Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Wait, how can they sue you? Weren't they at fault? I seem to remember them pulling out in front of you, running a stop sign, or something else stupid, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
They turned left on a yellow running into me, but what happens and what the insurance thinks happens are two different things. whatever, they want to go down this rabbithole, then we shall go down this rabbithole and run it into the ground.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
the MB nearing its thousand mile mark has been pounding out the miles stable and boringly.

as for the bike? well. most of the expensive parts are gone. I'm left with a frame, suspension, and a fuel tank.

I came up with a terrible idea.
Pair of old truck turbos converted into ghettojets.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You're an idiot.

There's no lift surfaces on your design, but nor have you included a vertical thrust output from the jets. You have to choose at least one, or you'll just skid along the ground.

Also, a Rolls Royce Pegasus isn't actually that big, you could just put a saddle and controls on the top of one of those and save a lot of fab work.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

InitialDave posted:

You're an idiot.

There's no lift surfaces on your design, but nor have you included a vertical thrust output from the jets. You have to choose at least one, or you'll just skid along the ground.

Also, a Rolls Royce Pegasus isn't actually that big, you could just put a saddle and controls on the top of one of those and save a lot of fab work.

Ahem, you're forgetting the fuel tank. What's he going to do, use a camelbak full of JP-8?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

Ahem, you're forgetting the fuel tank. What's he going to do, use a camelbak full of JP-8?

Oh it's not like you'd survive long enough to need more than that.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

IOwnCalculus posted:

Oh it's not like you'd survive long enough to need more than that.

I'm brown. resilience to screaming death traps is pretty high.

I like Motronics idea, but kastein is already doing that for a living.

E: Option B is a ghettojet dirtboard.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Woo hoo boiled it over yesterday. Rad cap failed and wasn't holding pressure. Went into a gas station for a bottle of water, came out to a parkingspot of coolant and it boiling like a motherfucker.

Replaced that and it seems to stay a bit cooler.

Note: had it been the rover I'd be doing HGs next weekend, ugh.

hoseclamp on the evap can broke off, spending fuel to atmo to the point of loosing 1/4 tank of fuel over a week.
Replaced a hoseclamp there. Fucker is hidden inside the fender, thanks MB!
Also found a section of rotted hose under the hood so that was also rectified.

Bonus shot.

I may take the headlights apart and respray the housings.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Your new avatar is loving hilarious. :golfclap:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Your new avatar is loving hilarious. :golfclap:

I know who did it, and I know why.

I ordered E codes for the 190 this morning after not seeing a huge rear end pothole last night effectively sucking the car off the highway. That was fun.

Sold shitpiles tires.

brought home a 4x4.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

cursedshitbox posted:

brought home a 4x4.

:woop: the saga continues :woop:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I like the one I gave him better. :colbert:

And damnit, whatever font changes they've made make the intentional typos in yours much more obvious. :smith:

piss boner
May 17, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

brought home a 4x4.

Is it a Jeep or a Jeep?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Traxxas slash 4x4 brushless~

I modified the fog refelctor for the oem ones to refit the HID.

Holy shitfuck these look great.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
car audio mostly unfucked using a pile of random leftover parts from the rover and a donor headunit from the barbie jeep.

4 god damned hours to wire the factory door subs. Motherfucking POs.

In other news. I bought another bike using the (fe)ebay auction service. its a 06' with 10 grand on the odo. It comes home tomorrow.

Those of you in the know, shut the hell up.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I'll bet it's a Hayabusa with a CB350 front fork.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

AMF vintage sportster

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tractor!

made the 200 mile trip home.

the headlight sucks.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

cursedshitbox posted:

the headlight sucks.

You speak the truth. It'll make it 20,000 more miles if you don't let lovely gas eat away at the carb seals. Grab a manual petcock.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
now I know why I couldn't find the petcock last night on the highway haha. I didn't know they changed em out.

Fucker had a full tank of stale gas. It was getting a nasty case of altitude sickness. If I do have issues with the carb atleast the parts are fairly cheap :v:

foot controls are set for someone thats either 5' tall, or 7' tall. brake is too low, shifter is too high.
a stubby LED bar is going to cure the lousy headlight.
Its also a CA model and has tons of evap poo poo on it.

It needs a louder pipe too. Or a horn not from a scooter.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Petcock.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Stick an airhorn on it. Also...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I agree. The WOLO blaster (or variants like the Banshee) are kickass. I have one on my CB650.

Also...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm going for 60s-70s mercedes horn.

ahem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMNlAbUeTuk

Regg'd it. fixed the loving lights adjusted the balancer chain, corrected the egronomics and tossed out the mickey mouse mirrors.

E: the kitty litter is from the wifes attempt at a jeep oil change. Fucker butterfingered the old filter dropping it then sending it rolling across the floor pissing oil all the while.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
gently caress that looks like a fun bike. Tractor indeed.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Rode up to mesquite,NV. then went 80ish miles SE of it into arizona to about where the Grand canyon starts. What an amazingly beautiful place.

My lovely reused HID from the P38. Fucker did ok for about the first 3 hours of riding, then just started bouncing like a :dong:

We were planning to camp near the river. we drove till we couldn't. turns out this was recently, the river, but being that theres a nasty drought.

Night shot long exposure taken via phone. The glow is Las Vegas, we're about 4 hours from the city. It is seriously loving bright.

Just the city glow itself.

Two places I've not seen it. Near area 51. (hours away), and when I explored a few ghost towns in central NV early this year.

We picked this spot out at ehhhh almost 8pm so we never really knew what was around.

This was a cabin built by a guy in the 20s-30s. He diverted a creek and farmed/raised cattle on 200 acres. he abandoned the property in 1947.
without his care the dams failed and the creeks/streams resumed their normal flow.

To get into all of this mess theres a 8 or so mile section of road that sort of isn't road anymore. its mostly destroyed from the recent heavy storms and the fact it hasn't been resurfaced since the 80s. I ran aired down on it because of how bad it was. I limited my speed to 40mph, but I forgot that yeah, don't goose the throttle in sand if theres road underneath.

I pinched the loving tube.

Nobody was loving open but autozone, so gently caress it. patched it in the parkinglot, filled it with fix a flat and rode home. It was flat 2 hours after getting back.

gently caress yeah trail fixes.

Today I replaced the tube with a heavy duty model, and ordered correct ones for the front. I also installed a rear beadlock. (Replaced a dozen or so missing fasteners too!)

I installed a RAM mount for a phone so that I get nav/music/etc.

USB charger from shitpile that lives on.

E: Jeep got 16.5mpg offroad, bike did 45mpg.
I have a few more photos of the ranch too. those were also reduced in size and can be blown up.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 7, 2014

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I really want to ship my truck over and drive round that bit of the US. It always looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
dooooo eeeettttt.

I'm Tatooine based for another ~72 days.

Theres a sofa to crash on :v:

• Locked thread