Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sorry, my idea of "ambush" automatically defaults to back door so I leave that out when I'm not thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So did I successfully create an asset die for my opening attack?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Sure- surprise would do it but there's a bit of distance between the back of the building where Gambit is and the front of the building where them's is.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Yo, new house rule.

If it's combat, and you're tagged, if you don't post within 24 hours your character skips their turn and they stand there looking at the situation like a dummy. Rule starts now.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh, I wasn't sure if you were going to do another post with defense rolls and/or detailing exactly what happens as a result of the attack mechanically; I didn't realize the attack itself pretty much takes care of it. I'm a post from the office, since I know exactly what I planned to do.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Did I get skipped? I didn't think creating an asset before entering combat usually counted as my turn.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

I don't think so? It's not like these guys are going to put up a huge amount of fight. :v:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So hey, I'm around. not much for Molly to contribute with Pete's bringing Josh up to speed on the wide world of being a Mutant.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Pete and Molly are still waiting just outside town with the kid, if Rogue doesn't want to fly Remy back the whole way.

Lager fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 14, 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Lager posted:

Pete and Molly are still waiting just outside town with the kid, if Rogue doesn't want to fly Remy back to the whole way.

Goddamnit I thought you'd started to drive off.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
They did, they just pulled over outside town instead of going all the way back.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If no one has objections I propose we skip ahead to being back at the Mansion.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

If no one has objections I propose we skip ahead to being back at the Mansion.

What this guy said.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sion posted:

What this guy said.

Groovy.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

So what Brotherhood members are out there? Just seeing what we have in store for ourselves.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Please do not taunt the omega level mutant and his unkillable murder machine sidekick.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
What, you don't want to see the mansion blown up well before we've really started the game?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Mansion gets blown up all the time, I don't want Forge to wind up with a length of rebar through his chest just because Pete "Lack of" Wisdom can't keep quiet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Okay once Magno is gone I'm going to stage 2, which is seducing his daughter. That will surely give us the upper hand somehow.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Okay once Magno is gone I'm going to stage 2, which is seducing his daughter. That will surely give us the upper hand somehow.

Best plan ever. I see nothing that can possibly go wrong with this idea.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sorry for double posting here but am I to assume I won the roll? I want to try and create a d10 covert master asset, and then spend a pp (we start with one as a rule right?) To make it a d10 Dirty Secrets resource for the next action scene. Please let me know if that's kosher. It's hard to tell since you hide your rolls, you devious GM, you...

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

I think I have lost Halloween Jack.

Gets another 24 hours to post before I sniff out a replacement :S

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Lager, I just have to tell ya. I'm not familiar at all with Pete Wisdom outside of this game, but I love how you're playing him like an extra dickish combo of British Cyclops and Don Draper.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Lager, I just have to tell ya. I'm not familiar at all with Pete Wisdom outside of this game, but I love how you're playing him like an extra dickish combo of British Cyclops and Don Draper.

Haha, thanks very much.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Edited my post but my phone didn't load the Sabertooth post at first so I thought Forge was ranting at Pete. Sorry bout that, I made the post less confrontational since I was mistaken.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Hello.

I'm looking for a replacement player for someone that has gone MIA. Anyone interested?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Ooo Ooo me! I'd still like to play as communist multiple man.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
I would still be down to play M, as well.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Just to clarify, I'm hoping that my explosion doesn't interrupt any conversation that happens for at least a couple minutes. After that point though poo poo GONNA GET REAL.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'd like it noted that Gambit did not look back at the explosion.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'd like it noted that Molly is planning to twist Remy's motorcycle into a bow and leave it in his room when they get back home. If they get back home.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He was gonna offer you a ride back to Harlem but I guess that's no more.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

He was gonna offer you a ride back to Harlem but I guess that's no more.

Well, hormones, and you scared her. :colbert:

Edit: and she'll forget to stay mad at you before this fight's even half over. :swoon:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

1. Did my asset creation work?

2. Am I in the sales department then?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

1. Did my asset creation work?

2. Am I in the sales department then?

Yes and yes.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Who is up first in the turn order, or is that up for grabs?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Lager posted:

Who is up first in the turn order, or is that up for grabs?

Post and tag, folks! Post first, tag next player

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So yeah, Molly just Fastball Special-ed herself into the second group of bad dudes.
kinda like this (0:08-0:20) but without y'know, actual superspeed.

Sorry Forge, I know you said no casualties. :shobon:

Edit: also, just in case anyone wonders, tagging the bad guys to go next wasn't a dick move, I swear! I figure if they move now, the ball's in our court whether to double stack our actions this round>next round or not.

It made sense to me tactically to try and shut these dudes down hard and fast vs dragging this out and potentially being caught out when reinforcements/sentinels arrive.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 1, 2014

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Hey Sion, I'm a bit confused on what happened with that action. You said that I won the roll against them, but I can't really tell which of the rolls was a reaction roll, and then you have a bunch of rolls from me and attack rolls from them? Sorry, I'm just really confused by all that. I would really rather roll my own reactions since I have some SFX I'd like to use, and things like that. Should I make reaction rolls and if so what do I need to beat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
That has me thinking:

Sion, would it be helpful or advisable if we rolled our reactions along with our actions?

• Locked thread