Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Craptacular! posted:

Most of the guys playing at the top level were children when Warcraft III came out, and have been playing Dota for their entire trip to adulthood. I was already n0tail's age before Dota was created. :sweatdrop:

You could always get some guys and join IXDL or something. It's not going to get you sponsorships and invited to The International, but if you just like arranged games instead of pub stomps, there you go.

Everyone here has been eating food and drinking water since birth. Please go sign up to challenge Joey Chestnuts and the Japanese guy who always wins at one of those disgusting hot dog eating contests and make sure they film it and youtube the film.

edit

I replied to the wrong guy but I'm too dumb to fix it. Alliance are the best team and will win a lot more dollars again once they find a way to make split push Dota win again, or play regular Dota more with Bulldog learning new heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Is there a good way to keep track of which teams are playing each day for fantasy league reasons? With Valve not confirming which tournaments count; does it even matter? I don't have the patience to open a dozen tabs of Liquipedia every day just to click some roster change buttons on a fantasy league with no confirmed rewards yet.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I don't see a justification for all of the "rat dota" whining. Do you really think that Furion alone won the game and that C9 would have won if they picked him? Do you not see how horrible C9 is at drafting and that this was a game most teams avoid by not giving both Furion and Treant Protector to not just the same team but a team with one of the sharpest Furions in the world?

If Eternal Envy drowns himself in 3 Coca-Colas and needs hand warmers for weird psychological comfort at a $45,000 tournament, literally cries at a $200,000 tournament...can we even imagine what he will do when he realizes he has won no glory and almost no percentage of $10,000,000 in the very near future?

Tune in next time for a manchild telecide.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Magical Zero posted:

Is that really true, though? C9 banned Bulldog prophet in the first game and they lost it 34-13 in 30minutes. The infamous 18-0 loss at Dreamhack was against an early game draft with Razor, Batrider and Slark. Game was over in 20 minutes.

In fact most of Alliance wins at Dreamhack were 30ish minute games.

Alliance is a better team than C9 in every measurement of talent and this is a good way of proving it because if you just say it without numbers people accuse you of just liking one team better. I like Sing for example and even he knows he isn't winning first at any International ever. He admits those kind of things in interviews, Envy is literally an adult child I didn't mean it as a cheap joke I mean it to imply his personality and thought process are holding the team back from having a chance.

I like Pie as well and can't pretend that his positioning is not anywhere near what it needs to be to be on a pro team. It's not a once in a while thing where he gets caught out for first blood, it's I think three times in their last four big games?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

The REAL Goobusters posted:

China is pretty effed.

China? You're worried about the pro players from China when I am the one who had CIS selected to win the wild card thing and now have to go back and see if my compendium is already locked? Let's worry about what matters here: legal gambling for no prizes of any form by the fans as designed by Valve.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ChaosReaper posted:

I'm curious what Draskyl is going to do since he got invited by Valve for something anyway. If he isn't casting with Tobi, then it must be Synderen right? I know that he's been with Sunsfan but who the hell else is going to cast with Tobi? Even with all the dumb poo poo he's done, Tobi has to be casting main stage matches and he's the only one who doesn't have a real set partner.

I imagine Draskyl will be on the main desk with James, also have they said who will be casting the new player stream or whatever it is called?

If we're going to keep the thread focused on negative stuff I would like to say Ayesee makes me physically uncomfortable and knows very little about Dota as well, LD is too loud and emotional to have any focus on anything, and Luminous totally owns but isn't that good at saying words. Every single game should have a pro or retired pro as a caster because they balance out all of the shouting and yelling everyone else does.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Misogynistic and transphobic are compliments in the gaming community and regardless of if it is cool or not you have to be really really dumb to think that viewers will cheer for and support people with the exact opposite views as them. Also he forgot to whine about Valve also hiring a guy who has a rape joke announcer pack as his magnum opus.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

YouTuber posted:

Wasn't Puppey the one who said between Enchantress and Chen you should always grab Enchantress because she does nearly the same function early game and transitions better late game because she becomes a pseudo-carry? We still see a lot of Chen so it's kinda odd for pro players to say it.

I don't think trading a ranged heal with a heal you have to hug people for several seconds, or completely losing a global heal ulti is "nearly the same function". Chen owns and Akke has saved Loda from dying a good hundred times with Hand of God in tournaments.

Also Razor is literally less fun than Morphling to watch, less skill based, not even a hero, etc etc. The problem with nerfing him is he would still be boring as hell. Change one of his abilities to involve both talent and luck, ty in advance Valve.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Waynebo posted:

thank gently caress c9 has lapses of judgments frequently

The key to playing for five million dollars is to reveal a strategy to Luminous and several other people and even tell them which team you're going to use it against and then pick heroes that are really predictable so they know to come kill three of you in rosh. Envy is dumb as all gently caress and too emotional to make a career out of this.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Longtiem posted:

this grand finals was like getting to watch 4 first round knockouts in a row

Spoken like someone who has never seen a knock out (those are exciting)

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

JAssassin posted:

So, when they make the SFMs for next year for TI5, what will they make for this grand final? Because there was nothing memorable at all about it.

A bunch of poorly dressed dads hugging their sons real tight for the first time ever hoping to win some of five million dollars. Every single person who made a joke about Alliance being a boring team to watch would pay money right now to go back in time and have this championship have been Alliance vs. EG. Not only would the games have been fifty times better but even this celebration was a loving bore. Fireworks explode as a five million dollar check is walked out and five guys sort of chant a bit in a language almost none of the audience understand. Back to you Kaci.

:puckout:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

WutangSavesXmas posted:

the worst part about this year's ti is mason earning money

I actually forgot about this and it would be a funny interview to ask Fear what he is going to spend half of Mason's money on (they actually agreed on this)

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

well it won't get anymore honest or funny than this folks

that owns

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

YouTuber posted:

Wow that sucks, Redeye did an amazing job as host at ESL One and had nothing but praise for Bruno being capable of jumping right in without a hitch.

The old guy who changed the subject if humor wasn't PG and who called towers turrets was definitely doing an amazing job. :puckout:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Yardbomb posted:

My god, do people really care about this, I always thought it was a joke. I'm just gonna start calling them ballistae.

The key is not to get mad about video game words so much as to realize the caster who does it obviously casts League more often than Dota and is a generic video game personality pretending to be in every community to make a few more bucks. Making fun of this is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Spudd posted:

He really did fine during the whole thing even though he primarily does League of Legend stuff, and so what if he's trying to make more money? That's his job.

Casting video games is also the vocation of James and Synderen and loads of other guys who are better at it because they're closer to the age of the main demographic, aren't afraid of offending their wife or kids, actually are good at and involved in the game and can understand and predict strategies, don't faint when reading twitch chat etc etc. I think it really makes or breaks a caster.

He seems like a really good guy I'm just realistically acknowledging that he knows more about CS:GO and League than Dota despite not being that deeply involved in either of those scenes either.

• Locked thread