Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Neo Duckberg posted:

we do not say "fag" or "friend of the family" here

I'm partial to "Figger"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hip Gelatinous Cube
May 30, 2001

what up
never bother reading a thread past the first page. everything you need to know about the thread is contained on that very page. just post.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

just post this web comic every time it is even tangibly related to a thread. it is good and funny every time

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

ok

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
If you dish out a stronger burn, you inherit all of that posters good will. It's a risky move if you're posting with 0 karma.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Hip Gelatinous Cube posted:

never bother reading a thread past the first page. everything you need to know about the thread is contained on that very page. just post.

Never bother reading a thread, period.

Just post.

If you don't manage to derail the discussion with your non-sequiteur posting, then you have to personally offend a goon. This might require light reading, but you basically just have to quote someone who has posted recently (preferably someone from the first page and someone who has posted several times) and disagree with them. The most basic rebuttal is "This is stupid. You are stupid." and usually that will be all you need.

If posting random nonsense not related to the thread and trolling individuals does not work, then you may have to use big guns: Embedding images. Or links. Images and external links are the simplest and most effective means to back up your position.

If you feel people are not paying you the respect you deserve, you can always try to have an annoying signature. Any signature.

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Just post.

If you don't manage to derail the discussion with your non-sequiteur posting, then you have to personally offend a goon. This might require light reading, but you basically just have to quote someone who has posted recently (preferably someone from the first page and someone who has posted several times) and disagree with them. The most basic rebuttal is "This is stupid. You are stupid." and usually that will be all you need.

If posting random nonsense not related to the thread and trolling individuals does not work, then you may have to use big guns: Embedding images. Or links. Images and external links are the simplest and most effective means to back up your position.

If you feel people are not paying you the respect you deserve, you can always try to have an annoying signature. Any signature.

agreed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
alternative misanthropic strategy: if a burn does not work, repeat it forever until the thread is closed

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

i tried to make some cookies but the ingredients list didnt call for baking soda or powder or whatever and they are flat

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

still delicious but seriously flat

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Sid Vicious posted:

i tried to make some cookies but the ingredients list didnt call for baking soda or powder or whatever and they are flat

Cookies are stupid and I question your sexual orientation. :argh: Ironically.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Sid Vicious posted:

still delicious but seriously flat

OMFG I can't believe you cookie fans. This is just like the last time you wouldn't shut up about cookies in the Goons with Spoons thread about baking, Sid Vicious. Why don't you just admit cookies are bad and you're a repulsive goon for liking them?

In seriousness, can I get one of those cookies?

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

yeah man come on over

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby

crowfeathers posted:

alternative misanthropic strategy: if a burn does not work, repeat it forever until the thread is closed

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Quote lines from 90s Mike Myers films - comedy is cyclical.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

yeah baby

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

Quote lines from 90s Mike Myers films - comedy is dead here.

lesbian at Evergreen
Aug 9, 2006
im gay

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i, too, am gay

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nonsense posted:

always upend your reply with goon sire to let the fellow goon in kind knows he is dealing with a true classy person.

save "you are a scholar and a gentleman" for those special occasions such as when someone finds a particular meme you've been looking for.

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby

your gay

most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties
The internet is a lot like videogames. If participating is causing frustration, stress, or anger, you are probably doing it wrong, and should stop for a while to reevaluate things.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

most erotic flower posted:

The internet is a lot like videogames. If participating is causing frustration, stress, or anger, you are probably doing it wrong, and should stop for a while to reevaluate things.

gently caress that, tryhard nubs (said the dude with the '12 regdate)

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
im p sure cookies are meant to b flat. this aint a regular cake nigga

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby
A good tip is to not do whatever the gently caress this is.

most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby

ChromiumCrush posted:

Dude gently caress you! I don't know if I wanna cum or hang myself!! I just wanted a few dots to hold me over for the night but you are blowing my mind. Honestly man, I'm just eating tasty treats and indulging in some other niceties I woulda figured out a trip if I'd of known you were gonna lay down such hardcore dots. You rule!!!

This is not a good thing to post on the Something Awful forums.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Just post.

this is stupid you are stupid

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
if someone starts doing an mspaint comic rate that thread a 5

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

disregard all of the above, just be a dick to everyone

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

Mod sass is a criminal offense even if the mod you are sassing is guilty of a criminal offense

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Joey Gladstone posted:

Mod sass is a criminal offense even if the mod you are sassing is guilty of a criminal offense

Oh, like jaywalking? :spergin:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
fire and forget

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
If you are an introvert that's ok but you have to be social too so post lots and don't forget to smile :)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Not every poster needs a presence on every forum and subforum. Certain posters will flourish on visually rich forums such as FYAD, Let's Play and PYF, while others may have more success with YOSPOS's simpler format.

In addition, subforums provide larger forums with a unique opportunity to show respective goons a closer and more detailed look — or the human side — of their communities.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

if you make a thread make sure it has a checkbox poll

The Cumburglar posted:

if anyone asks, you joined for Coupons and Deals, the best forum

The Rage posted:

~*anime*~

also :justpost:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
You have paid :10bux: and customer is always right so you can post whatever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

every topic of discussion can always be improved by talking about yourself or, even better, your kids. your fellow forum goers are always excited to hear about your monotonous existence :)

• Locked thread