Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bulldog is one of the best offlaners in terms of getting farm while having incredible map awareness. I think he just has to get better at other heroes instead of changing him into a roaming support guy or something, which I'm not sure if he can even do at a competitive level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Malaysian tourney has actually been pretty good the past few days I've been watching it. They have been playing games during the morning hours EST but I don't know what their full schedule is

http://www.twitch.tv/dotatalktv2

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is cool how much better Korean Dota seems to have gotten just in the past year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That was a loving beating yeesh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Envy is so loving retarded

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd guess that fnatic is probably one of the top money earning teams given how they seem to finish in the top two or three of every event. Although TI3 probably skews everything a lot.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Crell posted:

code:
Team	 	Winnings
DK		209477
StarTale	95000
Speed.int	90942
NaVi		87392
Alliance	84083
iG		81360
MVP Phoenix	75600
Fnatic.EU	70733
VG		44702
LGD.cn		44632
YOu can filter by winnings after a certain date on DatDota

It's cool that there seems to be enough money in Dota these days to probably support a bunch of teams doing it as a full time job just off of tournaments. Obviously sponsors take a cut of winnings and pay out salaries so I'm not sure how it all works to the individual team member.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
LS and Io is interesting because you could bring 3 dudes on TP ganks. Although one obviously would have to stay behind.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Fnatic is getting baited into fights where they get relocated on

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

mfcrocker posted:

It'll be interesting to see what Fnatic do in draft Game 2 as their problem this game really wasn't in the draft.

The Slark pick wasn't great. Era didn't seem comfortable with it at all

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Slark or Timber didn't contribute to the rolling early oddly enough, it was all Alch/VS/Invoker

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Slark needs to actually farm instead of just sort of milling around like he did last game

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I would love to see n0tail do a farming Radiance Naga sometime he would probably be really great at it

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why doesn't Naga have a TP there

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Fnatic played way way better in Vegas without Era. He just isn't adding anything at all whatsoever.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I have no idea how to feel about the draft in the second game. The synergy was clearly there, but the question is if it has too high demands on execution to become a staple. Outplayed is pretty clearly the case here though, Fnatic had all the pieces they needed to win both games.

There is something to learn from game one in that Fnatics support religiously rotated and set up kills, Alliances supports ended up far better farmed, and the only one who really took a noticeable hit from the ganks was s4. Kills simply aren't worth that much in themselves, and they didn't end up disrupting Alliance enough.

Ganks aren't worth that much on their own if they don't lead to towers dying or a hard carry getting a lot of free farm. Like it works if Era was playing a Luna or something that could sit there with a midas and outfarm the other pressured carry. Even Slark can do that and get super nasty but he never really did for some reason.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sort of reminds me of the first game of the day, where fnatic got kills but no towers

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ok jesus, what a beating

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Nyx is a great pick against this team.

efb by LD I guess

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't get why teams are so adverse to punishing a DK pick mid and instead tend to pick some other farming kind of hero instead.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Firebatgyro posted:

How do you punish DK mid? He's incredibly hard to kill and dragon breath means hes going to get CS no matter what.

You can usually get in his face with ranged heroes and push him back to his tower. OD, SF after a few levels, or even like Viper would be pretty good. He is tanky and hard to outright kill but conversely he isn't scary at all without help or items.

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 17, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was thinking about the DK mid thing and why don't we see QoP much anymore? I think she ate a very small nerf to shadow strike but nothing that like wrecks her as a hero. Was it just other heroes getting buffed past her? Or am I overestimating how much she used to get picked up?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
n0tail looks so sad in the draft camera :(

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Good lord Funnik

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

Trixi is screwing up a lot here

Yeah

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh my god that meatball

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Every series at this event has been 2-0. Pretty weird

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
250k people watching across the various languages on Twitch. People love them some Navi v Alliance I guess.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Naga pick gets an immediate KOTL ban

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bulldog has been really great on Viper of all things but I think they usually pick him when they go offensive tri

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They had a couple really good teamfights when Puck got blink which caught them up.

Their NP really needs to stop dying though

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I find Nyx solo offlane a bit weird. Exactly what is he supposed to do when he gets lifted? Funn1k did a great job as Nyx the other day, but overall he got nothing of any real use done in the offlane.

He is sort of like BH where he goes offlane just to soak up XP until he gets 6 and then leaves.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah Corey basically won them the last game as a well by getting a ton of farm under pressure all game

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have the sound cutting out a bit too. Plus Fogged is way louder than Ayeese which is annoying.

The ticket for this thing is $7 yeesh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Omni and Storm certainly have some synergy when ganking

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Power Rangers are so fun to watch

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah he typed GG and disconnected and his team didn't pause for him.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah they were certainly still in the game so who knows, maybe he was pissed at yet another turd of a draft from PGG

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Reoxygenation posted:

Blitz didn't try to make a team, he wanted to join one, and got invited by Febby to Korea. When he got there, their carry player (Febby, the guy who left his ult on Weaver at level 1 until like level 20 and never leveled it up past that, that guy) left because he didn't want to stay and felt it was a lost cause. He went on to join Startale that disbanded like 3 days after :v:

Then the A-Team (Bamboe, Eosin, corey (who used to play HoN, legitimate good player) and Purge) went to Korea and they're on their way to kick everyone's rear end in Korea. Not that it matters because the korean scene is weak as gently caress at the moment. Maybe this'll be benificial for them?

What I'm saying is, this is all loving hilarious and the korean scene needs to step its game up if it wants to have a chance at dota 2.

Corey seems by far to be the best player on their team, or at least has been every time I have seen them play. Dude is legit really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I love Power Rangers

• Locked thread