Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

n0tail isn't listed as best support, that list is bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Nikolaos posted:

He's entertaining to watch, he has the most memes of any pro player and a pretty sizable fanbase. And he's one of like five people who bother to stream. Dendi's the obvious winner but just because goons hate him doesn't mean EE isn't popular.

The fact that it's EE and not n0tail is an insult to all of us.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

http://www.twitch.tv/weedmandota

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

It's pretty safe to say that Fnatic have won more money than anyone else since TI3 though. They get second place in most of the tournaments they're in, even if they can never seem to get first.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Welp guess I was completely wrong. I didn't realize MLG and WPC had such large prize pools.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Ahhh Pugna. Noted bad hero who's nuke only does 25% more damage than CM's while requiring closer range which sucks for a squishy hero, and whose Decrepify can help you get off a nice Laguna's Blade I guess but all it really does is make it so your carry can't hit the hero. It's a good thing he has the life drain otherwise he would have no good skills.

source your quotes

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Another game where slark contributes nothing

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I just don't get it, his overall winrate is lower than 50%, and he just did extremely poorly in 3 games in a row before this one. Why pick him AGAIN? Give Dendi TA or something, that would certainly be better than slark.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ha, nope I missed game 1, but I skimmed the thread and it sounded like slark did bad. Guess not. :v:

Also Sigma thinks Invoker needs a nerf. O_o

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Being really good at a hero doesn't mean it needs a nerf. There are a handful of really good invoker players, but it requires a huge commitment and risk because invoker has a lot of crippling weaknesses.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

I kind of feel the exact same way about Alchemist right now, and I really hope he is not nerfed because the meta is making him strong.

The only change to the hero in the recent balance patch was the change to the ulti, and that isn't really what is making him so strong right now. He's strong because he's an excellent roaming, ganking support as well as being super flexible, so picking him gives nothing away for your lineup. Neither of those things are really problems with the hero's abilities themselves, and I hope he isn't reactionary nerfed into the ground.

Unstable concoction bug still needs to be fixed though

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Firebatgyro posted:

Yeah concoction is as intended right now, its just different than Dota 1. Alch probably needs a nerf though for the sake of both competitive and pub.

How do you know that it's intended?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Firebatgyro posted:

Because its existed the same way for like 2 years and contributed to pro games

That doesn't mean it's not a bug. Lots of bugs have existed that long and contributed to pro games.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I like this DK vs IG game much better than the last DK vs IG game I saw.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

god drat that combo

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

what a loving game, holy poo poo

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

iceiceice is a good player

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

TheQat posted:

If you're going to hold cheering for their home team against the crowd then I hope you bitch when Alliance gets cheered loudest at Dreamhack, etc.

He's an alliance fanboy so yeah that won't happen

E: hahah I still love that that Era/n0tail clip is in the intro show

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

YES THE DAAAZZZZZ

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

refraction + living armor is so lol

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

HAHAHahah S4 you dummy

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

what just happened :stare:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

dazzle has finally proved his competitive viablity

FINALLY

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

This game will usher in a new golden age of dazzle playing.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I"m just so happy a team is playing dazzle without playing him like utter garbage. Clutch graves all around, now I just wanna see more shadow wave nuking. :getin:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I think it's Na'Vi's game, but honestly I kind of want Alliance to get this one so we have 5 games.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

what a turnaround

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Navi lost a couple fights. They're in a bad position but the game definitely is not over. Xboct is still leading in farm by a significant margin.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Reoxygenation posted:

Dragon knight is such a loving strong hero god drat

gg go next, Navi isn't winning this unless Alliance fucks up.

lol

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Hahaha what the gently caress was that even

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Tinny_Tim posted:

Great set of games from Na'Vi, but why does everyone hate alliance so much? Na'vi wins more than they do.

Na'Vi is charismatic, Alliance isn't. Na'Vi is aggressive and unpredictable, Alliance is careful and methodical.

They're both great teams, Na'Vi is just way more likeable and fun to root for.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

BTS: LD, Merlini, and a bunch of other annoying fuckers.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I haven't seen Godz in ages. He's decent, though, hes never bothered me that much.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Drone posted:

I'm still pretty new to watching professional Dota, but who were the two commentators for the Starladder grand finale? I'm thinking of the one who also did commentary for the TI3 finals.

LD and Merlini, easily the best casting duo out there. Definitely my favorite. TI3 finals were LD and Luminous.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Reoxygenation posted:

Well I was hyped and then Liquid just shat all over them

Heh

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Does anyone have a link to recent games where singsing played mirana?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

http://www.dota2.com/newbloom/day2/

6.80 is out.

Most changes are pretty small, but the blink dagger change is HUGE. We'll probably see a lot more strength blink initiators like centaur, and slardar will definitely become way more popular. I can see tinker making a small comeback, too.

Forge spirits were slightly nerfed while Q/W stuff was slightly buffed. Might see a Q/W invoker after this patch.

One thing's for sure though, we'll be seeing a fuckton more blinks than we did before.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Majuju posted:

HELLOOOOOO WOLFY

e: if the patch hits tonight, will the final tomorrow be in the mysterious new world of 6.80 Dota?

Is it planned for tonight? I assumed it would be Thursday.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

TheRat posted:

Most (all?) of those are completely harmless though? If you wanna rage against tobi then call him out on his racism and all that but this is just silly.

Are you joking? They're all loving creepy and extremely objectifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

Zyori isn't even bad, he's just not good. Bland was a good description.

Bland is bad

• Locked thread