Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Midjack posted:

Goondam room is up.

Edit : recreated it as a private room and invited everyone in the thread, if you want in hit ServiceProviderJ on PSN or post here.

Edit 2: Thanks for coming out! I thought I set the room private but apparently not. Losing 20 times in a row does kind of suck though; I'm not good at this at all.

Don't worry too much about it. Just work on your boost management and fuwa stepping some and your basics will improve greatly. That was honestly the biggest thing that ended up hurting you the most when we played.

And until I figured out the room was public I just thought goons were flooding in from some magical place. I got destroyed by the people that started coming in. Their basic movements were way better than mine.

Thanks for the games though! You're definitely doing better than the first time we played, back then you only side-strafed or hovered and didn't really use boost at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guys up for a couple of hours of Goondam VS on Sunday?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone up for Sunday afternoon Goondam?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Apparently four new DLC units are coming to Full Boost: FA Unicorn, Avalanche Exia, Char's Zaku II, and... Sandrock Custom.

Also while my lovely net had made wi-fi basically impossible, my gunpla club has finally gotten around to coming over a lot to play the game so it all worked out in the end. :toot:

Exia vs Exia vs Exia vs Exia at high damage settings was one the funniest things I have ever seen.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 7, 2015

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

Well. I will be buying all four of those new suits, that's for sure.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I watched a replay of 4x Epyon once and it was pretty funny. Will definitely be getting the new Exia at least, maybe Unicorn too.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

BlitzBlast posted:

Apparently four new DLC units are coming to Full Boost: FA Unicorn, Avalanche Exia, Char's Zaku II, and... Sandrock Custom.

... is that Sandrock from Endless Waltz, or is it from the TV show?

I'm down for some games this weekend later in the evening EST

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Probs EW since it says Custom.

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

It is the television version from Maxi-Boost.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

peeNamaste posted:

Probs EW since it says Custom.

It's the TV one like Dol said, they just call it the Kai because it's the latter half of the TV show one that had the beam uzi.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Kanos posted:

It's the TV one like Dol said, they just call it the Kai because it's the latter half of the TV show one that had the beam uzi.

Awesome that's way cooler

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

What time Sunday?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I should be free around 6pm

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OK, I'll have room Goondam set up then. All are welcome!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Room is up and I have it set to completely private, message ServiceProviderJ and I'll invite you.

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

Four more DLC suits have been officially announced (their existence was data-mined with the release of the last patch) for release on the seventeenth of this month.

They are
  • Penelope
  • Noble
  • Blitz
  • Harute

Gonna play Harute until my thumbs fall off.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Dol posted:

Four more DLC suits have been officially announced (their existence was data-mined with the release of the last patch) for release on the seventeenth of this month.

They are
  • Penelope
  • Noble
  • Blitz
  • Harute

Gonna play Harute until my thumbs fall off.

Fuuuuuuck yes. everyone buy Noble so that they realize that people like G, then maybe they'll finally release a Maxter.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Extreme VS has a side tourney at EVO starting soon: http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
Top 8 for EXVS is going to start in 15 minutes at the link above.

Also some new DLC is coming out in like 4 days. PV here.
  • Tallgeese 2
  • Perfect Gundam
  • Red Frame Dragon
  • 00 Seven Sword

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh my god it's like they don't even want me to get Maxi Boost. :swoon:

Also I await the inevitable Takeshi Iori version of the Perfect Gundam whenever they get around to putting Build Fighters in.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I only got Tallgeese and 7 sword of the new DLC, grabbed some of the earlier ones that I missed out on. I see now why Full Armor Unicorn was so drat prominent in the tournament. I was a little disappointed in how.. simple? 7 sword was. I was expecting it to be more gimmicky.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

New EXVS game for the Vita and

did those assholes skip BF? :argh:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cant wait to trash the thumbstick on my vita!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck if they do DLC account switching is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Are we sure its not just a port of the previous game? I imagine this series is popular enough that they wouldn't release the next major installment on a console.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's pretty much a Dynasty Warriors Gundam + EXVS mashup, so it's more of a spinoff than anything else.

It totally uses the same models though, so anything that shows up in this new game is on a fast path to showing up in a mainline game.

Phaelog
Jun 27, 2009
http://gundam-vs.jp/extreme/acmb-on/

Guess this is why there was not an announcement of a console port for Maxi Boost this Q4. MB is receiving enough significant system/suit changes that this version gets a subtitle now; not the least of which is the removal of the drive system and changing them to bursts plus a new burst.

Plus dates for stuff and something happening on Halloween? My moon rune skills are weak.

Edit: courtesy of d3taylz and his skype buddies from dustloop:

quote:

It's a massive patch overhaul to MB called Maxi Boost ON, there's a bunch of different changes:

- looks like they're removing the drive system to and going back to the burst style of FB, there will be 3 bursts: S improved Guns, F improves melee and E for extend, allows you to counter burst at 50% - in FB you can counter burst out of a combo at 100% meter, with Extend burst you can do this at 50% meter or more

- adding 2 new units, the same ones introduced in Extreme Force

- 30+ units are getting new moves, so they're actually altering the movelist, certain moves that are useless and others that are OP will be replaced with brand new moves

Phaelog fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

So, this will apparently have an English release in Asia and will have the Gundam from the new anime as a "limited time dlc"
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...-in-asia/.95450

Too bad I don't own a Vita

• Locked thread