

I feel like there's a more simple explanation than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54t0iyp_udc

Muir is speaking his mind and let's be honest, his is a terrible one. I think the majority of us are disgusted because it's no longer subtext and the fact that he has his own little echo chamber means that this is a viewpoint some people have, and he's reached the point that their agreement with his views is no longer implicit but explicit the more open he is with his beliefs. In the long run, though, this is just another deck chair on the beached, rotting vessel that is the SS Muir.

This and, to me at least, he uses Photoshop to warp reality to spew this garbage. For that last strip he literally took an image of a police officer in full riot gear (a thing he's been openly against), blurred until the cows came home, and then claimed that this was a black man. It's willful deception for the purpose of scoring political points to perpetuate a status quo that is killing people for no reason except the color of their skin. Not once did he stop and think: "Hey, maybe I should actually get a picture of a black man for this. That would at least carry my point forward." Muir must think that he's so good at doing what he's doing that no one know's that he's just throwing a filter on a the first result from gis.

Or simply: I like Photoshop; Muir uses Photoshop for evil; :argh:

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014
I confess: I am Bruce Tinsley.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

joeburz posted:

I don't think it's been two weeks but that's still a great post.

I was out for a month so it was fresh in my mind after catching up on the backlog. Hope that doesn't ruin the magic.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

seiferguy posted:

I think Rorus Raz has posted Adam4d before in his editions of Sunday School, but since this showed up on facebook for me, I felt obligated to post it since I felt like it's directed at people like me:

So all I'm getting out of this is that this dude's just upset that modern American mainstream Christianity doesn't fit his particular expectations, but he REALLY wants to claim a monopoly on the label "Christian" for his specific brand of worship. So instead of just getting over it like an adult or founding his own sect, he's trying to convince people to either follow his exact tract or adopt this label some sociologists coined.

Theology: it's all about the name!

Acropolis fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 22, 2014

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

When Charles Dickens was writing "A Christmas Carol" he originally named the main character Tinsley after our good friend, Bruce, here. However, realizing that in the end the main character would be redeemed and come to know the true Spirit of Christmas he opted for a different name, lest his story not be taken seriously due to the association.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

I was waiting for this obvious joke to be made by a cartoonist featured here, I didn't expect it to be Bennett. Clay, you're better than this.

• Locked thread