Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Lager posted:

Hey Sion, I'm a bit confused on what happened with that action. You said that I won the roll against them, but I can't really tell which of the rolls was a reaction roll, and then you have a bunch of rolls from me and attack rolls from them? Sorry, I'm just really confused by all that. I would really rather roll my own reactions since I have some SFX I'd like to use, and things like that. Should I make reaction rolls and if so what do I need to beat?

So, the reaction rolls were built from pools that were fairly generous - you get a team/solo/buddy, you get a distinction at D8, you get a power and you get a specialty. The rolls that were laid down were numbered and the reactions were also numbered and should have matched up. If they didn't then welp I'll try and fix that in future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Also - I'm fine with people making their own rolls or I could do it and just work it into the reply. It's not a big deal for me to do that :)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sion posted:

Also - I'm fine with people making their own rolls or I could do it and just work it into the reply. It's not a big deal for me to do that :)

Well, I liked the narrative flow of you being able to describe a little back and forth, so I'm cool with you rolling reactions.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

The narrative flow is neat yeah, but I would prefer to roll my own so that I can use PP, SFX, stunts, things like that. That said I'll just use what you've already rolled instead of trying to retcon things. Though I will point out that Pete has Human Torch's SFX that allows him to deal stress with his effect die to enemies who try to attack at close range and fail.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Oh man this'll be just like that time Molly punches Wolverine completely out because he scared her! :v:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Oh man this'll be just like that time Molly punches Wolverine completely out because he scared her! :v:

Oh man, I hope so. I'm really liking Molly's "had enough of this poo poo" persona that's coming out here against Creed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Well there's being tough because you're brave and have been highly trained, and being tough because you're scared shitless and surrounded by the former.

Also, the only way to control a stray dog is to carry a big stick and make it think you're bigger and meaner.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sorry for the delay, it's just kind of crunch time this weekend. Gotta have everything ready by tomorrow night to go to print.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
How about that. Sunfire can apparently generate heat up to 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit. The melting point of iron is 2,800 Fahrenheit. Carbon, the element with the highest melting point, is 3,800. A very high temperature nuclear reactor operates at a theoretical capacity of 1,832 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Yup! Rogue could, in theory, just turn her entire body into that level of heat and just walk right through the door. THe floor might not hold out so well but she could do it!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Just caught up, that was certainly a PP well spent!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

I'll post again soon, sorry. Dealing with starting a new job and having a sick 9 month old at home.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Lager posted:

I'll post again soon, sorry. Dealing with starting a new job and having a sick 9 month old at home.

Yay and boo :(

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
:psyboom:

Also, welcome to the gamer Esser-Z!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Welcome indeed! Though, I have to say, this means that we're guilty of the same crime as Marvel Comics - writing Thunderbird out of the story in favor of Wolverine...At least he's still alive in our canon!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lager posted:

Welcome indeed! Though, I have to say, this means that we're guilty of the same crime as Marvel Comics - writing Thunderbird out of the story in favor of Wolverine...At least he's still alive in our canon!

Wait, does that mean I'm the next in a long line of teen girl sidekicks?

:negative:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Wait, does that mean I'm the next in a long line of teen girl sidekicks?

:negative:

Maybe since this Wolverine is female the sidekick will wind up being...Elixir?!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lager posted:

Maybe since this Wolverine is female the sidekick will wind up being...Elixir?!

Haha that would be an odd matchup, the healer and the lady who requires no healing at all.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Error 404 posted:

Haha that would be an odd matchup, the healer and the lady who requires no healing at all.

Only Wolverine can honestly say "I value Elixer for his personality and not what he can do ."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

I feel really bad about what happened with Thunderbird/Jack. I didn't give him an obvious in on a situation and he didn't grab it. Feel bad :(

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I realized I still had the liquor in my hand. What else would I do with it, besides kill Trask?

Duh.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

So who's next, 404?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I just edited. Woopsie.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Error 404 - I think you forgot to roll a distinction, as well! Gots to grow that dice pool!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Welp! I knew I was forgetting something!
In order to avoid too much retconning, I'll leave this action as it lay, but if Sion's ok with it, let's say I would've rolled it at d4 for a pp.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

So what's going on mechanically here? How much stress do the Sentinels have? I'm assuming Creed has none due to healing factor shenanigans and such, but what are we looking at for the robots? From your reaction to Rogue it sounds like we've won and just need to run like hell but I'm trying to figure out my action here.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Lager posted:

So what's going on mechanically here? How much stress do the Sentinels have? I'm assuming Creed has none due to healing factor shenanigans and such, but what are we looking at for the robots? From your reaction to Rogue it sounds like we've won and just need to run like hell but I'm trying to figure out my action here.

Mechanically, both the sentinels are down right now. ONe of them seems to be doing a thing that sounds like it could be rebooting (the one that got electro-shocked) and the other one seems like it could be about to self destruct which, considering the amount of ordinance on board, could suck for everyone involved.

Creed and Wolverine are scrapping it out. Creed has taken some pain but the last attack basically did nothing - odds are Creed will get another hit in before the Sentinel detonates. Iffin' or not there's anything left of them once the explosion is over and if they want to carry on the fight is up to them.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'mma probably keep ankle-biting sentinels until the/a blast sends me rocketing back or somebody picks me up and carries me away. :black101:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

I'll be posting this evening after my daughters are in bed. Last night I meant to but Arrow had its finale and I passed out after I watched that and read some comics.

I may be a nerd.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'll get a post in when I get home today.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Unclear on why Creed's the only one left. I only took d10 stress so I'm not out.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

Unclear on why Creed's the only one left. I only took d10 stress so I'm not out.

I think Sion means he's the only enemy left for us to target.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Lager posted:

I think Sion means he's the only enemy left for us to target.

Yes, sorry.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Who is up next if Creed is still up? I think there's just me and Gambit left this round, right?

Edit: Well, that was fast.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

So fast I did it before you posted. But so fast I also forgot for a bit that Sion said only Rogue and Pete had to go, so Pete's up.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Kylra posted:

So fast I did it before you posted. But so fast I also forgot for a bit that Sion said only Rogue and Pete had to go, so Pete's up.

Yeah it was weird. I was phone posting so it took some time because I'm terrible at that. Apparently it took me long enough to post that you beat me to it. Just weird that the timing worked out that way.

I'll have a post up when I have access to a real keyboard though. Does Creed have any stress for me to exploit?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

He does! he is at D10s and stuff.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Sion posted:

He does! he is at D10s and stuff.

Sweeeeeet. Posting in a minute here.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are actually a bit outside of my Marvel knowledge, so I'm not entirely sure what to do with your hint there Sion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wanda is frequently totally bonkers. If Gambit's key character beat is "lovably(?) sleazy" and Wolverine has "SNIKT BUB," Wanda's is "sudden, violent mood swings."

• Locked thread