Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

daww nevermind

kater fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

I prefer GB West

Yeah I said it

(Tho Vinny is still the best)

:agreed:

And to fart on GBEast a little bit, that QL of Tembo was horrible! Alex didn't give a gently caress and didn't wanna be there and played like a potato. Also Coffin Dodgers - why the gently caress was that even quick looked?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In a perfect world Vinny would move back West.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Mu Zeta posted:

In a perfect world Jeff would move East.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mu Zeta posted:

In a perfect world Vinny would move back West.

In a perfect world Ryan would still be with us and he'd be saying stuff like "No! What are you DOING!?" At Dan's nacho cheese antics

😢

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Contradiction was a hell of a ride, it's a shame the ending was so abrupt but for what it was we got to see so much hilariously hammy and sincere Acting I can't even be mad about it. The game mechanics were close to collapsing under their own weight by the end, so I don't imagine it could really have gone on much longer. Perhaps the setup to a sequel is preferable than trying to wrap up every single dangling thread at once. I bought the game on steam and now just have to hope they'll attempt another and maybe implement a sane control scheme and menu system next time.
That and the Cradle QL makes me really want to fall down the adventure game hole again, that setting looks incredible. The sheer volume of text in that game on top of what sounds like another non-ending maybe means it's a buy on the first sale kinda game though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cradle is awesome, I haven't finished it, but it's only $13 and so far I probably would've paid more for it, it's incredibly well-made.

I do wonder about a Contradiction sequel, maybe it's best if we don't get one and they try something different. I'm definitely worried a sequel would end up being too self-referential now that they know the internet thinks it's funny.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

All the same actors playing completely different roles in a new setting would also be acceptable. I think the post-credits stinger tells you all you need to know about if they knew what they were making was going to be received seriously or not. I hope that like SWERY managed with D4, they can hang onto what makes their work so enjoyable without descending into pandering.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 2, 2015

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What was the game Vinny was sperging about about on the podcast? Was it Cradle? All the poo poo he was saying made it seem like Cradle but I don't think it was ever said.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

kater posted:

What was the game Vinny was sperging about about on the podcast? Was it Cradle? All the poo poo he was saying made it seem like Cradle but I don't think it was ever said.

It was cradle.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Time to buy one-a them wide-rear end monitors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EVZAiEUgrg

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I was all like "You know what? I'm gonna play a little Starcraft 2 before bed."

So I load up Starcraft 2 and apparently it's just hosed on Windows 10 for a lot of people, including me. Boo.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TheJoker138 posted:

So I was all like "You know what? I'm gonna play a little Starcraft 2 before bed."

So I load up Starcraft 2 and apparently it's just hosed on Windows 10 for a lot of people, including me. Boo.

It's also a bad game no one likes.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Windows 10 is pretty great, it's lightning fast in a lot of ways and just in general looks really nice. I still don't understand why I had to unplug the SATA cable in my optical drive to get it to install though.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

lmao at that music.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like to imagine that on Vita this game takes place in a 1-inch tall strip in the center of the screen

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

I really liked G-Darius so A++

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
windows 10 going well for yall lately? I haven't manually upgraded yet, I was thinking about jumping over once the first run of dx12 games start hitting

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Schurik posted:

lmao at that music.

best part

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

cat doter posted:

windows 10 going well for yall lately? I haven't manually upgraded yet, I was thinking about jumping over once the first run of dx12 games start hitting

Working fine so far, had no problems with anything. YMMV

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Have they fixed the Dualshock 4 thing yet?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Also Coffin Dodgers - why the gently caress was that even quick looked?

Oh cool I'm not alone in wondering why that of all things caught their interest enough to be worth a quicklook

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Schurik posted:

Working fine so far, had no problems with anything. YMMV

all your games running fine too? any performance improvements?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Andrast posted:

Have they fixed the Dualshock 4 thing yet?

No, they were too busy adding Windows 10 icons to their "Xbox Live is down" webpage.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

cat doter posted:

Only two games with notable issues for me are Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Both seem to take forever to get on battle.net, but run better than they used to once I'm in game.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

cat doter posted:

I haven't noticed any particular performance improvements, but if you're using a Nvidia card turn off MFAA if you want DX12 to be active.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Dodoman posted:

I haven't noticed any particular performance improvements, but if you're using a Nvidia card turn off MFAA if you want DX12 to be active.

there aren't any publicly available games with dx12 engines though right?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

cat doter posted:

So far I've only tried Kotor2, Guild Wars 2 and Cradle, they all run fine. Performance is the same.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

cat doter posted:

there aren't any publicly available games with dx12 engines though right?

None that I'm aware of.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I guess Drew did a Rising Thunder stream last night? Here's the archive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJFNpPgKZKM

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
GBeast is ok. Vinny is awesome. Austin can write pretty good but is really Patrick Klepek 2.0, and Alex is a really good drummer. Jeff Bakhar is the best though and should be hired.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jeff Bakula is cool and I'm glad they took him on as a Secret Hire

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Austin is better on account of better enabling Vinny's darkside

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Tae posted:

Austin is better on account of better enabling Vinny's darkside

It's kinda funny how Alex is the angel on Vinny's shoulder despite how much of a downer he can be

I'm not dissing him BTW, I mean downer as in cynical and being prone to brooding a lot

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Isn't it kinda weird how much GB hates the FF7 remake?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

not really, I think it's a stupid idea but I'm jaded and broken just like most of GB!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm fine with the 7 remake but I'd prefer them using the resources to make something new instead.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Andrast posted:

I'm fine with the 7 remake but I'd prefer them using the resources to make something new instead.

But aren't they doing like 10 different things right now, including creating a new studio to make new things?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Andrast posted:

Square Enix is a gigantic company that's released more high-budget games than probably any other singular company over the past decade

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Outside of Brad and Jeff, no I don't think GB hates an FF7 remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I'm fine with games coming out that I don't have to play.

• Locked thread