Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!

Skanker posted:

The portrayal of women isn't exactly positive in it, hell the protagonist of Deception IV is barely wearing clothes.

Apart from the main character having the wedgie to end all wedgies she's not the worst series protagonist by a longshot. She plays her role totally straight and humorlessly while sometimes seeming... half asleep. The princess needs her loving coffee before a long day of murdering, my god. There are supposedly other costumes, too, but I know nothing about unlocking them or what they actually look like. Her demon buddies are a lot less serious. There is at least one instance of her being a princess, though! A guy named Vale is the only character so far that addresses her properly.

This is serious progress for the series. Kagero 2/Trapt/??? was the worst and most vile of the series. Hapless princess lady is forced to accept the contract of the castle due to being framed for murder or something? A(l)licia was renamed Allura because reasons :downs: but kept her fabulous super-short skirt-outfit that forms a natural arrow pointing to her crotch! To be fair everyone wears garb that wouldn't be accepted in a Final Fantasy game but her clothing is honestly the least indignity Allur-icia must face. Being able to kill the man making rape-y dialogue does not make it better :mad:.

Deception 3 had an unwilling lead as well but she's actually fairly likeable from what I remember and she's wearing more stuff more practical than lingerie! Kagero/ Deception 2 just had a robot in a dress instead of a main character. Millenia murders mostly based on orders but isn't resentful of them, she just doesn't care. If IV's lead is rife with emotion in comparison. The only notable female characters in Deception 1 were a princess who dies and may/may not be resurrected as a summonable attack-monster and Astarte, who serves as an adviser to the main character and helps try to find Satan's lost jewelry. Somehow rings and necklaces will free him from the confines of some magic mirror portal thing.

I didn't really grow up being aware of 'girl' games so this thread is fascinating! Coloring books and dolls and fake kitchen gear were what girls played with, them vidja games were supposed to be for boys! I received so, so much abuse growing up for my insistence on playing with Pitfall Harry and Mario. Why do you have Ninja Turtles in addition to Barbies what's wrong with you. All it did was encourage me to bury my feminine side. I got better, though, and wear dresses because I want to. Bwa ha ha :j:!

I don't think anything can top the Beautiful Car, though. Not even that puppy. Now, put the puppy in the car, that would be the most amazing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

Elissia posted:

In Deception 3 Millennia is pretty much just a robot who happens to look like a lady. It's also implied in one of the endings that she is turned into Astarte by satan which leads into Deception 1.

Huh. I forgot all about Ms. Brainwashed's implied ending. At least Satan is less irritating than the timenoids (you know your race name is too long when the game abbreviates it). IV is the first time a lead acts under her own volition rather than being blackmailed/brainwashed/compelled by maaagic even if her fashion sense is bonkers. It's not offensive as much as it is painful-looking. Normal wedgies are bad enough :gonk:.

Devious Vacuum posted:

Just some appreciation for my beautiful art

I unironically want an icon of the deranged cartoon dishwasher... or is it really a carton dishwasher? Maybe that's why it's so deranged-looking! Please allow me to embellish it with pretty colors to replace my balding Captain Scarlet :3:?

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

Ramengank posted:

Does 123peppy.com have drawing tutorials for left-handed people? This might be a little too right-centric for my tastes and abilities.

Just turn your monitor upside down, silly :downs:!

I... I think I did something wrong.

Oh dear.

:stare: My Beautiful Carton Dishwasher

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

Kojiro posted:

So, uh... does anyone else go back to the BEAUTIFUL CAR! music on occasion?

What do you think the blinking lights are an homage to :geno:.

"As far as fat oxes go, I think you're the prettiest!" :v:
"..." :j:

Food accessories or not I'm surprised that there are 'fatty fat' dress up games that don't involve constant tears running down the face or horrific crumbs down the doll's blouse because everyone knows she still shoves so much food in that gaping maw it just kinda spills out. Or hideous varicose veins. Or animated flab a-flappin' in the wind. The clothes aren't fabulous (nothing compares to that Ru Paul game) but they're not clearly trying to wear clothes that don't fit, stolen from the stick-insect girls or otherwise.

Now where's my fat carton baby dress up set?

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

Devious Vacuum posted:

I don't believe in YouTube comments.

What with the G+ integration commenting is annoying, anyway. Long live the legacy unlinked accounts that can't comment anymore even if their users want to, yay :toot:!

Why are the flirting 'x' games getting progressively worse? The last one didn't even have lasers! Bah! LET ME CHARM YOU :black101:!

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

You can't expect women to care about something that isn't clothes! Let's be realistic here.

It does, indirectly! Non-toxic clothes are the best clothes :j:!

Money is necessary to buy more stuff so bothering Tasha seems like a solid priority. Dress for success, go business like a professional!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

Devious Vacuum posted:

Thanks everybody!!!!

It's not supposed to be Windex, it's toner :gonk:! Amazingly the last video was even more unnerving than the whole rock-chewing business. This is how serial killer see all people. Pick 'em up, do whatever and then discard. Creepy!

Thanks, DVac! We'll always have girl games (probably :( ). And carton dishwashers.

• Locked thread