Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

Is there a thread anywhere for actually getting into competitive dotes a la the TF2 one? Probably some way off playing with anyone but mates as I'm hilariously scrub-tier but I never see anyone on SA talking about playing outside of normal matchmaking.

If you have to ask other people about playing professionaly in Dota 2 you aren't good enough. The standard Dota 2 thread is fine for everything else.

If you are serious about getting a team I think now is the time to impress lower tier teams and go for a 6k MMR in solo queue. This might be a way in for very skilled players without a solid team.

I also don't think it's reasonable to compare TF2 and Dota 2 as competitive games. TF2 has a fraction of everything Dota 2 has, that includes lan events, sponsorship money, teams, tournaments, viewers as well as overall playercount.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

Yet somehow very little in the way of lower level stuff, whereas there's loads of amateur leagues for TF2 :smith:

Anyway, thanks for the responses - didn't realise it was quite so pro-focused. That JoinDOTA league looks ideal though.

The ranked matchmaking system "is" the lower level competitive play in dota 2. You even start to meet pro-players when you get to a certain rating!

• Locked thread