Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wezlar
May 13, 2005

mfcrocker posted:

Yet somehow very little in the way of lower level stuff, whereas there's loads of amateur leagues for TF2 :smith:

Anyway, thanks for the responses - didn't realise it was quite so pro-focused. That JoinDOTA league looks ideal though.

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/26485-espl-launches-weekly-amateur-tournaments
http://nadota.com/secs/

Those are a couple other tournament series you can get into as an amateur. Just find some friends to play with and sign up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

PBS have been looking really good against some quality teams in the Pinnacle proam.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

People need to teach stats guys not to post statistics that are essentially "This game is literally over turn it off and do something else."

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Every dota caster should sit down and listen to Vin Scully for like 100 hours if they ever want to solo cast.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Kainser posted:

I'm going to see that chart as evidence that Startale is the second best team in the world

Soon Zephyr will be top 3 money earning teams. Then all the other EU teams will realize this poo poo and invade Korea?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression StarTale/Birdgang/Whatever is more or less the dominant team in Korea and sweeps up a lot of tournaments. They're sandwiched between teams that have won a major first place recently (DK in WPC, Speed in MLG.)

If you have to place first in a bunch of Korean tournaments to make the money of winning a single MLG or a WPC or Star Ladder or Champions League or whatever, then I it's worth it if you're sustaining top 2/3 placement. But if you have the whole EU scene move in, where a whole bunch of teams are really good and and teams that used to be dominant are sometimes dropping out early to teams that used to place lower, then it's basically a lot of struggling for a few morsels and everyone leaves hungry.

The winnings are almost entirely from winning Nexon Sponsorship League. MVP Phoenix is 7th ahead of VG, fnatic and LGD

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Lane winners like Viper/OD can still punish DK but he WILL get some CS. That being said, DK can't really punish any other mids, or prevent them from farming so if you pick a farming mid yourself you can usually get just as much if not more than he does.

I really like where DK is right now balance wise, I just think the overall metagame favours him.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I think that there have been enough patches since the concoction change that the entire ability is probably working as intended?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I would give Concotion 725 range and make Acid Spray scale 2/3/4/5.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

God I hope Zephyr loses.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

BTS just announced Zyori is joining them as a full time caster in LA

:barf:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Spudd posted:

Why, what's wrong with him? He seems like a chill dude.

Poor DOTA knowledge, literally brings nothing to the table

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Former EG members coming in to dreamcrush Blitz will always be the best thing, so I hope that happens.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Liquid is definitely in this game I don't know why Ayesee keeps talking like C9 is so far ahead. Well, he was until that rosh fight I guess.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

"Invokers item progression isn't where you want it to be" Invoker is third in net worth behind only the #1 heroes....

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Aui with one of the best plays ever, gets AA ulted, buys a cloak at side shop, live barely and then immediately sells it back.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Srice posted:

Dang, that was the sickest black hole I've seen in awhile.

Yeah, that Rubick Blackhole + AA ult was nuts.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

funn1k literally dies to two visage birds.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

EG just forced out a 9:50 GG from Team Dog.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Majuju posted:

Haha this is idiotic, Singsing/pieliedie are just loving clowning on Ahead.

20k gold lead in 15 minutes no biggie.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

SA's favourite team Virtus Pro is losing to hehe united on joindota!

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Meat Recital posted:

poo poo, I didn't realize Zyori was the HoN ball sniff guy. That owns so much.

I take it you never have twitch chat opened while he's casting?

S N I F F B O Y S

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I think TL should keep Bulba and TC, and maybe wayto. Fluff definitely needs to go though and I like qovwhatever but he seems to miss a ton of games.

In terms of who to replace them with I actually think Demon could be a good fit since he looked good playing offline for C9 at the monster invitational. Then they would just need another support and they'd be a pretty strong team for TI qualifiers.
Is 1437 still teamless?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

MuffinMan posted:

TL's issue isn't that FLUFF is the captain. FLUFF's whiney blog about lack of leadership is absolutely true, yet making FLUFF leader does nothing to correct that. There isn't one thing I've seen this guy do that commands respect or has virtue of leadership, including his interviews, the behind the horse video's and definitely that blog post.

I definitely agree on Fluff. All of the stuff he writes about leadership and how rare it is etc just comes off as completely whiney. I honestly don't think he has any idea what leadership in sports is supposed to be like. I hate to put it this way because obviously pro videogame players are gonna be a bit nerdy but he really comes off as the kind of kid who never played a sport in his life.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I feel bad for eHug, can't even beat WWD

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Best arrow ever by mason right there?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I think SEA will probably get two direct invites. If they don't I imagine NA will get two. I wouldn't invite Fnatic over any of those EU teams. That list seems pretty close I think.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I normally hate Naga DOTA but holy crap what a game.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

solution: run a tournament that incentivizes playing all your matches

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Firebatgyro posted:

Its really team dependent though. Dendi isn't gonna suddenly stop playing Dendi heroes and start going mid with Void or something.

Considering all the games Dendi has played as DK or Mag etc I'm pretty sure he will play whatever is the best whether it's a "Dendi hero" or not.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Red Red Blue posted:

Sayuri stole money from sick children

also is a dota groupie and has dated like 100 different pros.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

YouTuber posted:

Why does C9 hate China? The Smog or the awful insular culture they have?

Pretty sure those were both stated reasons actually

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Server Gaming :( Can't wait til Kiev.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Pretty funny in retrospect.

at the point where arteezy was razing behind the tower do you think he was just intentionally throwing? He knew Bat had a blink.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

BigLeafyTree posted:

Are you saying you're not a little French girl?

What's that about a coin flip?

Team that wins the coin flip gets server advantage. G1 was Luxembourg, G2 US West, G3 Luxembourg. Every game was a home server stomp.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

It's definitely just a problem when the best teams play online. Also part of why LAN is so awesome!

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Just make him immune to physical and magical damage. Necros still go through and sunstrike I guess?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

who the gently caress is going to sunstrike a SoF'd Ember?

That was why I said "I guess?"

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Why make Sunstrike the one exception (Like Invoker needs buffs)?

Sunstrike is ground targeted pure damage so in theory it would be able to hit. I'm sorry for this stupid tangent. They're talking a ton about Ember but Jesus this OD is doing work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

:siren: MMY MEEPO MMY MEEPO MMY MEEPO :siren:

• Locked thread