Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

PrBacterio posted:

so I am the most boring, mediocre-rear end person to have ever lived and Im surrounded by geniuses and supermen but hey, at least virtual reality exists

That's barclay miles obrien loving owns you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Ryokurin posted:

So I'm married to Keiko. Cool with that. But I have two kids. Well, there goes the fun in that.

She spent a year on the planet alone with some other botanist and came back pregnant.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

PrBacterio posted:

so I am the most boring, mediocre-rear end person to have ever lived and Im surrounded by geniuses and supermen but hey, at least virtual reality exists

More like the only person who kept that place functional, with his mystical star fleet training "that can turn rocks in to replicators" (actual line)

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Narciss posted:

I actually have a very well-thought out theory on why O'Brien is actually the main character of TNG. I can post the essay if anyone is interested.

i would like to hear this theory plz & ty

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

That's barclay miles obrien loving owns you

i kept hoping he would plex his fingers through his dumb loving skull

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

does synthehol actually get you drunk cause miles is downing bottle after bottle and getting more frustrated as the night drags on

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tiberius Christ posted:

does synthehol actually get you drunk cause miles is downing bottle after bottle and getting more frustrated as the night drags on

i thought they said it didnt? so drinking it for the taste lol the future sucks

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tiberius Christ posted:

it has mild intoxicating effects but you can sober up instantly or some poo poo. scotty hates it

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

go home obrien i have to count my space bucks

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
O'Brien: heh this time when i go kyaking i wont gently caress up my shoulder

*fucks up shoulder*

Odo: Let me guess, you hurt your shoulder again? *shakes head*

O'Brien: hey gently caress you odo why don't you go turn yourself into a large, steaming pile of poo poo

Odo: *postures straight* What did you say?

O'Brien: you heard me, freak. go back to the excrement recycling unit you crawled out of. lol

The Sisko: What's going on here? O'Brien, you're fired.

O'Brien: fuk u too friend of the family.

Hey it's fun being O'Brien!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
sorry, but racism is dead in the 2300s. benny russell told me so.

Nog
May 15, 2006

Every time I beam up the bridge crew, a small smile creeps across my face because I know that the transporter is really just tearing them apart atom-by-atom, killing them, and making some clone of them on the other end.

Sometimes, I just sit there watching their patterns cycle around and around in the transporter buffer and think, "What if there was just some tragic accident and their patterns were all lost." I like to hover my finger over the button that would dump their patterns, seeing just how close I can move it to the button without actually touching it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fister Roboto posted:

*lives in a post-scarcity future society where nobody has to work to survive*

*works anyway and complains about it constantly*

Some people really are workaholics.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Ds9 true end

O'Brien: computer, end program. so thaas wut it would be loik if i were a gormless bellend, lol.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

immediatly gets blown away by wandering cardies

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
i can't go out in the sun because i have no melanin

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Well I'm off to go crawl around in these Cardasian triangle tunnel shaft things where everything is hard to get to.

***Goes to secret still, sits around for a few hours drinking before going home to his harpy wife

This is the first thread I've liked in the new GBS

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

ripped0ff posted:

Every time I beam up the bridge crew, a small smile creeps across my face because I know that the transporter is really just tearing them apart atom-by-atom, killing them, and making some clone of them on the other end.

Sometimes, I just sit there watching their patterns cycle around and around in the transporter buffer and think, "What if there was just some tragic accident and their patterns were all lost." I like to hover my finger over the button that would dump their patterns, seeing just how close I can move it to the button without actually touching it.

You'd think that poo poo would hurt like a motherfucker.

In the future Christian terrorists will blow up transporters because they are incompatible with the idea of a soul.

Edit: oh yeah, I'm O'Brien and my loving Northern Irish ancestors just came out a wormhole and broke everything

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

bashir to obrien

obrien here

come down to quarks and watch me bang these hot bajorian sluts, unless youre too busy getting bitched at by your terrible wife

no...no im having dinner, thanks though

alright bashir out

**stares at plate while wife stabs lovely replicated food in furious silence**

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Personal Log
Stardate 53244.4 1900 Hours

I constantly get demoted and given demerits for so-called racial and species 'slurs'.

I'm just calling them like I see them, and I see a bunch of spoonheads, graterfaces, dickears and wax figures. I got to ask the question, did we lose the wars?! These... 'people'.... should either be beneath me or out of my sight, they shouldn't be working above me or beside me.

Now they're makin' me go to counseling with some lady more infested with worms than my workstation.

I almost told her the reason I had to leave the Enterprise and how those same feelings have been creepin' back in. Let's just say that I've been about 20 minutes, every day, from walking down to the station's power reactor with a phaser rifle and just blowing us all to hell. Well, 'most' of us all to hell, since I don't think anything but human beings have God-given SOULS. I sometimes ask, "If I don't, who will do this when I'm gone?"

You know, being Chief of Ops, it lets you get everywhere and no one questions anything or wants to know what you're doing. I could set up detonators and deathtraps everywhere. I sometimes think, why not a dead man's switch? Something where if I fail to enter the correct code at least once every year it'll suddenly overload and start a chain reaction that will kill everyone on the station.

END LOG.

LOG SUPPLEMENTAL 2023 Hours: Keiko just told me she's leaving me... I don't think I can... Erase this all... End.

END SUPPLEMENTAL.

LOG SUPPLEMENTAL 2040 Hours: NO! I don't want to record another message! drat it! It's still on here. Why won't this feckin' thing delete! END!

END SUPPLEMENTAL.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 6, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wasn't Miles's "station" on the DS9 "bridge" like a little hole?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JediTalentAgent posted:

I constantly get demoted and given demerits for so-called racial and species 'slurs'.

I'm just calling them like I see them, and I see a bunch of spoonheads, graterfaces, dickears and wax figures. I got to ask the question, did we lose the wars?! These... 'people'.... should either be beneath me or out of my sight, they shouldn't be working above me or beside me.

Now they're makin' me go to counseling with some lady more infested with worms than my workstation.

I almost told her the reason I had to leave the Enterprise and how those same feelings have been creepin' back in. Let's just say that I've been about 20 minutes, every day, from walking down to the station's power reactor with a phaser rifle and just blowing us all to hell. Well, 'most' of us all to hell, since I don't think anything but human beings have God-given SOULS. I sometimes ask, "If I don't, who will do this when I'm gone?"

You know, being Chief of Ops, it lets you get everywhere and no one questions anything or wants to know what you're doing. I could set up detonators and deathtraps everywhere. I sometimes think, why not a dead man's switch? Something where if I fail to enter the correct code at least once every year it'll suddenly overload and start a chain reaction that will kill everyone on the station.

hahahahhahahaha

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Tiberius Christ posted:

bashir to obrien

obrien here

come down to quarks and watch me bang these hot bajorian sluts, unless youre too busy getting bitched at by your terrible wife

no...no im having dinner, thanks though

alright bashir out

**stares at plate while wife stabs lovely replicated food in furious silence**

Haha

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Once they teleported my baby into some other lady and we started forming a pretty close bond. Then she was like "nope this ain't happenin" but I was so desperate (because my wife is the biggest bitch ever) that I creepered on her anyway and it was really embarrassing and awkward and she almost broke my nose the end.

Professor Shark posted:

Wasn't Miles's "station" on the DS9 "bridge" like a little hole?

Yeah and occasionally when he was loving around in there it would electrocute him seemingly at random. Most appropriate duty station ever.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i don't even belong in this dimension

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

kira do you think we should bang?

eww, no miles, god no

oh, ok

guy has two wives and never gets laid

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Kira says some dude just transported a baby into her womb. What an rear end in a top hat. Makin me take care of his babymomma like this... *drinks another whiskey*

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I like to randomly transport items.

If you ever lost your brush, an old shirt, or classic book, the chances are it was me. Space is littered with knicknacks and heirlooms I don't even care about, just transported into the abyss.

Sometimes, I just hide things. Ever find something you were looking for somewhere that you'd already checked? That was likely me, too. Using the sensors to track your movements as you go from room to room in your quarters trying to find your comm badge, but I keep moving it around on you.

Sometimes I use the transporter to rearrange their quarters while they sleep or while they're gone. Moving a table an inch to the left, a vase a few inches to the right, putting a ring under a chair, remove a partially eaten meal from their waste recycler and deposit crumbs of it throughout their quarters. It creates a sense of paranoia and unease in their minds at all times. It's too subtle for them to realize what's going on, but it's just enough that they live their lives in a state of constantly feeling confused.

Truth is, it makes me feel better about things, to run into someone in the turbolift and see the fatigue in their eyes of things always feeling wrong, always feeling out of place. That was me, I did that to you.

Just go about your duties, being always loving thankful that I don't decide to someday transport you into oblivion.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

obrien have you seen my bucket?

no idea odo, no idea

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Little known fact, people will keep consuming so long is there is food on their plate or soup in their bowl or drink in their cup.

Using one of the never-used utility transporters in storage, a customized program on my personal PADD and a hacked replicator, I liked to sit in 10-Forward and test this theory.

It's extremely low mass, low power, and operates outside the power grid of the ship, so it's easier to hide and almost impossible to track.

Soup and beverages are the easiest, as I'm able to materialize the liquid within the liquid, so no one ever really notices. For every bit they take in, I am able to transport in an equal amount back to the container. I watched one night as some mindless drone didn't even notice their one bowl of Minestrone soup had by the end of their meal gradually become 2 bowls of French Onion, and then a bowl Vegetable. Or that their iced tea was getting spiked with more and more alcohol as the evening wore on.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
i have a weird shaped head and i hate my life

i dress up to go and masturbate in the holodeck all the drat time, i don't even start the hologram player my crippling brain diseases mean that even a human hologram would scare me too much to gently caress

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
my wife makes me eat kelp buds, plankton loaf and sea berries and thinks bacon and eggs is bad

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!
The Captain says that I'm too vital to the essential functions of this vessel to risk joining the away team. That's why he went personally down to the surface along with half the bridge crew. I'll just wait here where it's safe.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
*Resists having sex with a hot co-worker. Still gets treated like crap at home and work.*

Dolphin posted:

*is the only person who does his loving job consistently well, gets little to no credit*

Welcome to America.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Commander Riker, I like poker, think i could play some time?

Hahahahahaha!

No.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I couldn't afford attending the Aldebaran Music Academy (Thanks Federation President T'Pragh!) so I had to put my dreams of being a professional Cello player on hold.

Starfleet told me I'd get a scholarship for service and I signed right up. Then this Vulcan behind the desk after I'm in about 3 years says that Starfleet Scholarships won't cover 'arts' programs and that I should be satisfied because humans were 'only average musicians' anyway.

Oh, and my request to turn in my resignation from Starfleet? Denied. They were going to be sending me out to fight the Cardassians, instead. I don't know what a Cardassians even is, but apparently I'm going to be killing them!

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Tiberius Christ posted:

Commander Riker, I like poker, think i could play some time?

Hahahahahaha!

No.

Data, what about you? Up for a game of poker?

Chief, my interest in poker is to gain an understanding of human risktaking.

And...?

I'm sorry chief, your barely subhuman. Have I offended you?

*chief reaches around for the button in datas back*

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

duck monster posted:

Data, what about you? Up for a game of poker?

Chief, my interest in poker is to gain an understanding of human risktaking.

And...?

I'm sorry chief, your barely subhuman. Have I offended you?

*chief reaches around for the button in datas back*

O'Brien: hello all, I know I wasn't invited, but I thought I might crash the party. Brought some Romulan ale!

Stephen Hawking: *types furiously* LEAVE THE BOTTLE AND GO KISS THE BLARNEY STONE ON ITS DICK rear end-TURD.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

ripped0ff posted:

Post more...

JediTalentAgent posted:

I like to randomly transport items.

If you ever lost your brush, an old shirt, or classic book, the chances are it was me. Space is littered with knicknacks and heirlooms I don't even care about, just transported into the abyss.

And you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
I saw an episode where O'brien beats the poo poo out of tom cruise in the holodeck.

Obrien rules.

• Locked thread