Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Agent Interrobang posted:

And more importantly, how DO you type with boxing gloves on?

Very carefully, I assume.

I had these games on Wii Virtual Console, but I seem to have lost them on the switch to the Wii U. They were some good times. Thanks for playing through them again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010

The Deleter posted:

Very carefully, I assume.

I had these games on Wii Virtual Console, but I seem to have lost them on the switch to the Wii U. They were some good times. Thanks for playing through them again!

I had the Wii copy of the game glitch and freeze on me. I only bought it on there because it almost seemed like the game was gonna be released for the Wii and nothing else.

A boxing glove has a part of it surface that is slightly outward than any other. The question is how much practice did Strong Bad have in order to type that fast?

Dreadwroth posted:

EDIT: I just totally sent an email to Strongbad about the future of Homestarrunner.com... hahahaha!

The people on here have done some crazier things before.

Sandata fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 7, 2014

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think this is the last SBEmail so far.
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail205.html
Did somebody say, sepiatone?
EDIT: I just totally sent an email to Strongbad about the future of Homestarrunner.com... hahahaha!

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 6, 2014

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
Goddamn I miss Homestar Runner. Any chance of making this a Homestar Megathread and maybe playing some Stinkoman or Peasant's Quest?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Verus posted:

Goddamn I miss Homestar Runner. Any chance of making this a Homestar Megathread and maybe playing some Stinkoman or Peasant's Quest?

Exits are North, South, and Dennis - Let's Play Homestar Runner!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Verus posted:

I loved Stinkoman and I think I tried to do a full playthrough once. No chance in hell. That game will gently caress you up, legit or not. I think they still haven't fixed the glitch in level 1 where if you die on the boss fight, the floor vanishes.

A Peasant's Quest LP would rock though. I think that's my favourite game on the site.

Bunmo
Jul 9, 2009

Grape
Soda
Banked
Good beevning tender dumplings. I'm Senor Cardgage and I give this thread two ham sandwiches sunny side up.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

EDIT: Aggggghhhhh, what the crap? The last 3 minutes of this video didn't get uploaded? Why does this just happen to have the same length as episode 9 down to the second? Something's not right here. I'll try to get this fixed sometime soon, but it may not happen until tomorrow. I wasn't expecting there to be any problems.

EDIT 2: removed broken episode for now.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 10, 2014

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010
Even the videos of the video game of Strong Bad want to say "No updateing allowed". It's a evil little curse.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So apparently, not only is the encoded video the wrong length, but MeGUI also refuses to see the whole length of the recorded video meaning there's probably something wrong with that. Which means I have to redo the first part of the game and either record just the ending and splice it in or re-record the whole dang thing. Fantastic.

I'll try and fix it tomorrow. Maybe. Ugh.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The curse of telltale game Lets plays lives on...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to the bonus material and the next game; good luck getting things sorted out!

The conga line puzzle was a rather weak ending, but I liked the musical preludes to it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, I'm up to episode 3 of the first pack, and they are overusing the gently caress out of the word awesome.

Definitely seems emblematic of that time period of internet humor.

Colorred
Dec 26, 2012

Color Printer posted:

So apparently, not only is the encoded video the wrong length, but MeGUI also refuses to see the whole length of the recorded video meaning there's probably something wrong with that. Which means I have to redo the first part of the game and either record just the ending and splice it in or re-record the whole dang thing. Fantastic.

I'll try and fix it tomorrow. Maybe. Ugh.

Any luck with fixing the video?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I don't know if everybody who follows this thread has heard, but I know everybody who follows this thread should care: HomestarRunner.com updated for April Fools'.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It took awhile for it to actually do anything for me. But it was worth it.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Did you click the screen after it said it was okay to restart the computer? There's a little bonus bit if you do that.
Best April Fools ever.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh my gorsh; this is arguably the greatest news to have received this April Fools. More so than Half-Life 3

Edit: I am the only person who didn't bother hunting for the clickables by simply whacking tab as soon as the end screen showed up?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 1, 2014

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

Kloro posted:

Did you click the screen after it said it was okay to restart the computer? There's a little bonus bit if you do that.
Best April Fools ever.
There's actually three Easter eggs on the end end screen, but one of them is more involved than the others. I won't say what to click on so that others can find these things themselves.

Sandata
Mar 19, 2010
This is the best April Fools day ever in the history of ever. Of course this update has seemed to destroyed the official Homestar Wiki so it's gonna be a while till I can look up and cheat all the Easter eggs out of this cartoon. Also they might not have found everything yet.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

You can always hold tab!

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!
^^^Yep, I've used tab to find Easter eggs, but I think it's more fun trying to find them on your own first.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

That made my loving morning yesterday, not gonna lie. :allears:

I had a bonus little "Not Quite April Fools" update planned for yesterday, but it didn't go through. Alas.

Anyway, now that I've got a bunch of things sorted out (technical and non-technical), the next two videos (one might be a episode 1 bonus) should be up by the end of the week and we can continue this thing full force. Provided OBS, MeGUI, Avisynth, and YouTube all cooperate with me. Please.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

OOPS I got distracted and I still haven't finished the videos. But that's okay because I'm going to put out a :siren:BONUS UPDATE!:siren:

Stay tuned for it. Any. Minute. Now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

THY DUNGEONMAN

Thy Dungeonman was released on January 12, 2004, the same day as Strong Bad E-Mail #94, video games. Created by Videlectrix, it received two sequels later on which we'll also be going through at some point. In the meantime...

What wouldst thou deau?
>
LOOK SCROLL

Parchment, definitely parchment. I'd recognize it anywhere.
Ah, yes, a parchment scroll. How surprising. Guess we'll need to grab it if we actually want to read it.

> GET SCROLL

(+2 points)

Wait, what?!? No! Come back!

> LOOK SCROLL
Ye seeth nothing wheretofore it went ZAP.
> GET SCROLL
Ye doth suffer from memory loss. YE SCROLL is no more. Honestly. (-1 point)

Crap. Guess we're on our own.

> LOOK

Alright, whatever, let's get ye flask.

> GET YE FLASK
Ye cannot get the FLASK. It is firmly bolted to a wall which is bolted to the rest of the dungeon which is probably bolted to a castle. Never you mind. (+1 point)

...I said, let's get ye flask.

> GET YE FLASK
Ye cannot get the FLASK. It is firmly bolted to a wall which is bolted to the rest of the dungeon which is probably bolted to a castle. Never you mind. (+1 point)

...I said, let's GET YE FLASK.

> GET YE FLASK

(-1000 points)

Oh. Oops.

Play again? [Y/N] Y

THY DUNGEONMAN

YOU ARE THY DUNGEONMAN!

Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a SCROLL. Behind ye sc
-Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's skip all this crap and move on.

> NORTH

What the heck are parapets?

> LOOK PARAPETS
Well, they're parapets. This much we know for sure.

Gee, thanks. What about that rope?

> LOOK ROPE
It looks okay. You've seen better.
> GET ROPE

(-1 point)

Dang it! Not again!

Play again? [Y/-All right, forget this, let's skip everything and go south this time.

> SOUTH

Ooh, a trinket! Maybe this won't kill me when I try to grab it.

> LOOK TRINKET
Quit looking! Just get it already.

Alright already! Jeez.

> GET TRINKET
Ye getsts yon TRINKET and discover it to be a bauble. You rejoice at your good fortune. You shove the TRINKET in your pouchel. It kinda hurts. (+2 points)

Hooray! We got the trinket without dying.

> LOOK TRINKET
Just a bulge in thou pouchel at thist point.
> NORTH
You go north.
Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a SCROLL. Behind ye scroll is a FLASK. Obvious exits are NORTH, SOUTH and DENNIS.

...What's up with DENNIS?

> DENNIS

Huh.

> TALK
You engage Dennis in leisurely discussion. Ye learns that his jimberjam was purchased on sale at a discount market and that he enjoys pacing about nervously. You become bored and begin thinking about parapets.
> LOOK DENNIS
That jimberjam really makes the outfit.

What the heck is a jimberjam?!?

> LOOK JIMBERJAM
Man, that art a nice jimberjam.

Aaaaaaaagggghhh! Well, now what do we d-wait. I have an idea.

>GIVE TRINKET

But I still don't know what parapets actually are!

> DANCE
Thou shaketh it a little, and it feeleth all right.
> SMELL
You smell a Wumpus.
> TALK HOMESTAR
Who is "homestar"? Your new boyfriend?! Somebody from work you don't want me to meeteth?
> GIVE ROPE
Thou don'tst have a rope to give. Go back to your tiny life.
> GET DAGGER
Yeah, okay. (+25 points)
> GET DAGGER
Yeah, okay. (+25 points)
> GET DAGGER
Yeah, okay. (+25 points)
> DIE

(-100 points)

(video update coming tomorrow, hopefully!)

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 9, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ha, I love ye Dungeonman games. Is Peasant's Quest in the cards?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I found another command. >LOOK ZAP

(+1 point)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Ha, I love ye Dungeonman games. Is Peasant's Quest in the cards?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe. (Yes.)

Ariong posted:

I found another command. >LOOK ZAP

(+1 point)

On the one hand, crap, I've been outdone with a gif with the actual scrolling Tandy lines.

On the other hand, the generic look command doesn't give you any points. :smug: (I showed off everything that gives you points, aside from trying to get the trinket again, which takes away a point)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Oh, is that the generic? I didn't think of that. Oh well.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Time for Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free! Strong Bad runs into a big problem when he unknowingly violates the King of Town's new e-mail tax. There's only one thing for the leader of Strong Badia to do when faced with this unparalleled tyranny: revolt, secede, and siege! :cheat:

i don't want to talk about what ended up being wrong with this video. i don't want to talk about it at all. another episode might come later today as penance for my stupidity.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Glad to see this back in action. Welcome back.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Hey look! It's an actually new episode! (Even though the last one was an entire re-record)

It's almost like it's not that hard to do this when I'm not being a total idiot!

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Color Printer: Are we still getting the bonus videos for episode 1?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

whitehelm posted:

Color Printer: Are we still getting the bonus videos for episode 1?

Yes. I have to re-record two of them and unfortunately in this case that means redoing the end of the game and, in the case of one bonus video, do some tedious bullshit. Eventually. Don't worry.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Oh gosh I can't wait for more conquest! this game is great :3:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I do wonder if that April fool's update was really just a one off, or if they are doing more stuff. If it is the former... well, at least this LP'll let me see more of their stuff. Thank, C.P.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"Here be trogdors" :3:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Oh man, SB's lighter doesn't have the BMW logo on it. :smith:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

YourAverageJoe posted:

Oh man, SB's lighter doesn't have the BMW logo on it. :smith:

Probably a copyright thing :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Saw this in the related videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsa4ogtBiv0

I think this might have been better if it was just short clips of each song instead of nearly the whole thing, because I think this is too much fhqwhgads even for the biggest fhqwhgads aficionado to handle. Lose Yourself to Dance works really well, though.

• Locked thread