Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Benjamin Black posted:

then he sees himself there and gets shot, turns out this miles was some sort of clone or whatever and he's exactly like miles except he's pre-programmed to murder someone at a certain time, and with his dying breath he's like 'take care of [our wife]' to his real counterpart and it was really loving sad

Everybody's having fun making fun of how much O'Brien gets poo poo on, but it makes me legitimately sad. gently caress the police.

Also, Colm Meaney is the best actor in Star Trek, because he manages to take the lovely technobabble and awkward dialogue the writers come up with, and makes it actually sound like real human speech, more so than the rest of the actors in all the other shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

according to the tng episode "tapestry" 9/10 of starfleet personnel live boring, thankless, miserable existences

Being an astrophysicist on the Starfleet flagship sounds pretty awesome and fulfilling to me, Picard just got all whiny about it because he literally would rather die than not be able to order people around.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

"She what? Cancelled the wedding? Today, without even a word?! Of all the childish, selfish irresponsible things to do!"

*marries her later anyway, regrets it forever*

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

OhDearGodNo posted:

"You spent a year on Bajor with a man, alone, and came back pregnant? Hmm must be from the one day you visited six months ago. I doubt you were loving that other botanist."

And somehow Keiko wasn't able to send word to him of her pregnancy over those months because she was "out in the bush" on Bajor, despite everyone having communicators pinned to their shirt with orbital ranges.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

I have a friend whose shoulder used to pop out at the drop of a hat. ...She never has problems now, due to 21st century surgery.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Benjamin Black posted:

If only they had access to such advanced procedures in Star Trek.

"I'm sorry, O'Brien, I waved my tricorder over your shoulder like a million times now. There's nothing more we can do for you."

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

limaCAT posted:

Fun fact: Data introduced Keiko to Miles.

And they say Data doesn't have a sense of humor.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Stormfang1502 posted:

Sisko: Chief I need you to pack up your stuff and move it to cargo bay 3. That will be your station from now on. We're bringing in some new people and we need to make more room in ops.

O'Brien mumbling: Okay but...if this keeps up...I'm going to...burn the station down...

Hector Beerlioz posted:

*Smokes joint in jefferies tube*

"Welcome to the Miles high club"

Nice.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

evilpicard posted:

Serious question guys does an acting ensign outrank a transporter chief?

SHUT UP, WESLEY.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Trast posted:

Pretty sure they made him a non-com because Roddenberry had some raging hate-on about non commissioned officers in his fictional utopia/mechanism to bang hot women on his casting couch.

Does he really hate NCOs? I guess it makes sense though, since I can't think of a single NCO in the history of Star Trek except O'Brien.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Everyday Lurker posted:

Where the gently caress is Ensign Holt? I've been standing at this loving transporter console for 12 hours and the bastard hasn't relieved me yet.

*door finally opens*

"You're three hours late!"

Holt: "You mean, 'you're three hours late, SIR'"

...."Yes, sir."

Holt: "You're relieved, you old potato."

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

When Miles has a really bad day, he replays the memory of Keiko almost falling to her death, over and over in his head. That's his happy place.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Disco Infiva posted:

Her ship, the USS Cortez, is scheduled to return in about one week, after she finishes her sortie on the Cardie border. I waited my whole life to be happy, dammit, I can wait a week more!

I had to google that, you definitely win the obscure reference award.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

faxmachine posted:

We both know who the real hero of the series was.

The show jumped the shark the minute Dukat became Bajoran. That plot arc was pretty stupid.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol freedom class wtf is this poo poo

Disgusting. Where do you put the deflector? This ship is the "leaving for work with one shoe on" of ships.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

God drat. That name is truly a curse.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Alternate universe Kira just makes me cringe from bad writing. Actually pretty much everything about the Alternate universe episodes was pretty poo poo in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Shoehead posted:

My prick is still hot and stiff and quivering from the last brutal drive it has given you when a faint hymn is heard rising in tender pitiful worship of you from the dim cloisters of my heart.

You're a poet.

• Locked thread