Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tartarus motel
Sep 10, 2006

kuro is an alright carry but who at that level wouldn't be with guys like s4 and notail making space for them? he's definitely good but i was always more impressed with his hero pool than his actual play which kinda just seemed like free farm carry doing what they do

tartarus motel fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kuro used to be considered the best carry in the world a few years ago, so its not like he's new to the job.

In other news, I just had the weirdest browser bug ever:

Aui is watching over us.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
new thread up
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691969

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Craptacular! posted:

I always had the feeling that Notail wanted to be something more of a core player, but probably wasn't going to get that as long as Kuro was there with the exact same issue. TI4 proved that Notail is flexible as gently caress, but he always winds up being Wisp & Some Other Dudes. He seems like the kind of guy who is good enough at so many heroes that you can draft around him by picking two or three heroes he's really good at and leaving the other team stumped as to which one is going to be his hero.

The guy who has been quite an amazing playmaker for Secret is honestly S4. And while it seems like a stupid observation to say that a guy who won a TI is still good only a year later, what a serious bounceback for that guy.

He's said that he doesn't mind playing carry but that he prefers the kind of control over the game that playing support provides.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

Petey Golfsystem posted:

kuro is an alright carry but who at that level wouldn't be with guys like s4 and notail making space for them? he's definitely good but i was always more impressed with his hero pool than his actual play which kinda just seemed like free farm carry doing what they do

correct opinion. thanks for explaining it so i can keep my posting to simple "this guy is bad" stuff.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Reoxygenation posted:

I bet EG regretted throwing after seeing the prize pool

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

"throwing"

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Does anyone know what this video playing on http://www.twitch.tv/mistafaker is?

It is a really interesting look at the CIS teams in TI4 but fairly high production value and reminds me of Free To Play.

Just looking to figure out maybe what it is so I could find it on Youtube or somewhere to watch again later

-edit- It is over now in the credits it appears it is a documentary that he himself created. If I can find a VOD I will post it, it was very well done and had a ton of great candid interviews with many CIS players about the events of TI4 and their thoughts during certain games/events etc. It was all russian but had full english subtitles.

Scorps fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 5, 2015

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Scorps posted:

Does anyone know what this video playing on http://www.twitch.tv/mistafaker is?

It is a really interesting look at the CIS teams in TI4 but fairly high production value and reminds me of Free To Play.

Just looking to figure out maybe what it is so I could find it on Youtube or somewhere to watch again later

-edit- It is over now in the credits it appears it is a documentary that he himself created. If I can find a VOD I will post it, it was very well done and had a ton of great candid interviews with many CIS players about the events of TI4 and their thoughts during certain games/events etc. It was all russian but had full english subtitles.
http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/474642-beyond-the-screen-ti4-documentary
I saw this posted Team Liquid, I don't know if it is the same one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

That is indeed it, it was a great watch I had missed the first part so now I can catch it thanks!

• Locked thread