Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

Themata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBa0WIUjuYU
I made this to show you how quickly you can get all 20 skills for the new Supreme Jack of Trades. I grabbed an impling at the last minute cause it was there, but I was going to otherwise do the agility course.

You have competition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mYbchcTqE8
47 seconds

But you do the same as me. Just perhaps in a slightly different order. And I use a bird snare instead of agility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

farcry posted:

Is there an option to change the scale of the interface that im missing? The fullscreen resolution selection probably does what I want but is members only. Dragging the chat box gives it a bigger area but not bigger text, the action bar changes its configured direction but not its size ect. I'm running on a 42 inch monitor and am up pretty close but everything is so tiny its hard to read.

I don't think there is, but it should be relatively trivial to just change the resolution of your monitor for the couple hours you play a day.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I don't think there is, but it should be relatively trivial to just change the resolution of your monitor for the couple hours you play a day.

Isn't there an option to change the resolution on RS itself? I'm not at my computer so I can't try it out yet but maybe try that.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Pina Coladas posted:

You have competition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mYbchcTqE8
47 seconds

But you do the same as me. Just perhaps in a slightly different order. And I use a bird snare instead of agility.

That sperg's bank is just asking for a cleaning.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Isn't there an option to change the resolution on RS itself? I'm not at my computer so I can't try it out yet but maybe try that.

You are correct, sir. I had completely forgotten about that.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I'm really dumb and posted this in the wrong thread:

I sold my Super Energy Potions and now have enough to buy Drygore MH, but not also an OH. Is it still worth it?

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010

Themata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBa0WIUjuYU
I made this to show you how quickly you can get all 20 skills for the new Supreme Jack of Trades. I grabbed an impling at the last minute cause it was there, but I was going to otherwise do the agility course.

Didn't watch, but my routine starts with catching a toy mouse for 3 agility xp.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Rafzakael posted:

I'm really dumb and posted this in the wrong thread:

I sold my Super Energy Potions and now have enough to buy Drygore MH, but not also an OH. Is it still worth it?

yes. You can shield/chaotic off hand until you can afford drygore off hand. Also if you can buy mace.

All of them are the same DPS but mace comes with the added +9 prayer bonus which makes a huge difference.

Also the level 90 melee shields run pretty cheap now, and don't degrade to dust, and once you get really good a shield becomes superior in a lot of ways to an off hand. Between resonance and preparation for healing and reflect+revenge you wont notice much a change in damage if you did switch to an offhand, other than getting hit considerably more that is.

Also just ask safety how good reflect it. :colbert:

edit: It seems the shields went up in price after the initial rush, so the level 90 melee shield is like 75M instead of <25 like I remembered. But hey, a chaotic kite is free.

allta fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 30, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
This potential bonus xp/drops/nothing event is great. Because of it, my GE history ended up looking a little something like this:

With my cash stack growing by nearly 30 million (I spent 14 million on bonds since I last posted a pic of it)

And my lovely farming/herb tab shrinking quite a bit:

Post-bonus hype/Pre-bonus hype

A lot of things sold for 500 gp above mid price or higher. Those are the things I sold all of!

By the next bonus hype hopefully I've accumulated a bunch of goods again, which I'll promptly sell off for huge :10bux:

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I will be highly amused if everyone votes to have nothing happen.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Bit the bullet, but I don't think I'll be unhappy with it. It actually only went for 87m which was a pleasant surprise.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Met a delightful scammer the other day.

Eventually he did hop.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Highly Unnecessary posted:

Met a delightful scammer the other day.

Eventually he did hop.

Good job defending the bastion of Goons that is.... Burthope!?

What were you doing in Burthope that required one dude only? :psyduck:

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Spergminer posted:

Good job defending the bastion of Goons that is.... Burthope!?

What were you doing in Burthope that required one dude only? :psyduck:

What.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Oh, he's buying spirit shards, not item-drop shards. :saddowns:

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
How does that scam work, exactly? Is it just like "haha, you've spent money on something you can easily sell back, haha!"?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So Runesky finally has 'pictures'. I only found out because this first one was linked.

Rock Golem in a church for some reason. I assume it's Lumbridge church because that's really the only church in the area I think they've done.

Swords come in black bronze, black iron, dark steel, black, white with black handle, black mithril, black adamant, and dark purple runite. Wouldn't that be fun to try to see drops?

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010

Way too loving long in Miscellenia.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Hey I haven't hunted implings in a while how about we go and

Oh god oh god a Kingly a Kingly!

:smug:

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Dwarf posted:

How does that scam work, exactly? Is it just like "haha, you've spent money on something you can easily sell back, haha!"?

Shards have a ge value of 24 but a shop/hard value of 25. You loose 1 gp off every shard you sell to him and because it looks even on the trade screen a lot of people fall for it and loose millions without realizing it.

example: I tell some pubie to buy me 1M shards from the shop and I'll buy them off him(25M cash) he then trades me the shards and I put up 24M and because there ge value is 24 it shows as an even trade, he thinks he's helping and not getting scammed so he usually does this a bunch more times until he either runs out of money or the person getting scammed gets wise.

This was a lot more common a scam when shards were 22 or 23 on the ge but it still happens from time to time. People worldhop about looking for high level people in bathroupe/taverly or ideally in the summoning shop, or just rich looking noobs/high levels who seem like they would have a lot of money.

edit: also goons keep aid off, another old scam has been coming back lately involving teleother. A person will randomly cast a random tele other spell on you (usually falador) and see if you accept it. If you do they tell you there just training magic and they need x more casts to get level x, and could you please help them? They cast it a bunch on you until you start mindlessly clicking accept and then when you teleport to the right spot they have a partner log in and cast telegroup ice plateau and then kill you there for all your items. It's really easy to fall for and it was attempted on me at least 3 times the other day. So yeah be careful goons.

allta fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 31, 2014

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Posting my shameful bank to get on the queue for Pizza Lady's cleaning skills:

(rest is here)

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

taiyoko posted:

Posting my shameful bank to get on the queue for Pizza Lady's cleaning skills:

(rest is here)

Please let me clean this bank sometime in the near future! Just pm me your details here and we can work out a time for me to do so. :)

Also who are you in game?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

There's a new Dragonstone poll up about creating Legacy mode servers, which would bring back Pre-EOC combat and interfaces on other servers. I think it's a waste of time and effort, but the polls are already showing a strong support for it so it doesn't matter at this point. :v:

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Simsmagic posted:

There's a new Dragonstone poll up about creating Legacy mode servers, which would bring back Pre-EOC combat and interfaces on other servers. I think it's a waste of time and effort, but the polls are already showing a strong support for it so it doesn't matter at this point. :v:

Isn't that what 07Scape is for?

I hope they no-effort it so it makes things like the Kalphite King impossible since you have no abilities though. :laugh:

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Now I know some goons play this still I might pick it up again. It always held a special place in my heart thanks to being babbys first MMO.

I've still got access to an old character of mine with some reasonably good skills, but with all this new stuff that's been put in is it worth making a new dude and starting from scratch? For reference, the last time I played for more than 5 minutes was probably 2010.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Vitamins posted:

Now I know some goons play this still I might pick it up again. It always held a special place in my heart thanks to being babbys first MMO.

I've still got access to an old character of mine with some reasonably good skills, but with all this new stuff that's been put in is it worth making a new dude and starting from scratch? For reference, the last time I played for more than 5 minutes was probably 2010.

It depends; I usually like a fresh start after extended breaks, but if you have either a) a lot of money or b) above 60+ in several skills or c) rare pieces of equipment (like, say, Nex armor) it'd probably be wiser to keep your account.

That being said, it's not too bad to jump back in; just pick a new, safer goal (like reaching level X in firemaking or something) to ease you back into the game, and go from there. Citadel work is a good reintroduction as well.

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 31, 2014

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
It's never worth it to start a new account if you've got an old one. You've got a leg up in terms of moneymaking, even if you're all level 20 skills, and it's not like you can't do the new stuff anyway; it has no impact if you're an old character. You can even go play the new tutorial.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Ok I think I'll stick with the dude I have now then. His skills are better than I remember actually. Setting some kind of goal and sticking with it will probably help get back into it anyhow.

For what it's worth, here's his skills and the crap I've built up in the bank:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Vitamins posted:

Ok I think I'll stick with the dude I have now then. His skills are better than I remember actually. Setting some kind of goal and sticking with it will probably help get back into it anyhow.

For what it's worth, here's his skills and the crap I've built up in the bank:

All in all it looks like a real good start. Far better than starting from scratch.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

Only took me SEVEN YEARS.

Also hi.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

ScottyWired posted:

Only took me SEVEN YEARS.

Also hi.

Kill dragons and farm herbs and do the miscellenia quests. You will more than double your income in a week.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Simsmagic posted:

You misunderstood. It's legacy mode people on the same server. Interacting, and presumably even able to pvp each other. And the ability to switch at will.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Kgummy posted:

You misunderstood. It's legacy mode people on the same server. Interacting, and presumably even able to pvp each other. And the ability to switch at will.

Which sounds like a complete utter clusterfuck that seems a completely pointless waste of time now they're returning Special attacks to weapons and introducing Revolution/Momentum+

But anything to bring us back to the old days of high skill PvP.

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 31, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Some dumb idiot posted:

Which sounds like a complete utter clusterfuck that seems a completely pointless waste of time now they're returning Special attacks to weapons and introducing Revolution/Momentum+

:airquote:

Hahahhahahahah

Holy poo poo I love the called shot

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

At least they were nice enough to warn them.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Some dumb idiot posted:

:airquote:

Holy poo poo, forget I said anything the old combat system was the BEST.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
attn all mid-high level goons

Go kill blue dragons, both their hide and their bones sell for 6k each right now.

This has been your daily psa from trusted source TheGoatSea.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
As much as I'd love to see the glory days of PKing come back I can't see it happening, the comunity for it doesn't seem to be there in the main game anymore and there's too few people across too many worlds to make the wild worth it. Also yeah, the system they seem to be proposing where legacy combat will work on the same worlds seems like a really bad idea until I actually see some details of how they intend to make it work.

That gif made me look back through my old pking pics. These are my favourite ones, more for the chatboxes than the sick loot:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Why pk when you can train hunter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

That last one made me :laffo:

Bank #7 is cleaned, the fastest one yet! That being Lgimmvp/Lemonytang!

I also did a 'max clean bank' thing, showing with red dots items I think can be gotten rid of through use or tossing, and dotted those in red:

I'll do all those for the previous six banks, even though they would've changed by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b08SbyJXaPU

• Locked thread