Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Whoo boy, this is going to be a fun thread!

I don't remember much about girl games being any more than cheap flash games growing up, since I didn't really get into the internet until early high school, but I did have sisters. My sisters and I would play together with each of our stuff. We'd mix stuff like their dolls and my Lego for example, it was pretty fun times. We'd swap, but more often it was borrowing my stuff; when I got to see their Barbies, they could only move their whole legs, arms and head and maybe had functioning knees and elbows that popped when you bent them. I could see why they didn't find them as interesting, so I was cool with them using whatever. The Lego were the real boon though, we'd build and deconstruct stuff all the time. One of my sisters loves to draw and doodled a lot when she was younger. One thing we did was she'd draw little mini-comics and I'd use Kirby Super Star's sound-test to add little sounds and music, make it all dramatic. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Laura Bailey, VA since the 80's, is finally having her big break. :unsmith:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who'd accessorize the hell out of myself in Morrowind. I would have an entire wardrobe in my mansion, one set out on display and another set in storages so that I can pick out what I want to wear and put away what I've gotten tired of.

I remember having the hardest time having a full getup match with the egg hat with the white trim.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
"Yes I'll have a Let's Patty with extra cheese, cut the commentary."

"Would you like your subtitles grilled or fried?"

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Ghoulia is the best of the Monster High bunch and I'll hear nothing else on the subject. :colbert:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Devious Vacuum posted:

Oh my god, Ghoulia. Thank you for showing me this. My faith in Girl Games is restored.

Mordaedil posted:

Holy poo poo this is great. Is the rest of this show like this or is Ghoulia just great?

Far as I know, there's a bunch of those webisodes if you look around on Youtube, I think the ones I linked are on the official channel. They're all a handful of minutes, short, but of all the ones I've seen, the ones with Ghoulia are gold. Such an awesome character when juxtaposed with her high school buddies. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
When it came to having dudes understanding what it's like to be frustrated with how your sex/gender is portrayed, a recent example I like to use for others is to point to Disney's Brave and ask that they pay close attention to how the men are portrayed.

Once I started noticing it when I watched it the first time, I kept cringing more as it got worse. All the men putting on airs and trying to out-man each other, getting their sons in on it too. And the one guy who's all suave and manly loses his everloving poo poo when he performs less than perfectly at the archery event.

God, and then when they go on a crusade through the castle for the bear, they go on a chase and end up on the roof thanks to their manliness. I forget if this was before or after they were ready to declare war on each other's clans by continuing to escalate and escalate, but that was pretty bad too; it gets confounded with the idea of clans and loyalty, but masculinity's mixed in there too.

And right at the end, no, they gotta give you one last dollop of it with the old men staring at the wife after she's no longer under the bearcurse and she's "nude as a wee babby" under what's covering her, and it was the husband that had to shoo them off. Because we just can't help ourselves, drat it. :arghfist::reject:

Then you remember that, for women, it's like that with just about anything, having a crude characterization placed upon you because of who you are, to the point that the gender is the joke.

It sucks and it's terrible that it's so pervasive and easy to fall into.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Baby Hazel started with demanding a Spongebob plush. Now she wants your soul.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Spin me right round
like a girlgame, baby

That dollmaker game's great. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Say what you will of the manga page creators, the options are amazing. Just look!

:japan:

edit: This thing's great!

tlarn fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 13, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Nihilarian posted:

Shoulda put sunglasses on the fedora.]

Edit: I'm watching a girl play a girl game about a girl playing a girl game. :psyduck:

Mirrors are more fun than television.

I laughed a lot harder than I should have at the giant fedora. I still don't get what's with some games having tan or dark skin tones that have a tinge of green do it.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
There's really only one thing that was missing from that last dressup-game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VbYZDohsHk

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

"I've been blessed with the red pill, m'lady. You have nothing to fear and everything to love. :smuggo:"

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I really have too much fun making little avatars.

No I Can't

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Friends don't let friends
play horse games

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I also thought of Cooking 'Bama, and it's that much more depressing that they missed such a golden opportunity. :negative:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
If our buddy can get us any job, I wanna see her land us a job as a UL Engineer when we don't even know if our degree goes towards that career path. :colbert:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Killrrhubarb posted:

What? This cabinet requires assembly? Screw that, my coffee maker can just go on the floor.

A store that sells furniture that doesn't even provide its own screws and Allen wrench is a store not worth shopping at, in my book.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Yo I'm a Psych major and the study on concentration on a test changing depending on attire worn sounded interesting.

Also, in the second video, I was expecting it to go horribly wrong ala HowToBasic. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Icecream Jane posted:

Oh my god, I didn't even realize my user name was junk food based! It is me, I am the stereotypical plus sized girl.

It's okay, it's just gelato. :unsmith:

• Locked thread