Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Just a heads up, Speed are all home from China and don't plan on going back because they all hated it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Its going to be interesting to see what changes Alliance make if they get blown up again at Starladder next weekend. At this point I'd put Navi and Fnatic as fairly heavy favorites against them, and Sigma are probably even.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Nikolaos posted:

To be fair they did just get to the finals of a pretty big tournament with multiple standins.

They get to the finals of every tournament lately. They just always lose.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Well known American team Speed gaming that is owned by the Chinese and features exactly 0 Americans.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

ArchangeI posted:

Charismatic doesn't mean popular. He is an awkward nerd, the opposite of charismatic.

Dendi is an awkward nerd too, whats your point?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
This is the dumbest game of Dota I've seen in a long time

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
So for some reason Bamboe+4 are playing an Uzbek team in the Korean Dota league :iiam:

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Eddain posted:

So what would happen if someone did ban Storm Spirit against Zephyr? Who else does Blitz play?

Demon's team did it and Blitz got wrecked

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Majuju posted:

I appreciate that D2CL is doing qualifiers for season 2 before season 1's finals have finished, to the confusion of at least one person (ME, GOD DAMNIT).

I mean Speed peaced out to China for like a month+ Its not like D2CL had any choice in the matter. Unless you want them to have played it on 300 ping.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

TheRat posted:

E: Loda is massively outfarming EE so far.

Hes really not at all, he just has a little more CS because Speed decided to push the safe lane

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Bone7 has a 14m Arcane/Blink with an offlane Nyx

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Asuron posted:

Loda is not Meracle. If he had the micro skills of Meracle he could turn this around, but we've never seen him do that kind of thing. Even if he could, Speed are not going to let him, they'll force the fights and he has to be there or they lose.

You're really overestimating Meracle here. Hes really good but the Naga splitpush thing isn't some mystical power. Watch Arteezy stream some time, hes been 1v5ing ranked matchmaking with Naga for the past couple days.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
This game is awful and getting more awful by the minute.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Speed just need to get a rapier/aegis on EE and yolo mid. I'm not sure what Alliance can do to stop that.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Hahaha, did EE just throw down that gem like a white flag? :laffo:

edit: a skadi, jesus christ

No he dropped it so he could buy a TP and escape because Alliance were out of disables.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Kainser posted:

Looking forward to Morphling coming back for TI4

This but unironically. Watching shotgun morph blow supports the gently caress up never gets old.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Mid Rhasta, hell yes

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Clairvoyance, not Capitalist, but yeaaaaah. :v:

Icefrog thought so as well apparently

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Taffer posted:

Welp guess I was completely wrong. I didn't realize MLG and WPC had such large prize pools.

MLG got crowdfunded by tickets. Starladder this weekend was too, with the grand prize being at ~62k right now. Whoever wins that (besides sigma) will be in 2nd on post TI3 winnings by a large margin.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Fnatic drafting all the burst damage right now. Wisp is going to have a sad time.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Goetta posted:

Fnatic played way way better in Vegas without Era. He just isn't adding anything at all whatsoever.

Eh, it just looks like Slark is not an Era hero. Normally he's arguably their best player

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
NAVI NAVI NAVI....silence

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
That Fnatic back massage gif doesn't stop being amazing

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Reoxygenation posted:

I'm not claiming to be a master or anything but when I watch the game I figure out whats wrong;

lol

Reoxygenation posted:

someone doing a draft analysis 3 weeks after the game was played doesn't add anything. I feel like it just isn't any different from the 50 different thread people posts there with how to support and stuff like that.

LOL

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
The best thing about pro dota right now is that Alch is like the only first-ban hero right now. Basically everyone else is banned on a team to team basis.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I guess Wisp/Slark should be pretty scary. Essence shift + overcharge is going to do some serious damage

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Well Pugna has been buffed since then

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Xboct plz

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Bristleback is a good hero for Xboct

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Pugna's biggest issue on display in this game. He needs to be all up in the middle of things and then just get loving exploded instantly

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

Interesting that this Pugna started working on an Aghs, then stopped after the Point Booster and went Necrobook.

Mirana bought 2/3 of a BKB and then just built a Deso instead

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Standard Navi procedure. I'm going to be really sad when they beat Fnatic tomorrow.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Taffer posted:

and he just did extremely poorly in 3 games in a row before this one.

Did you watch Navi/Sigma game 1?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Goetta posted:

Yeah I don't get why teams are so adverse to punishing a DK pick mid and instead tend to pick some other farming kind of hero instead.

How do you punish DK mid? He's incredibly hard to kill and dragon breath means hes going to get CS no matter what.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Yeah concoction is as intended right now, its just different than Dota 1. Alch probably needs a nerf though for the sake of both competitive and pub.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Taffer posted:

How do you know that it's intended?

Because its existed the same way for like 2 years and contributed to pro games

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Taffer posted:

That doesn't mean it's not a bug. Lots of bugs have existed that long and contributed to pro games.

No, the ones that actually affect pro games get fixed pretty quickly. See fountain hooking.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I think Era sniped one of timbersaw's items

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Wow no one likes Alliance.

Pretty shocking that the team that beat Navi at TI3 is unpopular in Kiev

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010